Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline steveishere  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 12:20:01 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 807

http://cdn.bleacherrepor...iweatherOut_original.gif

It may sound mean and I never want to see a guy get injured but I hope Meriweather never plays again (not because of injury but because he's a shit player and a shit person). He obviously doesn't know how to tackle and all he's ever done on a football field is cause concussions (or try to). It's like he doesn't even care about the game as long as he gets a chance to knock someone out. It didn't sit right with me when the guy was celebrating after knocking out Lacy like he did something great. This guy is a total scumbag and doesn't deserve to play the game IMO.
thanks Post received 4 applause.
wpr on 9/16/2013(UTC), Dulak on 9/16/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 9/16/2013(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 9/16/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 2:04:46 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Call me evil if you want to, but virtually every time I see a non-Packer (or member of the other two teams I have a lesser degree of loyalty to) go down/get carted off, I just can't help FEELING hope that they have some serious season or career threatening injuries. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sure some of you whatevers are appalled by that, but what can I say, it's my true honest feeling.

I await whatever pious crap gets spewed my way about this hahahahahaBoo hoo!
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline shield4life  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 4:53:20 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

What pissed me about it is not that his trying to lay a big hit, it's that his throwing himself head first into opponents head. He should get fined + suspended for taking shots to the head.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline wpr  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 5:19:21 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,751
Applause Received: 1,319

The old ways for leading with the helmet are long gone. He had to know it was illegal and he did it anyway. that makes him scum.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 5:51:38 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
The old ways for leading with the helmet are long gone. He had to know it was illegal and he did it anyway. that makes him scum.

Twice. All the more reason the penalty should be a very harsh one, a suspension at the least.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 9/16/2013(UTC)
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 5:58:01 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 125
Applause Received: 85

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Twice. All the more reason the penalty should be a very harsh one, a suspension at the least.

Problem being a suspension helps us none. The fucking refs need to learn to get it right on the field.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 6:01:50 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post
Problem being a suspension helps us none. The fecking refs need to learn to get it right on the field.

Agreed. Good thing we didn't need to have them get it right in order to win yesterday.

UserPostedImage

Offline Dulak  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 6:13:30 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 94

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/063/481/MeriweatherOut_original.gif

It may sound mean and I never want to see a guy get injured but I hope Meriweather never plays again (not because of injury but because he's a sh!t player and a sh!t person). He obviously doesn't know how to tackle and all he's ever done on a football field is cause concussions (or try to). It's like he doesn't even care about the game as long as he gets a chance to knock someone out. It didn't sit right with me when the guy was celebrating after knocking out Lacy like he did something great. This guy is a total scumbag and doesn't deserve to play the game IMO.

Man ...!

looking at that gif - he didnt even try to tackle. He was using his body and especially his helmet as a weapon. I really hope he is done for the season and the NFL suspends him. (but I dont have high hopes since he didnt even get a penalty).

Thats not even a tackle.
Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 6:27:36 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,304
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
Man ...!

looking at that gif - he didnt even try to tackle. He was using his body and especially his helmet as a weapon. I really hope he is done for the season and the NFL suspends him. (but I dont have high hopes since he didnt even get a penalty).

Thats not even a tackle.

They way he launched himself crown first into Lacy's helmet was even more blatant.

Dude needs to meet with Goodell. Or barring that, De Smith.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online sschind  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:56:17 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 101
Applause Received: 388

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Agreed. Good thing we didn't need to have them get it right in order to win yesterday.

God forbid that ever happens again. I don't think I could handle another round of "the refs cost us the game" posts.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 10:25:12 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
God forbid that ever happens again. I don't think I could handle another round of "the refs cost us the game" posts.

I didn't mean to imply that just because GB didn't need to refs to make the correct call that it is ok.

UserPostedImage

Offline texaspackerbacker  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 12:14:46 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

I'm not ever gonna say a word in defense of a player hurting/hitting illegally any Packer player, BUT, face it, at some point, the shoe will be on the other foot. A Packer player will inadvertently/carelessly/maybe even intentionally lead with the head.

I did an experiment this morning - testing a theory - that leading with the head is the more natural movement, and turning the head to the side or raising the chin/bending the back of the neck to hit with the face mask is an unnatural act. I dug out my old blocking dummy from 20 years ago when I coached kids football; I set it up - on a nice soft mattress to save my poor old body, and tried comparatively bending the neck sideways to hit left shoulder first - effect: I landed hard on my right arm and if not for the soft mattress, might have injured my right (off-side) shoulder or collar bone. Plus, it felt damn weird that way. I then tried head on, neck bent back/face making first contact. THAT hurt! Even though the dummy was not planted or held at all, there was stress on the back of my neck - similar to whiplash - to the extent that it was more than a little bit painful. I then did it the way probably we all were taught, the old-fashioned/now illegal and shunned way. I launched myself head and shoulder together first - as much as a 66 year old can launch hahahaha, and no problem at all. Not yet satisfied, I had my wife hold the dummy as we used to do in football practice, and I launched - still no ill effects.

Granted, I did not go head into a hard helmet. I'm sure that would run the risk - RISK, not sure thing - of injury.

Conclusion: Forcing unorthodox or unnatural positions could cause more harm than the good done by encouraging alternatives to leading with the head. I can really see how somebody tackling in what seems to be the instinctive/natural way could meet a runner lowering his head - as we were all also taught to do - and bang, there is helmet to helmet contact.

All these guys can afford fines, but you get into suspensions, and I would like to see proof or strong evidence that the guy was head-hunting - intentionally acting to injure.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Bigbyfan  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 2:04:57 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 71

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Call me evil if you want to, but virtually every time I see a non-Packer (or member of the other two teams I have a lesser degree of loyalty to) go down/get carted off, I just can't help FEELING hope that they have some serious season or career threatening injuries. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sure some of you whatevers are appalled by that, but what can I say, it's my true honest feeling.

I await whatever pious crap gets spewed my way about this hahahahahaBoo hoo!

Not sure how you could hope for someone, possibly with a family, to have their livelihood permanently altered or ended.
blank
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 9/16/2013(UTC), wpr on 9/16/2013(UTC)
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 2:18:38 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 300
Applause Received: 366

UserPostedImage

One thing I didn't notice right away and makes me really cringe seeing this is how Lacy's legs stay in the same spot and how he sorta goes down like a tree being felled.

As far as his hit on Starks, it's called karma bitch. I can't believe they didn't call anything for the hits on Starks or Lacy yet I've seen them call for flags on textbook, shoulder-to-gut tackles due to the fast nature of the tackled players head going forward and whipping back. I don't normally bitch about refs but what happened here is just so obvious.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 2:21:05 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 807

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan Go to Quoted Post
Not sure how you could hope for someone, possibly with a family, to have their livelihood permanently altered or ended.

Yeah really it's just a game that in reality means pretty much nothing. How dare that man play against the men that play for a team that I like.

Not to mention that once a player on the other team gets carted off the field it doesn't help the packers for them to have a career ending injury. That's simply hoping someones career is over just because.
Rss Feed