Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:20:25 AM(UTC)
Looks like Stonehands has been promoted to the 53. I think that means we'll see Jermicheal Stonehands at WR.

see what I did there
Laser Gunns  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:22:42 AM(UTC)
Cool last name.

Don't know much else about him.
nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:39:13 AM(UTC)
RajiRoar said: Go to Quoted Post
Cool last name.

Former basketball player turned passcatching TE. Lots of potential. Very raw.

I like him.
play2win  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:51:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Looks like Stonehands will be promoted to the 53. If it happens, I think that means we'll see Jermicheal Stonehands at WR.

see what I did there

Thank you for completely cracking me up. That's funny as hell. [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:20:55 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Looks like Stonehands will be promoted to the 53. If it happens, I think that means we'll see Jermicheal Stonehands at WR.

see what I did there

No Mas! Tu no comprendes?
Dulak  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:23:14 PM(UTC)
RajiRoar said: Go to Quoted Post
Cool last name.

ya in preseason he showed a little bit - was hoping he would get his chance. I like it! especially when we need catchers ... btw what was up with rodgers and boykin not on the same page last game? rodgers always threw the ball out of reach- would of been comical if the game wasnt on the line
Gaycandybacon  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:15:29 PM(UTC)
This is prolly just for special teams, other than that I don't know why they signed him.
beast  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:31:46 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon said: Go to Quoted Post
This is prolly just for special teams, other than that I don't know why they signed him.

Also maybe because some of the other TEs ( Finley / maybe Bostick) will be helping to fill the void at WR. So if Jones is out this week, the depth chart might look something like this (Finley will be listed twice)

WR: Nelson, Boykins, Finley, Bostick
(also wouldn't mind trying to work Franklin into the slot some as well)

TE: Finley, Quarless, Taylor, Stoneburner

I didn't list Bostick at TE because they don't seem to think he can block well enough to put him on the field there.

Also in training camp, when defenses played zone against them, Stoneburner seemed to be able to fine the open spots in the zone a lot better than the other TEs, reminding me a bit of Bubba Frank / Havner. They both struggled at times against man coverage, but go to a zone coverage and they'd find the open hole in the zone. Stoneburner did some of that... and he caught the ball better than Quarless or Taylor (though he did have that one really bad fumble).
nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:34:35 PM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
Also maybe because some of the other TEs ( Finley / maybe Bostick) will be helping to fill the void at WR. So if Jones is out this week, the depth chart might look something like this (Finley will be listed twice)

WR: Nelson, Boykins, Finley, Bostick
(also wouldn't mind trying to work Franklin into the slot some as well)

TE: Finley, Quarless, Taylor, Stoneburner

I didn't list Bostick at TE because they don't seem to think he can block well enough to put him on the field there.

Also in training camp, when defenses played zone against them, Stoneburner seemed to be able to fine the open spots in the zone a lot better than the other TEs, reminding me a bit of Bubba Frank / Havner. They both struggled at times against man coverage, but go to a zone coverage and they'd find the open hole in the zone. Stoneburner did some of that... and he caught the ball better than Quarless or Taylor (though he did have that one really bad fumble).

Stoneburner's also been filling in at OLB on the scout team...
Gaycandybacon  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:47:07 PM(UTC)
Time to see what Myles White can do too. I think they signed him today as well. I wonder if White can be a slot receiver.
Wade  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:59:19 PM(UTC)
I can see a new McCarthy offensive innovation coming ...

The Packer 5-tight-end formation!

:)
play2win  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:00:24 PM(UTC)
Stoneburner had that awesome TD catch against the Rams in preseason. Dude likes catching TDs...
buckeyepackfan  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:12:20 PM(UTC)
Special teams addition for now.

Packers will be showing a lot more 2wr 2te sets until JJ and Cobb get back.

I guess the question is who lines up opposite of Finley?
beast  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:19:29 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
Packers will be showing a lot more 2wr 2te sets until JJ and Cobb get back.

I guess the question is who lines up opposite of Finley?

My guess is Quarless, he'll be the main blocking TE/FB as well as maybe Mike McCarthy will start using him as a decoy again. I LOVED how Mike McCarthy would use him as a decoy during the Super Bowl year (after figuring out he can't catch).

Basically they'd use Quarless speed (which he's fast) and tell him go straight down the field as fast as you can, which would clearly get the attention of the Safety not wanting to let a TE get deeper than him.

Then a WR on the outside would run a crossing pattern and it'd make for an eay catch and run as Quarless had cleared out the Safety.

BUT I'd been hoping they would use Bostick at WR some, as his weakness is blocking, WRs don't need to block as much as a TE does... give Bostick a chance there. Also wouldn't mind seeing what Franklin has in the slot... of course both of these need to be tested in practice and if it looks bad then no go, don't even try it in a game.
nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:29:31 PM(UTC)
Kind of surprised they haven't signed Ross back.

But I think they'll probably give Bostick a shot here and there too.

I'd love to see them make RANDY MOSS an offer though!
Gaycandybacon  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:37:25 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Kind of surprised they haven't signed Ross back.

But I think they'll probably give Bostick a shot here and there too.

I'd love to see them make RANDY MOSS an offer though!

I would rather have TO
sschind  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:38:30 PM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
Stoneburner had that awesome TD catch against the Rams in preseason. Dude likes catching TDs...

That was a great catch. Great presence of mind to extend the ball toward the goal line. If I remember correctly he was actually coming out of the endzone and had to reach the ball backwards or something like that.

It was one of those catches that I kind of hate to see in preseason because its like the guy makes a great catch but you know he is going to be cut anyway. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

play2win  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:41:26 PM(UTC)
sschind said: Go to Quoted Post
That was a great catch. Great presence of mind to extend the ball toward the goal line. If I remember correctly he was actually coming out of the endzone and had to reach the ball backwards or something like that.

It was one of those catches that I kind of hate to see in preseason because its like the guy makes a great catch but you know he is going to be cut anyway. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Well, now he's signed to the roster bro! I'm hoping he does himself and the team proud with his play. It would be cool.
Mucky Tundra  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:44:22 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
I can see a new McCarthy offensive innovation coming ...

The Packer 5-tight-end formation!

:)

In all honesty I was incredibly disappointed McCarthy never tried this in 2011 when they carried 5 TEs on the roster that season.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:19:09 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon said: Go to Quoted Post
I would rather have TO

[puke]

You should be beaten for that comment. [-x

Now go repent, and we'll forget you said it. [grin1]
Rss Feed