Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mucky Tundra  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:50:23 AM(UTC)
LombardiAve said:
So the unthinkable (unless you were this writer a few weeks ago ...) has happened. We just had to finish a game with only two receivers available. James Jones went out with a sprained posterior cruciate knee ligament, and Randall Cobb is supposed to be out for up to eight weeks with a fractured

I remember a couple years ago Britt was tearing it up despite mediocre QB play from the Titans (Kerry Collins?) before an injury wiped out his season.
gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:55:13 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra said: Go to Quoted Post
I remember a couple years ago Britt was tearing it up despite mediocre QB play from the Titans (Kerry Collins?) before an injury wiped out his season.

that was last year. and his knee has given him issues all this season. terrible idea.
Mucky Tundra  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:18:37 AM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
that was last year. and his knee has given him issues all this season. terrible idea.

Apparently the injury I'm thinking of was two years ago. And now that you mention it I do remember now all his troubles last year from the injury and recovery. The only injury news I've found on him during the season so far was in weeks 4 & 5 due to a neck and rib injury.

Just looking at his performance and relation with the Titans so far this season the guy could definitely use a change of scenery. But their asking price of a 3rd rounder is insane.
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:21:27 AM(UTC)
Kenny Britt for 2014's 8th round draft choice, sure, that's what I'd be willing to dish out for him.
RaiderPride  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:28:35 AM(UTC)
Randy Moss.
Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:28:56 AM(UTC)
He has had 9.. yes nine run ins with the law since he was drafted.. he already has had a 1 game suspension for those.

If you are looking short term and can put up with his antics.. might help.. but long term.. way to much risk.

My opinion.. there are better options out there for less risk and a better chance of long term reward than him.

Don't forget.. torn both his ACL and MCL in 2011.

I don't see the attraction to Britt...
steveishere  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:50:08 AM(UTC)
Overrated as a WR and 1 legal incident away from a prolonged suspension. I wouldn't be cool with trading anything earlier than a conditional 6th round pick for him. Probably not even that just based on how he's looked this year. Whatever he had that made him a 1st round pick it doesn't look like he has it anymore. No thanks.
dhazer  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:58:30 AM(UTC)
I say a big fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it. Why give away a draft pick for a guy that might be good for what maybe 6 games?
yooperfan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:00:15 AM(UTC)
No thanks.
I'd rather Ted brings White up from the practice squad.
I'm sure there are better options than Britt.
play2win  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:03:53 AM(UTC)
Give me Myles White. We don't need a headache like Britt.

Myles White should be able to work in fine with the rest of our healthy WRs. We can also give Bostik a go. Use more 2 and 3 TE sets. We should be fine at WR till Cobb and Jones return.

If we are going to make a trade, go for a Safety. Go for Jairus Byrd. Trade for Byrd!
mi_keys  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:18:06 AM(UTC)
Quote:
So the unthinkable (unless you were this writer a few weeks ago ...) has happened. We just had to finish a game with only two receivers available.

Wasn't it Jordy that was supposed to get injuried in his prediction or am I mixing up sources?

Anyway, shit idea. Don't want Britt for all of the aforementioned reasons.
Laser Gunns  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:21:20 AM(UTC)
Britt is a turd... No
John252  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:33:19 PM(UTC)
A little biased, since I'm coming from ECU here, but what about Dwayne Harris from the Cowboys? I still think he's underrated as a WR, and is more than capable of making plays on special teams. Although I doubt the Cowboys would be too willing to give him up after their game against Washington.
Wade  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:00:05 PM(UTC)
I don't mind renting-a-head-case for one partial season. But I want a head case with fits-the-Packer-system-with-an-Andre-Rison-in-1996-level skill set.

If there is such a player out there now.

nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:37:20 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't mind renting-a-head-case for one partial season. But I want a head case with fits-the-Packer-system-with-an-Andre-Rison-in-1996-level skill set.

If there is such a player out there now.

Randy Moss, baby!
DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:37:49 PM(UTC)
I wouldn't necessarily mind a 6th round pick for him, but I know the Titans won't take that, anyway. 6th and 7th round picks have a hard time making this team anyway. One injury during training camp and they likely don't make the team, like Charles Johnson (sp?). With Britt, you get someone would could very well fill a gap as a 3rd/4th WR and if not, only cost a low pick. It's one of those things that would look like a great move if it worked out, and a bad one if it didn't. If the Packers were a lesser team, than I would say no way, but how many more 6th and 7th round picks does this team need next training camp, anyway? The Packers are pretty loaded.

With that being said, not happening though. I do like a few risks here and there though, because sometimes they pay off. Ted Thompson doesn't like them though, so fair enough.
DarkaneRules  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:53:42 PM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
Give me Myles White. We don't need a headache like Britt.

Myles White should be able to work in fine with the rest of our healthy WRs. We can also give Bostik a go. Use more 2 and 3 TE sets. We should be fine at WR till Cobb and Jones return.

If we are going to make a trade, go for a Safety. Go for Jairus Byrd. Trade for Byrd!

If we should trade for anyone it should be a safety. I like the way you think
hardrocker950  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:36:27 PM(UTC)
Unless we are losing someone in the off-season, it would be a stretch to trade for a WR. If anything - I am more concerned about the glaring safety issue. The receiver situation is a short term problem as things stand now, but the problems at safety are a different story.

Neither of these needs will probably be handled via trade, it just isn't the way Ted does business.
Rss Feed