Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 1:00:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Mike Wilkening wrote:
Wisconsin and LSU will play at Green Bay's Lambeau Field early in the 2016 season, the Packers and UW said Friday. The Badgers will host the Tigers on Saturday, September 3, 2016. "It is a tremendous opportunity to showcase our program, a great experience for our players to play in one of the most revered...

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 1:26:27 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 525
Applause Received: 243

Aw crap, they are going to wreck the field.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/11/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 1:42:10 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,752
Applause Received: 1,321

I think every NFL stadium should host at least one game every year. Illinois has played on Soldiers Field every once in a while. It probably improved the lumps in the field when they did.

It would be fun to see a major game like Nebraska and OSU on Soldier Field. Or Wisconsin and USC for that matter.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 2:06:34 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

They should have the State HS Football games in the NFL stadium, if one is there. Imagine the interest that would garner for football kids to play the sport? Imagine the opportunity to play at Lambeau Field as a high school kid. Talk about some motivation to kick ass and do good in school.

UserPostedImage
Offline rabidgopher04  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 2:10:16 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 109
Applause Received: 126

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
They should have the State HS Football games in the NFL stadium, if one is there. Imagine the interest that would garner for football kids to play the sport? Imagine the opportunity to play at Lambeau Field as a high school kid. Talk about some motivation to kick ass and do good in school.

HS State football playoffs are played at the Metrodome in Minnesota.

I didn't read the article, but on first glance I'm not sure why Wisconsin would want to do this. It must work out financially, but I thought Camp Randall could hold about 100,000 people meaning more money for UW than if the game is at Lambeau.
Do you like bacon?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 2:14:21 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Camp Randall - Capacity: 80,321
Lambeau Field - Capicity: 80,750

Plus, Lambeau has $8.75 weiners.

UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 5:59:10 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

It's the second half of a home and home. The first half will be played in 2014 at Reliant Field where the Houston Texans play. If we were to play in Camp Randall, we probably would have had to play in Death Valley - not a good thing.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 7:16:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Jason Wilde wrote:
GREEN BAY — College football is indeed coming to Lambeau Field.

The oft-discussed game between LSU and the University of Wisconsin at the Green Bay Packers' hallowed stadium is a go, as the team and the UW athletic department announced Friday that the game will be played on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016.

"We're honored to be able to host two storied college football programs at Lambeau Field," Packers president/CEO Mark Murphy said in a statement. "It will be an exciting weekend for football fans at our historic stadium. The Green Bay community will serve as an excellent host and we all look forward to seeing fans from both teams that weekend."

The game will be the fourth college football game to be played at Lambeau Field. St. Norbert College twice played host to Fordham University at Lambeau Field in a Vince Lombardi Memorial Game, winning both contests. The Green Knights defeated the Rams 14-10 on Nov. 20, 1982, and 18-9 on Nov. 19, 1983. St. Norbert also hosted Mankato State College on Oct. 29, 1960, defeating the Indians, 29-14.

The UW-LSU game will be played on the Saturday between the preseason finale and the regular-season opener. Assuming the Packers open the season on Sunday, Sept. 11 that year, the field would a full week to recover.

If the Packers happen to win Super Bowl L at the end of the 2015 season, they would traditionally host the 2016 Kickoff game at Lambeau Field, which has been played on a Thursday.

The Wisconsin State Journal reported that according to a contract reviewed Thursday by the UW Board of Regents, the Packers have agreed to pay UW $3 million as well as all costs for putting on the game. The Packers would then keep the revenue generated from the game.

According to the State Journal, UW will receive two complimentary 24-person suites and get a minimum of 40,000 tickets. Of those, 300 will be used for players' families, 475 for the UW Band and 7,500 for students at a discounted rate of at least 40 percent off the lowest priced general admission ticket. The rest of the tickets will be sold to the general public at regular prices.

Details regarding game time, tickets and other related information will be announced at a later date, the Packers said.

"I'm very excited about this game and I hope our fans are, too," UW athletic director Barry Alvarez said in the statement. "We have a great working relationship with the Packers and Mark Murphy and I want to thank them for all their help in getting this game scheduled. It is a tremendous opportunity to showcase our program, a great experience for our players to play in one of the most revered stadiums in the country and a terrific chance for our fans to see us play a quality opponent in the state of Wisconsin."

UserPostedImage
Offline nyrpack  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 6:06:16 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 41

great thing for most of the players, espicially for the ones who never make to the nfl !!
jimmy b.
Online sschind  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 7:38:57 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 101
Applause Received: 390

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
HS State football playoffs are played at the Metrodome in Minnesota.

I didn't read the article, but on first glance I'm not sure why Wisconsin would want to do this. It must work out financially, but I thought Camp Randall could hold about 100,000 people meaning more money for UW than if the game is at Lambeau.

What does the Metrodome have to do with NFL stadiums?

Sorry, you knew it was coming. You walked right into it.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/12/2013(UTC), wpr on 10/13/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed