You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 1:57:42 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Draft Profile - link.

Darin Gantt wrote:
If you're going to get fired by a pair of teams and play for a third in the first two months of your pro career, you could do a lot worse than following the Chris Harper plan. According to Bill Williamson of ESPN.com, the rookie wide receiver was claimed off waivers by the Packers today....

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline Bigbyfan  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 2:06:02 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 71

If they were gonna make a move, I wish they did it a few days earlier to give the guy an opportunity to learn some of the playbook.
blank
Offline Yerko  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 2:07:33 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 108
Applause Received: 197

Meh...3rd team in a matter of a few months and the Seahawks and 49ers aren't exactly stacked at WR to not have the guy on the 53.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 2:48:24 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 598

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan Go to Quoted Post
If they were gonna make a move, I wish they did it a few days earlier to give the guy an opportunity to learn some of the playbook.

The guy they wanted wasn't on the waiver wire a few days earlier.
Offline Dulak  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 3:01:16 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

whats this guy like?
Offline beast  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 3:08:08 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
whats this guy like?

Large physical rookie WR with a ton to learn... for a big physical WR, he has very good straight line speed, but not the best with stop and go nor changing directions. Good at using his body to block defenders from the ball. Probably needs a good bit of work with his footwork.

Some rumors have said, he came into Seahawks camp around 240 lbs which is probably over weight unless maybe they wanted him as a TE. It was rumored the 49ers wanted to turn him into a WR/TE tweener.

America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline nyrpack  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 3:15:10 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 39

It's not like they have too many other options right now
jimmy b.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:24:07 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 332

Probably a pick up to bulk up special teams, especially this week.

Only way he sees the field on Offense is if.......hell not even going to say it.

Welcome to the team!!!

Hope he kicks ass on Special teams!!!
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:13:04 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 566
Applause Received: 1,190

I anticipate the Packers trading down their 1st round pick this season for a second, third, and fifth pick so that two receivers can be drafted. I really want to see Jones and Nelson resigned again, but we need to keep the receiver factory going.
UserPostedImage
Offline hardrocker950  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:40:53 AM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I anticipate the Packers trading down their 1st round pick this season for a second, third, and fifth pick so that two receivers can be drafted. I really want to see Jones and Nelson resigned again, but we need to keep the receiver factory going.

Nelson doesn't seem to be greedy with contracts so far, so as long as they make a reasonable offer - I would imagine he will return. Same with Jones, if he will take a reasonable contract as well. What receiver in their right mind would want to be on the field with any other quarterback?

I also agree with your call on trading picks. It is obvious thos year that we have lost a lot of depth at WR. The good news is Green Bay has done well with bringing receivers up, so it shouldn't be a long term issue - as long as we keep our main guys.
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline DakotaT  
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:14:41 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 566
Applause Received: 1,190

This is just one of the problems of maintaining a winning franchise. I have had many an argument about replacing our veteran players and replacing them with quality youth. People tend to look at their teams and identifiable players and have hurt feelings when they are replaced or released. The bottom line is that football is a business and to stay competitive, a GM needs to have ice water running through his veins to make the decisions that keeps a team young and talented. The Packers have a pretty good man in place.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 10/19/2013(UTC), Wade on 10/19/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:34:00 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Applause Given: 349
Applause Received: 210

I disagree about getting several WRs fairly high in the draft. Yeah, we might lose one or the other of Nelson and Jones, slim chance even of both, but we will still have Cobb and a much more experienced Boykin, and it's much too easy to pick up mid-level WRs. This guy Harper may or may not amount to anything, ditto that for Dorsey or White or Walker, but the point is, they aren't that hard to find. What we might do is go for a WR in the first round, but only if some real star prospect falls to us.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:59:43 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post

Ted takes a C high this year.

Although he does have a track record of drafting at positions at which contracts are upcoming. He's also shown the ability to hit on WRs in the 3rd round.

We've got 3 right now who can play. We had 5, but keep in mind, DD wasn't drafted high. Keep the door open for a guy who's gonna fight his way in from the bottom.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Wade  
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:20:31 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 587

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I disagree about getting several WRs fairly high in the draft. Yeah, we might lose one or the other of Nelson and Jones, slim chance even of both, but we will still have Cobb and a much more experienced Boykin, and it's much too easy to pick up mid-level WRs. This guy Harper may or may not amount to anything, ditto that for Dorsey or White or Walker, but the point is, they aren't that hard to find. What we might do is go for a WR in the first round, but only if some real star prospect falls to us.

OL OL OL!!!

Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse

What can I say, you used the phrase "high in the draft" and my knee jerked.

Asshole Rock On!

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.