Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:24:59 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,149
Applause Received: 1,519

JSOnline wrote:
Three games into the 2013 season, the Green Bay Packers are half the team they want to be defensively.

They have been great at limiting long runs but are among the NFL's worst at allowing pass plays of 20 or more yards.

They rank in the top 10 in fewest first downs allowed on third and 5 or more but sit tied for 29th in passing touchdowns allowed.

They have committed just two competitive penalties (non-personal foul or roughness) but have given up nine touchdown drives of 80 or more yards.

They have played the entire season without safety Morgan Burnett and cornerback Casey Hayward because of hamstring injuries, but they have not missed a start anywhere else on the unit

I hope the return of Burnett and Hayward will solve all ills but I am not so sure. his may be Capers last season if he doesn't get things turned around. He is out of chances and excuses.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:03:59 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,708
Applause Received: 664

Capers is on the hot seat.

But we all know that if Kaepernick and Dalton had only run 2/3 as many plays as they did, we'd be 3-0 and the defense would be ranking much higher.

Time of Possession, Mike. Get some.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:18:48 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 378
Applause Received: 484

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Capers is on the hot seat.

But we all know that if Kaepernick and Dalton had only run 2/3 as many plays as they did, we'd be 3-0 and the defense would be ranking much higher.

Time of Possession, Mike. Get some.

Packers 31:51
Bengals 28:09

How much more do they need? Think

(The San Fran game is another matter though)
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:27:09 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post

About another 5:00.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline hardrocker950  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:44:23 AM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 88

We have heard this before. I think injuries are part of the problem, but a DC's job is to make the most is of what he has to work with - and I'm not convinced he has done this.

I can't imagine our coverage getting any worse, but the way we have looked on D the past couple of years - this is his last chance to make me think he is as good as the talking heads claim. If I see another game like week 1 - I will officially be on board the "fire Capers" campaign.

EDIT - Nerdmann makes a valid point, the offense has not exactly helped out our D by extending ToP. Having our offense on the field longer gives us a better chance at winning.
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:36:58 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

This is definitely his last year to prove his worth.

EDIT: HOW BOUT THAT FUCKING OLINE COACH
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 9/29/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 10:55:26 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

I think we would of won that game if Rodgers didn't throw one of those 2 picks. If he doesn't throw that one to Cobb we definitely win. 31 minutes is a lot. You can't blame the Coach for the other 2 Interceptions that would of kept the drive going if not thrown to extend that 31.
Offline Laser Gunns  
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:01:26 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post

With how many turnovers they coughed up. We could have done a lot better.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
nerdmann on 9/28/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 5:54:19 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 457

YEAR..........PACKERS T.O.P.......OPP. T.O.P......TURNOVER RATIO......RECORD

2008................31:37................28:56....................+7.....................6-10
2009................33:02................26:57..................+24.....................11-5
2010................32:01................28:46..................+10.....................10-6
2011................30:29................29:31..................+24.....................15-1
2012................30:26................29:33..................+07.....................11-5

Another 5 minutes in Time of possession? That would make The Bengals game 36:51, a number that isn't reached very often in The NFL.

I hate bringing facts and stats into these conversations, the only STAT that counts is W-L record.

Time of possession does not calculate into winning games, there are too many variables that goes into who has the ball for how long.

It's all about winning the turnover battle, it always has been and it always will be.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:30:53 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
YEAR..........PACKERS T.O.P.......OPP. T.O.P......TURNOVER RATIO......RECORD

2008................31:37................28:56....................+7.....................6-10
2009................33:02................26:57..................+24.....................11-5
2010................32:01................28:46..................+10.....................10-6
2011................30:29................29:31..................+24.....................15-1
2012................30:26................29:33..................+07.....................11-5

Another 5 minutes in Time of possession? That would make The Bengals game 36:51, a number that isn't reached very often in The NFL.

I hate bringing facts and stats into these conversations, the only STAT that counts is W-L record.

Time of possession does not calculate into winning games, there are too many variables that goes into who has the ball for how long.

It's all about winning the turnover battle, it always has been and it always will be.

We did win the turnover battle.

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:56:31 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

We did win the turnover battle.

One of the rare occasions, break the game down and this more than most was all about turnovers, not time of possession.

Packers fumble kickoff, go down 14-0, Packers force 4 straight turnovers, pull to 14-13.

The one glaring point here is that The Packers did not take advantage of the turnovers, only getting 13 points.(or it could be said The Bengals D stepped up)

Packers go up 30-14, while controlling the ball and the clock, then comes the 2 turnovers which The Bengals scored td's after each.

So yes, this one game, The Packers won the turnover battle but lost the game, that is a rarity, but it is what the teams did after the turnovers that determined the outcome.

The Bengals capitalized on them The Packers didn't.

When the Packers were +3 in turnovers they cut the lead to 14-13 then stretched it to 30-14.

Once again, all you can focus on are 2 things, time of possession and my favorite, The Packers, as a team or individually "shitting" themselves.

Once again I have to show you that neither has a huge determination on the outcomes of games.

Time of Possession, most of the time is altered by turnovers.

Shitting yourself I HAVE NEVER HAD A CLUE how that pertains to a football game, and have never found an official stat called by that name.

In your world I am sure it exists, not in mine.
Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 8:28:34 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 666
Applause Received: 1,373

The Packers shit themselves because they handed the ball off to a 180lb running back instead of letting the quarterback dive under their 320lb LG for the first down. Everything Buckeye just said has merit, but he always gives our coaches a pass. That loss is on the person that called the fourth down deep draw for a first down.

I'm on Buckeye's ignore list so somebody will have to let him know how clueless he is.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 8:36:27 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

One of the rare occasions, break the game down and this more than most was all about turnovers, not time of possession.

Packers fumble kickoff, go down 14-0, Packers force 4 straight turnovers, pull to 14-13.

The one glaring point here is that The Packers did not take advantage of the turnovers, only getting 13 points.(or it could be said The Bengals D stepped up)

Packers go up 30-14, while controlling the ball and the clock, then comes the 2 turnovers which The Bengals scored td's after each.

So yes, this one game, The Packers won the turnover battle but lost the game, that is a rarity, but it is what the teams did after the turnovers that determined the outcome.

The Bengals capitalized on them The Packers didn't.

When the Packers were +3 in turnovers they cut the lead to 14-13 then stretched it to 30-14.

Once again, all you can focus on are 2 things, time of possession and my favorite, The Packers, as a team or individually "sh!tting" themselves.

Once again I have to show you that neither has a huge determination on the outcomes of games.

Time of Possession, most of the time is altered by turnovers.

sh!tting yourself I HAVE NEVER HAD A CLUE how that pertains to a football game, and have never found an official stat called by that name.

In your world I am sure it exists, not in mine.

Ok wait, we actually didn't win the turnover battle.

Ross's fumble, Franklin's fumble, two INTs by Aaron.

Four turnovers each way?

Anyway, no one's arguing that we shouldn't win the turnover battle.

Fact is, if time ran out, the game would have been over, and there would have been no comeback. Mike and Aaron like the no-huddle offense. We've had drives of 10 plays that burn less than 3 minutes. Fact is, even with the no-huddle, they could still run the clock down in between plays.

They don't do that, and it results in the other team getting more plays on offense and our defense getting worn down.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:17:26 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Ok wait, we actually didn't win the turnover battle.

Ross's fumble, Franklin's fumble, two INTs by Aaron.

Four turnovers each way?

Anyway, no one's arguing that we shouldn't win the turnover battle.

Fact is, if time ran out, the game would have been over, and there would have been no comeback. Mike and Aaron like the no-huddle offense. We've had drives of 10 plays that burn less than 3 minutes. Fact is, even with the no-huddle, they could still run the clock down in between plays.

They don't do that, and it results in the other team getting more plays on offense and our defense getting worn down.

Did I not say, The packers did win the turnover battle this game, and it is a rarity that they would lose this game.

Packers scored 13 pts off 4 Bengal turnovers.

Bengals scored 17 pts off 3 Packer turnovers.

That's a 4 pt swing, hhmmm what was final score? oh yea 34-30.

Packers don't turn the ball over in 2nd half they win the game, the outcome has nothing to do with time of possession.

Offline gbguy20  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:54:36 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Did I not say, The packers did win the turnover battle this game, and it is a rarity that they would lose this game.

Packers don't turn the ball over in 2nd half they win the game, the outcome has nothing to do with time of possession.

you missed one
call me Dan
nerdmann on 9/29/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:00:27 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

If time runs out prior to Franklin's fumble, we win.
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:08:29 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 666
Applause Received: 1,373

Quit making sense, it defeats his argument. That first down wins that football game. McCarthy called the wrong play, which is becoming a little too regular in my opinion.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 9/29/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:11:19 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

The Bengals had the ball 10:00 of the 1st quarter.

That means the Packers controlled the clock the rest of the game.

THEY TURNED THE BALL OVER!!!!!! TWICE!!! In the 2nd half

The Packers could have chose to go for a FG, or punt, but they decided to go for it so they could run more time off the clock, but THEY TURNED THE BALL OVER!!!!!

That is why they lost.

Not because there was still time left on the clock!!!!!
Rss Feed