Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline beast  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:41:48 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 322

I know fans always want their team to be more and more agressive in their play calling, even when it's not the right thing to do (and this very well might be one of those times). But at times it seems like he gets too conservative with the play calling. And I know there very well is a time and place for that.

BUT with Burnett and Hayward out, and the healthy Safeties making some mistakes and the starting CBs giving up some huge plays to the #1 WRs. I'm thinking the Packers should be trying to take pressure off the DBs and more pressure on front 7 to get it done. By being a little more agressive with them.

Yes being a little more agressive with them will ask the DBs to play a little more man on man and get more envovled in the run stopping but that might be their strengths with covering over a longer time span in zones.

I think Shields / McMillian are better in man coverage than zone coverage. Seems like when Williams thinks he has time to look at the QB, he looks and loses track of the WR, less time would hopefully help that.

I think I'd like to see more of Matthews, Perry and Neal all at LB at the same time.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Sponsor
Offline DakotaT  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:49:57 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 686
Applause Received: 1,404

NO, Capers has been wasting the Packers talent on D his whole tenure here with the exception of 2010.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:18:43 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 494
Applause Received: 305

You may very well get your wish, Beast. Capers devised a specialized defensive scheme against the Niners to contain the running of Kaepernick. He then used something fairly similar against the Redskins, expecting Griffin to have more running ability than he displayed.

Against the Bengals, we will face a more conventional QB and offense. Therefore, I expect Capers to revert to his kind of normal, which will include a lot of creative/aggressive blitzing.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 11:39:15 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,784
Applause Received: 675

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
You may very well get your wish, Beast. Capers devised a specialized defensive scheme against the Niners to contain the running of Kaepernick. He then used something fairly similar against the Redskins, expecting Griffin to have more running ability than he displayed.

Against the Bengals, we will face a more conventional QB and offense. Therefore, I expect Capers to revert to his kind of normal, which will include a lot of creative/aggressive blitzing.

Maybe, but he'll want to stuff the run too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Dulak  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 12:19:51 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 166
Applause Received: 105

I agree' Id rather have capers mixing and dialing it up - then playing conservative which he seems to do. Not as much as the last guy bob sanders - whom was so predictable. But see so many 3 man rushes which basically lets them get a 1st or lets the QB run.

Dom is still decent IMO not as bad as some people make him out to be. Like I said we could have the last guy ...
Offline dhpackr  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:19:21 AM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

I wish Capers did not have to get creative..It'd be nice if the "D" Line could generate a pass rush itself....
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline beast  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:24:28 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 322

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
I agree' Id rather have capers mixing and dialing it up - then playing conservative which he seems to do. Not as much as the last guy bob sanders - whom was so predictable. But see so many 3 man rushes which basically lets them get a 1st or lets the QB run.

Dom is still decent IMO not as bad as some people make him out to be. Like I said we could have the last guy ...

I think there is a time and place to get conservative, like in the 2011 season he was still running an agressive scheme and Packers defense got lit up. But with the injuries/weakness of these DBs, I think it MIGHT be better for them to cover more man on man but hopefully shorter time peiord than they would have to in zone.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
NO, Capers has been wasting the Packers talent on D his whole tenure here with the exception of 2010.

I think Capers has also had to work with lack of talent at times as well... like lack of pass rushers, and now lack of top DB guys. But it's best when you call a game around the talent you have, and I feel like Capers keeps making changes a year behind.

I think after the 2011 season, he got less aggressive and more conservative but should of done that during the 2011 season and every year since he's been behind making changes.

It was rumored, a couple years ago that Neal might split time at OLB and they waited until this year to do it (I'm guessing because they wanted to make sure they had enough hogs in the trenches, but in the 3-4 OLB is very important, could of used another pass rusher there before Perry).

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:06:09 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

He's on the hot seat. Gotta prove himself this year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 10:23:48 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

29.3 points per game for opponents.

terrible
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/24/2013(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 10:30:09 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 442

Capers was quite aggressive this last game. Blitzing Tramon and others.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 3:12:33 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 319
Applause Received: 265

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
29.3 points per game for opponents.

terrible

Lets see...Capers D didn't give up a 54 yd fumble return...or turn the ball over on the 2 yard line. Though I suppose you could ding them for not stopping Cincy from gaining 2 yards...
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 3:33:21 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Lets see...Capers D didn't give up a 54 yd fumble return...or turn the ball over on the 2 yard line. Though I suppose you could ding them for not stopping Cincy from gaining 2 yards...

Capers' unit really stepped up. They forced FOUR turnovers in successive drives, one of which was returned for a TD. They played very well against a good team.

Until Clay went out.
Offline GermanGilbert  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 3:59:03 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 37
Applause Received: 87

I also wouldn't blame Capers on that loss. If the offense would have done it's job, noone would even talk about the defense. What really pissed me off were the 3 15yds penalties for undisciplined behaviour. The Perry call was questionable, but the other 2 were unexcusable.
blank
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 5:27:22 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
I also wouldn't blame Capers on that loss. If the offense would have done it's job, noone would even talk about the defense. What really pissed me off were the 3 15yds penalties for undisciplined behaviour. The Perry call was questionable, but the other 2 were unexcusable.

Fluke play after fluke play after fluke play. Same old story with this team.

Look at the Seattle game last year.
Rss Feed