Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:17:51 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,352
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,752
Applause Received: 1,321

CheeseheadTV wrote:
Nick Perry and Mike Neal have done little in the way of putting pressure on opposing quarterbacks so far this season.


let me write this down. It is something brand new that we have not heard in the past 3-4 years.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Sponsor
Offline yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:27:47 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,766
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 525
Applause Received: 243

The search continues.
Stay tuned for next years "news".
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 6:23:12 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

I really wish they'd give Mulumba a shot at Perry's job.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dulak on 10/2/2013(UTC)
Offline olds70supreme  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 6:24:02 AM(UTC)
olds70supreme

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 187
Joined: 8/10/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 35

It seems early to start howling about this based on the small sample size. The first two games of the season were against quarterbacks where the focus seemed to be containment rather than pressure. We basically only have one game (Bengals) to decipher what the pass rush is like. If we get to the middle of the season and are still seeing similar results then I would agree we haven't solved the pass rush issue.
blank
Offline Dulak  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:05:20 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,614
Joined: 1/19/2009(UTC)
Location: London, UK (from kenosha)

Applause Given: 148
Applause Received: 94

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I really wish they'd give Mulumba a shot at Perry's job.


somebody ... give em all a try - heck they had brad jones in for awhile and he sucked - I think the only reason he got some sacks in because CM3 and was jenkins still on our team then? - were beating the line up.

Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:54:06 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,923
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme Go to Quoted Post
It seems early to start howling about this based on the small sample size. The first two games of the season were against quarterbacks where the focus seemed to be containment rather than pressure. We basically only have one game (Bengals) to decipher what the pass rush is like. If we get to the middle of the season and are still seeing similar results then I would agree we haven't solved the pass rush issue.


Exactly.

Plus, Detoilet's T's suck.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:13:58 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,279
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I really wish they'd give Mulumba a shot at Perry's job.


So in other threads you have expressed your dislike of Hawk and B. Jones. I think you have said you would prefer them not being on the team.

Now you want Mulumba to start.

Hell let's just go all the way with this.

This weeks starting 4 lbr's, Mulumba, Barrington, Lattimore and Palmer.

Damn now that's a lineup not to worry about.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:55:48 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
So in other threads you have expressed your dislike of Hawk and B. Jones. I think you have said you would prefer them not being on the team.

Now you want Mulumba to start.

Hell let's just go all the way with this.

This weeks starting 4 lbr's, Mulumba, Barrington, Lattimore and Palmer.

Damn now that's a lineup not to worry about.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall


Of course Matthews would need to be included, but other than that, yeah, I'd be fine with it. There'd be a short period of transition, I suppose, but talent-wise, those guys all would be upgrades over the other LBs - Perry possibly being the exception - the jury is still out on him, but I really think Mulumba in his brief opportunites has shown more than Perry ever showed.

And those plow horses currently at ILB just drag down the whole defense.

I actually like Francois better than Lattimore, though.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:20:20 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,279
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Of course Matthews would need to be included, but other than that, yeah, I'd be fine with it. There'd be a short period of transition, I suppose, but talent-wise, those guys all would be upgrades over the other LBs - Perry possibly being the exception - the jury is still out on him, but I really think Mulumba in his brief opportunites has shown more than Perry ever showed.

And those plow horses currently at ILB just drag down the whole defense.

I actually like Francois better than Lattimore, though.


Thankfully YOU don't make the decisions.

That will be a fine lineup in another 2 years, when they are ready, for now you will have to live with the experienced plow horses that seem to be doing a pretty good job.

WHY DON'T YOU START UDFA AND LATE RND DRAFT PICKS?
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
0m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

2h / Random Babble / Dulak

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

31-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / pitt yinzer


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.