Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 6:42:56 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I don't believe Ted Thompson has every signed, traded for, or anything a Wisconsin Badger.


Yes he is a hater... but Scott Tolzien is on the roster currently.. practice squad.


The only concern here would be.. salary cap constraints with a blue chip left tackle like this at this time in his spot in his career. What impact would that have on resigning players like James Jones, Finley, Raji.. etc.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 6:57:51 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,146
Applause Received: 1,516

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I don't believe Ted Thompson has every signed, traded for, or anything a Wisconsin Badger.


I was wondering that too.

Like others have said, salary cap crunch issues ahead as well.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Since69  
#13 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 9:51:15 AM(UTC)
Since69

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 11/2/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 83

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post

The only concern here would be.. salary cap constraints with a blue chip left tackle like this at this time in his spot in his career. What impact would that have on resigning players like James Jones, Finley, Raji.. etc.



Left Tackle is the second most important position on the team. If talent is available I say go out and get it and worry about the money later. I'd rather pay Joe Thomas than some rookie running back...
UserPostedImage
Online dhazer  
#14 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 9:53:30 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

I brought this up in another thread and said give our 1st seeing it would be late 20's, but i don't see Ted Thompson doing this after all h drafted the guys on the line or found them on the waiver wire and thats how he likes it.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#15 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 10:07:27 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 292

Cap issues can almost always be worked out. My best solution would be skip trying to re-sign Raji, but I know some have a higher opinion of Raji than I do. The most probable way would include a re-structuring with Aaron Rodgers.

Right now this is all smoke generated by fans, but hopefully Ted Thompson gives this a good try even if it cost more than just a first round pick. I'm not holding my breath, though.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline yooperfan  
#16 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 10:14:29 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 633
Applause Received: 293

The only way Ted Thompson will be involved in a Joe Thomas deal is if Joe falls out of the sky into Ted's lap with a bow around his neck that says, I play for minimum wage.
It ain't happening!
Offline steveishere  
#17 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 10:14:45 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: Since69 Go to Quoted Post
Left Tackle is the second most important position on the team. If talent is available I say go out and get it and worry about the money later. I'd rather pay Joe Thomas than some rookie running back...


Not really. I could agree that offensive line is 2nd most important position group but LT is just 1 spot of that group. A RT that's constantly getting blown up is going to cause just as much disruption as your LT sucking. LT as a position is very overrated. I would rather spread money out along the offensive line as a whole for average/above average players than dish out a ton to 1 elite player. Joe Thomas makes close to Clay Matthews like money but he sure as hell doesn't impact games like Clay does.

Having a top LT would be sweet but I wouldn't want to use too many resources on one.
Online hardrocker950  
#18 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 10:44:12 AM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 11/10/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 88

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Not really. I could agree that offensive line is 2nd most important position group but LT is just 1 spot of that group. A RT that's constantly getting blown up is going to cause just as much disruption as your LT sucking. LT as a position is very overrated. I would rather spread money out along the offensive line as a whole for average/above average players than dish out a ton to 1 elite player. Joe Thomas makes close to Clay Matthews like money but he sure as hell doesn't impact games like Clay does.

Having a top LT would be sweet but I wouldn't want to use too many resources on one.


Ya I don't see this likely either. Unless we end up in dire need of a LT and nobody else is fit for the job, you can bet that Ted wouldn't make it happen. Even if the occasion would arise - he would probably look in the bargain basement for a replacement. Personally I just don't think what he brings to the table is enough to sway our GM.
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Online mi_keys  
#19 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 10:47:33 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 225
Applause Received: 359

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
The only way Ted Thompson will be involved in a Joe Thomas deal is if Joe falls out of the sky into Ted's lap with a bow around his neck that says, I play for minimum wage.
It ain't happening!


Former home town discount? Big Grin
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline wpr  
#20 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 11:32:00 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,146
Applause Received: 1,516

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I brought this up in another thread and said give our 1st seeing it would be late 20's, but i don't see Ted Thompson doing this after all h drafted the guys on the line or found them on the waiver wire and thats how he likes it.


#32 my friend.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 4 applause.
mi_keys on 9/20/2013(UTC), Zero2Cool on 9/20/2013(UTC), Yerko on 9/20/2013(UTC), macbob on 9/20/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Gilligan

20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool