You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online hardrocker950  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:58:06 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 259
Joined: 11/10/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Don't you think you need a little bit larger body of work than the Redskin game to make these claims? I do think our tackles are playing pretty well for their small amount of experience and talent they've gone up against. I'd love for you to be right Buckeye, but I'm far from convinced yet.


I agree. I am not fully convinced either, but it is encouraging. In theory these guys should improve as the season progresses. Although some people feel that the line is just a bunch of guys pushing each other, it is a tough job and I feel they are just as important as any other part of the team.

Back to the main topic - Rodgers has handled the pressure of following Favre very well to the point that the controversy is only afterthought to many of us. He has snuffed out all the BS labels he has been slapped with and done without negative remarks or anger. Here's to you Aaron for keeping it classyCheers
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Online nerdmann  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:03:32 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,514
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 Go to Quoted Post
I agree. I am not fully convinced either, but it is encouraging. In theory these guys should improve as the season progresses. Although some people feel that the line is just a bunch of guys pushing each other, it is a tough job and I feel they are just as important as any other part of the team.

Back to the main topic - Rodgers has handled the pressure of following Favre very well to the point that the controversy is only afterthought to many of us. He has snuffed out all the BS labels he has been slapped with and done without negative remarks or anger. Here's to you Aaron for keeping it classyCheers


I believe he does harbor some anger.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:17:25 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,789

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I believe he does harbor some anger.


In what context? What does Aaron "Super Bowl MVP" Rodgers to be angry about?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:59:46 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,859
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,401
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
In what context? What does Aaron "Super Bowl MVP" Rodgers to be angry about?


he is stuck in the mind of nerdmann and can't get out. it is dark and scary in there.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:22:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: stupid typo

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 5 applause.
Since69 on 9/18/2013(UTC), Porforis on 9/18/2013(UTC), buckeyepackfan on 9/18/2013(UTC), play2win on 9/19/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 9/19/2013(UTC)
Offline Since69  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:07:50 AM(UTC)
Since69

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,133
Joined: 11/2/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 82
Applause Received: 81

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post

http://www.620wtmj.com/s...-the-line-224104831.html


"Bakhtiari, Sitton, Dietrich-Smith, Lang and Barclay are a balance of experience and youth.


Love that article, but the sudden disappearance of the Redskins pass rush, I think, was more a result of Starks' success than getting beaten down by our rookies. You can't pin your ears back and go after the QB when he has a running back capable of getting past the line of scrimmage.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:10:44 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,733
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: Since69 Go to Quoted Post
Love that article, but the sudden disappearance of the Redskins pass rush, I think, was more a result of Starks' success than getting beaten down by our rookies. You can't pin your ears back and go after the QB when he has a running back capable of getting past the line of scrimmage.


Why did Starks suddenly develop the talent to get past the LOS this year? He didn't suddenly start teleporting through the lack of holes generated by the offensive line like some people expected our current or potential future RBs to do.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:49:44 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,237
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 598

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Why did Starks suddenly develop the talent to get past the LOS this year? He didn't suddenly start teleporting through the lack of holes generated by the offensive line like some people expected our current or potential future RBs to do.


Starks presence also made the offensive line able to open big holes in the run game. It's the aura of Starks.
Online nerdmann  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:43:20 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,514
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
In what context? What does Aaron "Super Bowl MVP" Rodgers to be angry about?


Well, one time a fan said he was not as tall as he thought he'd be.

Occasionally someone in the press will criticize him. He didn't get drafted first overall. Some of the fans liked Favre better than him. That sort of thing.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:13:53 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,859
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,401
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Well, one time a fan said he was not as tall as he thought he'd be.

Occasionally someone in the press will criticize him. He didn't get drafted first overall. Some of the fans liked Favre better than him. That sort of thing.


I can see Aaron sobbing himself to sleep every night because someone likes Brett better than him.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/19/2013(UTC)
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:14:53 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Canada
Posts: 521
Joined: 9/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 99
Applause Received: 63

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
In what context? What does Aaron "Super Bowl MVP" Rodgers to be angry about?


Maybe he saw the pic of Brett in Crocs and felt he could never measure up?

"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:57:36 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,644
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Well, one time a fan said he was not as tall as he thought he'd be.

Occasionally someone in the press will criticize him. He didn't get drafted first overall. Some of the fans liked Favre better than him. That sort of thing.


I remember that clip of the fan saying that and Rodgers response and personally it was refreshing to see him react like he was a regular person. One huge difference between Rodgers and Brett, Rodgers is much more cautious and calculated in what he says. Brett never seemed to care, he seemed more "real" I guess.

Players get criticized whenever they say something that isn't NFL PC these days. Like Finley saying that he and Rodgers needed to get on the same page. Finley was slammed for it, even though it happened to be the truth. I would like to see more "honesty" from players. They are grown men, they know what is up and if they can't get past honesty, to bad.

I see much the same shielding of Rodgers by fans as we/they did for Brett during his career. We need to be honest that he is just a person and has flaws. We can't blindly hold him on a level that he will never be able to live up to.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:08:49 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,237
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 598

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I remember that clip of the fan saying that and Rodgers response and personally it was refreshing to see him react like he was a regular person. One huge difference between Rodgers and Brett, Rodgers is much more cautious and calculated in what he says. Brett never seemed to care, he seemed more "real" I guess.

Players get criticized whenever they say something that isn't NFL PC these days. Like Finley saying that he and Rodgers needed to get on the same page. Finley was slammed for it, even though it happened to be the truth. I would like to see more "honesty" from players. They are grown men, they know what is up and if they can't get past honesty, to bad.

I see much the same shielding of Rodgers by fans as we/they did for Brett during his career. We need to be honest that he is just a person and has flaws. We can't blindly hold him on a level that he will never be able to live up to.


I always say the fans want their players to be "football robots" they expect them to be 100% football all the time and forget they are actual people. Like a few years ago when Clay Matthews mentioned he was taking fans advice on a new sack dance there was an uproar from some fans (even some on here) saying stupid things like "Clay needs to shut up and focus on football!" lol like talking about a sack dance for 10 seconds in an interview will take away from football preparation.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 9/19/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 9/19/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:34:59 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,600
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 932

Yep... Rodgers keeps complete tabs on the stats.

FoxSportsWisconsin wrote:
4. A.) How would you rate your first-down production in the first two games?

RODGERS: "I'd have to look at the stats. I'm not sure what the stats are."

4. B.) You're No. 1 in the league.

RODGERS: "Are we? Yeah, it's pretty good then. The key for us is getting us in third-and-manageable (situations). I think we're 4 of 10 both games on third down, which is not as good as we want to be, obviously, but we've obviously done a good job on first and second down because to only have 10 third downs each game is good for us and obviously you'd like to convert a few more of those. But first-down and second-down production are very important to this offense."

The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:37:37 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,600
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 932

Originally Posted by: Since69 Go to Quoted Post
Love that article, but the sudden disappearance of the Redskins pass rush, I think, was more a result of Starks' success than getting beaten down by our rookies. You can't pin your ears back and go after the QB when he has a running back capable of getting past the line of scrimmage.


I say it every year.. the running game and balance does nothing but help the passing game from protection to spacing and everything in between. And that doesn't address what it benefits your defense in terms of snap counts and fatigue..

BTW... I think the Packers will benefit greatly from being able to experiment and teach in the second half of that game on defense.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:02:45 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 754
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 308

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I remember that clip of the fan saying that and Rodgers response and personally it was refreshing to see him react like he was a regular person. One huge difference between Rodgers and Brett, Rodgers is much more cautious and calculated in what he says. Brett never seemed to care, he seemed more "real" I guess.

Players get criticized whenever they say something that isn't NFL PC these days. Like Finley saying that he and Rodgers needed to get on the same page. Finley was slammed for it, even though it happened to be the truth. I would like to see more "honesty" from players. They are grown men, they know what is up and if they can't get past honesty, to bad.

I see much the same shielding of Rodgers by fans as we/they did for Brett during his career. We need to be honest that he is just a person and has flaws. We can't blindly hold him on a level that he will never be able to live up to.


Most fans will say they want more honesty but they fail to realize that more honesty may mean they will hear things about their favorite players that may not portray them in the best light.

The attitude of many fans seems to be you can be honest as long as we like you and you don't say anything bad about someone we like better. Otherwise keep your mouth shut and do your job.

The favorites can pretty much do or say what they want, within reason of course, and no one will bat an eye.

You are exactly right about the shielding of Rodgers. No one can say anything remotely negative, even if it is a subjective matter, without some fans getting their panties in a bunch over it.

I also agree with your comparison of Favre and Rodgers with one small exception. I don't think Favre was always that way. He was more cautious at first but he learned quickly that the favorites had more leeway and he became a favorite very quickly. Unfortunately for him he didn't realize how quickly you could become the un-favorite. Rodgers, perhaps after witnessing the Favre situation, is being more cautious.

I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.589 seconds.