Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:20:39 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,383
Applause Received: 600

Micheal Rodney

Quote:
Offense won't be able to survive long term without Cobb - even if Jones can return in a few weeks. And Myles White isn't the answer.

Losing Cobb is like losing Clay. Huge blow. I just hope there's nothing permanent, even if he's out multiple weeks. Dude's just so explosive.

Edited by moderator Monday, October 14, 2013 5:07:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Sponsor
Offline DoddPower  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:22:17 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,862
Applause Received: 432

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Micheal Rodney

Losing Cobb is like losing Clay. Huge blow. I just hope there's nothing permanent, even if he's out multiple weeks. Dude's just so explosive.

Micheal Rodney couldn't be more of a armchair GM/Coach. It amazes me he doesn't have a job in the NFL, since he seems to know so much more than the Green Bay Packers staff.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/13/2013(UTC)
Online nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:23:29 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
Micheal Rodney couldn't be more of a armchair GM/Coach. It amazes me he doesn't have a job in the NFL, since he seems to know so much more than the Green Bay Packers staff.

I honestly don't think JJ and Jordy will suffice.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DoddPower  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:24:28 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,862
Applause Received: 432

My response wasn't in direct response to your quote of his, but just his Tweets in general.

Offline Gaycandybacon  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:37:28 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Micheal Rodney

That would be a miracle
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:13:04 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

true that is why they have Finley and Lacy. They will be on the field as a group more that is all. Still have 4 solid threats. Mike will be more creative. Aaron will still do a great job looking for the one who is uncovered and getting him the ball.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline gbguy20  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:20:17 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 1m

@RapSheet reports Cobb will have MRI tomorrow and early indications are that it may not be a major injury... Let's hope his source is right.
call me Dan
nerdmann on 10/13/2013(UTC)
Online nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:24:09 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

They could always split out Finley, Quarless, Bostick and Franklin, I suppose.
Online texaspackerbacker  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:31:09 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 405
Applause Received: 233

Do we KNOW anything about the condition of Jones and Cobb? Or is this just panicky speculation at this point?

IF it's the worst case scenario - both out long term OR the second worst scenario - one of them, probably Cobb out long term, the Packers will be just fine. The team we beat today - at THEIR place was no ordinary defense (until recently a very decent offense too). With Aaron Rodgers playing way below his capability - either because of his own problems or more likely because of our lame-assed O Line, we still did all right with the game on the line.

Against a more ordinary defense - almost anybody else in the league, and with a week of practice for whoever ends up as Aaron Rodgers' targets, things will be pretty much normal - maybe better than normal if the opponent gameplans for a diminished Packer passing game.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline sschind  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:28:15 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 1m

@RapSheet reports Cobb will have MRI tomorrow and early indications are that it may not be a major injury... Let's hope his source is right.

Ian Rapoport is reporting the same thing unless he is just parroting Rodney, or Rodney is just repeating Rapoport.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:32:31 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Do we KNOW anything about the condition of Jones and Cobb? Or is this just panicky speculation at this point?

IF it's the worst case scenario - both out long term OR the second worst scenario - one of them, probably Cobb out long term, the Packers will be just fine. The team we beat today - at THEIR place was no ordinary defense (until recently a very decent offense too). With Aaron Rodgers playing way below his capability - either because of his own problems or more likely because of our lame-assed O Line, we still did all right with the game on the line.

Against a more ordinary defense - almost anybody else in the league, and with a week of practice for whoever ends up as Aaron Rodgers' targets, things will be pretty much normal - maybe better than normal if the opponent gameplans for a diminished Packer passing game.

You have an offense that is struggling to score TDs and you don't think losing their #1 threat is a big deal? I don't care what defenses we have played or will be playing, not having Cobb will hurt. I like your optimism but sometimes you have to take of the glasses and put down the Kool Aid and admit the truth. I'm not saying its something they can't overcome but lets be realistic.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Online nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:12:49 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Jay Glazer

Quote:
I said on Cobb and Jones packers don't think either is season ending but won't know 4 sure til MRIs. Cobb believed worse than Jones
Online texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:05:30 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 405
Applause Received: 233

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
You have an offense that is struggling to score TDs and you don't think losing their #1 threat is a big deal? I don't care what defenses we have played or will be playing, not having Cobb will hurt. I like your optimism but sometimes you have to take of the glasses and put down the Kool Aid and admit the truth. I'm not saying its something they can't overcome but lets be realistic.

Oh, it's definitely a major negative to if we lose Cobb, but the MUCH bigger problem is horrible pass blocking from the O Line. And you are wrong about excellent opponent defense not making a difference. I'm confident that week in and week out against most of the defenses in the league, Aaron Rodgers will kick ass pretty much regardless of who is on the receiving end - within reason hahahaha. If it was Sschind and TPB out there catching passes, even Rodgers might have a problem.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline sschind  
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:29:49 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Oh, it's definitely a major negative to if we lose Cobb, but the MUCH bigger problem is horrible pass blocking from the O Line. And you are wrong about excellent opponent defense not making a difference. I'm confident that week in and week out against most of the defenses in the league, Aaron Rodgers will kick ass pretty much regardless of who is on the receiving end - within reason hahahaha. If it was Sschind and TPB out there catching passes, even Rodgers might have a problem.

I guess saying they will be fine is not the same as saying it won't be a problem so in that respect they may be fine. Obviously better defenses will give us more problems but taking away an offensive playmaker like Cobb has a way of equalizing the offenses and defenses.

As far as you and I lining up to catch passes, the opposing team would be laughing so hard at me trying to run a route, heck trying to run period, that Rodgers and Lacy could run all day long and they wouldn't have to pass.
texaspackerbacker on 10/13/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:43:50 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Micheal Rodney

But...but...but.. I thought losing Clay was going to make the Packers better.

Rss Feed