Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:29:12 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 333
Applause Received: 384
Aaron Rodgers played amazing today.
We finally got out 100 yard rusher! Didn't expect it to be Starks this week, but damn it's nice to see he can still do it. Hell of a runner today! I am still itching to see what Lacy can do, though.
Front 7 played great again. Morris made some nice plays but I am happy with the way our defense played.
No major lapses in the secondary today. I really wanted to see Burnett back there today, but this was a good game for him to skip and rest.
I really wish we would have kept our foot on the gas, our run calls became predictable and I would love McCarthy to show a killer mentality this year. Set the tone. Run up the score. When we are running on all cylinders I want teams to fear us.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 9/15/2013(UTC), wpr on 9/15/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:48:33 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 56
Applause Received: 1,261
I'd like to say Brad Jones I think is a better player than he's gotten credit for around here. A lot of people were mad about the contract he got but he's playing up to it so far.

Starks was great

Shields had some rough spots but had good coverage for the most part and made some big stops

Nick Perry isn't getting a huge pass rush but he's an obvious upgrade to Walden. So is Neal at OLB at that. I won't be surprised if soon Neal is getting more snaps at LOLB.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/16/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:52:33 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
We finally got out 100 yard rusher! Didn't expect it to be Starks this week, but damn it's nice to see he can still do it. Hell of a runner today! I am still itching to see what Lacy can do, though.
Front 7 played great again. Morris made some nice plays but I am happy with the way our defense played.
No major lapses in the secondary today. I really wanted to see Burnett back there today, but this was a good game for him to skip and rest.
I really wish we would have kept our foot on the gas, our run calls became predictable and I would love McCarthy to show a killer mentality this year. Set the tone. Run up the score. When we are running on all cylinders I want teams to fear us.

I agree with you that this was great to see, and that it would be nice to see them with their foot on the gas a bit more. Good balance of run and pass. Granted, WAS is a shell of itself with RG lll still not fully healthy. I wish we did run it up, as I thought there was some dirty play by WAS. Lots of dirty play. Screw Shanahan.
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:56:54 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,892
Applause Received: 919
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to say Brad Jones I think is a better player than he's gotten credit for around here. A lot of people were mad about the contract he got but he's playing up to it so far.

Starks was great

Shields had some rough spots but had good coverage for the most part and made some big stops

Nick Perry isn't getting a huge pass rush but he's an obvious upgrade to Walden. So is Neal at OLB at that. I won't be surprised if soon Neal is getting more snaps at LOLB.

That INT was great!

play2win on 9/15/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:09:19 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

Starks was great

Brad Jones really did play well. Hawk was solid. Our DL was fantastic. Still waiting a bit on Perry to be a force at the line, but he does make plays v. the run.

Man, I can't wait till our secondary starts making picks. Nice INT for Neal.
Online Mucky Tundra  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:15:45 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 500
Applause Received: 619
Couldn't watch the game but what was the scheme? Similar to last week focusing on keeping RGIII in the pocket or not?
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:16:46 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 185

Well remember Perry has only played in 6 games up till this year. I bet he will develop into a better pass rusher in time. The guy is really built to stop the run though. A space eater with athletic ablity. I liked that tipped pass today by him.
Offline steveishere  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:23:18 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 56
Applause Received: 1,261
Mucky Tundra said: Go to Quoted Post
Couldn't watch the game but what was the scheme? Similar to last week focusing on keeping RGIII in the pocket or not?

They did some of the same contain stuff it looked like but they let the guys loose a lot more in the pass rush and seemed like they stuck with the man coverage a lot more in the secondary.
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:59:22 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,311
Applause Received: 1,606
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post

I want to see them keep it up too. But this is the way Mike does it.
Offline K_Buz  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 6:59:59 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 41
I was literally fit to be tied when Mike McCarthy started running the ball to try to run the clock out. Then he decided to call some pass plays and I felt much better.
texaspackerbacker on 9/16/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:43:13 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 229
K_Buz said: Go to Quoted Post
I was literally fit to be tied when Mike McCarthy started running the ball to try to run the clock out. Then he decided to call some pass plays and I felt much better.

It didn't bother me. Running is generally safer and the game was well in hand. I was watching a recording and missed the last 5 or 6 minutes. Did Wallace come in in the end?

Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:54:50 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,311
Applause Received: 1,606
no Wallace. GB ran the clock out by running the ball. Aaron Rodgers took a knee 3 times to kill the last 2 minutes of the game down in the red zone.
Offline Porforis  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 10:59:57 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 401
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
I agree with you that this was great to see, and that it would be nice to see them with their foot on the gas a bit more. Good balance of run and pass. Granted, WAS is a shell of itself with RG lll still not fully healthy. I wish we did run it up, as I thought there was some dirty play by WAS. Lots of dirty play. Screw Shanahan.

We were a late-game fumble away from 45 points - That would have been "running it up" to some people - at that point I'd consider it putting the game away. Anything more would be excessive and asking for injuries.
Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 4:22:36 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 43
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
That INT was great!

Until you consider they'd have had better field position if he'd have just let it drop. RollEyes
wpr on 9/16/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 4:47:07 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 229
TwinkieGorilla said: Go to Quoted Post
Until you consider they'd have had better field position if he'd have just let it drop. RollEyes

It was what, 4 yards. Are you seriously going to criticize a defender for making that catch (unless the rolleyes thing means you were joking)

Rss Feed