Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CaliforniaCheez  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 10:48:18 PM(UTC)
CaliforniaCheez

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 130

worthless humanoids

can't stop laughing

A receiver is a terrible thing to waste

DVR not working

Why the viklings are a good team

Even with all the injuries , the Packers will be overwhelming favorites this week.
blank
thanks Post received 4 applause.
nerdmann on 10/22/2013(UTC), Tezzy on 10/22/2013(UTC), coltonja on 10/22/2013(UTC), beast on 10/22/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline DarkaneRules  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 11:10:05 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 275

I want the Vikings to play better. Nobody should have to watch games like that. I am not only embarrassed but angry at what I saw from the Vikings tonight. I cannot even think about joking. I was genuinely pissed off. Stole hours of my life.
Offline CaliforniaCheez  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 11:20:11 PM(UTC)
CaliforniaCheez

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
I want the Vikings to play better. Nobody should have to watch games like that. I am not only embarrassed but angry at what I saw from the Vikings tonight. I cannot even think about joking. I was genuinely pissed off. Stole hours of my life.

What part of viking did you not understand?

Did you not read the weekly prediction form The Onion?
http://www.theonion.com/article...en-picks,34266/?ref=auto

"As consistent as Eli Manning has been this year, he hasn’t run into anything like Minnesota’s defense yet."
blank
Offline wpr  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:12:01 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,749
Applause Received: 1,317

"WE" the fans don't have to worry about being overconfident. We can laugh at vikesrule, formo or any of the other miscreants all we want and it won't effect the play on the field one bit.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 10/22/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:49:07 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 388

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
"WE" the fans don't have to worry about being overconfident. We can laugh at vikesrule, formo or any of the other miscreants all we want and it won't effect the play on the field one bit.

I feel that the only player on the vikings offense or defense that really should worry anyone is obviously Adrian Peterson. I also like what our defense has done with opposing teams run game. AP may get 100 yards but I think it will take 25 carries for him to do it and I don't think the score will allow for him to get 25 carries. Although divisional games are always somewhat unpredictable I think the Packers come away from this one with a rather easy victory. I'll say 38-17 Packers.

Rodgers 27-35 for 356 and 3 TDs
Nelson 8-124 and 2 tds
Quarless 1 TD
Lacy 22- 107 and a TD
1 defensive pick six by either Hyde or shields
6 sacks by the Packers D
3 picks total and 2 fumble recoveries.
a 56 yard punt return by Hyde (no TD though)
Franklin gets 5 touches.
Hawk gets a pick and 2 sacks
Crosby nails a 49 yarder but misses a 43 yarder.
Freeman wishes he would have stayed in Tampa.
Greg Jennings secretly changes sides at halftime and hopes no one will notice.
The vikings start packing the moving vans only to find out midway through the 3rd quarter that Zygi has not sold the team to a hollywood investment conglomerate headed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Whoopie Goldberg and Seth Rogan. They were all set to sign the papers when Whoopie convinced them they might be better off buying a pack of Wrigley's doublemint gum. Rogan still wanted the vikings but Schwarzenegger finally convinced him that the gum was a better value because it was in fact a bonus pack that had 3 extra sticks and that was an extra stick each. Rogan's hesitation to take the gum was due to the fact that though he knew it was a bonus pack he initially thought it only had 2 extra sticks and he was afraid that he wouldn't get one of the extra ones. Once he found out he would get an extra stick he was all in.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
coltonja on 10/22/2013(UTC)
Offline Tezzy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:22:06 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 65

Packers ain't got no time for the Viqueens
On top of every beard grows a man.
beast on 10/22/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:41:25 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:50:05 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 3 applause.
Tezzy on 10/22/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 10/22/2013(UTC), coltonja on 10/22/2013(UTC)
Offline CaliforniaCheez  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:59:41 PM(UTC)
CaliforniaCheez

I used to think it could not get any better for the Packers than when the viklings had the Brad Childress and Tarvaris Jackson fiasco following the Fran Foley hire and the Reggie Fowler inability to buy the team.

However, the Frasier, Ponder, Joe Webb, and the revolving substitutes at QB has surpassed the Childress QB rotation and the Tice idiocy.
blank
DakotaT on 10/22/2013(UTC)
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:04:33 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 300
Applause Received: 366

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
beast on 10/22/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:16:55 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 211

McCarthy had the team in on "Victory Monday" because they were going to the Metro and a lot of the young guys have not yet experienced the noise factor of that environment.

So Mike has more prep time planned than normal.

So I would say Mike McCarthy for sure is not taking the game lightly and because they will be ready I would say the crowd factor will only play into this for about a quarter.

"The train is leaving the station."
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:26:59 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

I am one not to getoverconfident about any game.

The past shows anything, "on any given Sunday"

there was a question about The Browns game being a "trap" game, I'll give the same answer here.

With 14 rookies playing vital parts there is no room for overconfidence.

This will be the 1st time some of these guys will be playing as a starter, on the road, division game, it's gonna be up to the veteran guys to make them understand it will be different, no matter what the Vikings record is, their level of play will be high, at least at the beginning of the game.

Strike fast, and often, take the crowd out of the game, and the team will soon follow.

The Browns hung tough last week, even though it was apparent Weeden was not going to get the job done, but look what almost happened when, imho, the Packers special teams relaxed for just one play.

Hopefully the young guys learned from last weeks experience, and they can put together an even better team victory.
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline sschind  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:35:08 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 388

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I am one not to getoverconfident about any game.

The past shows anything, "on any given Sunday"

there was a question about The Browns game being a "trap" game, I'll give the same answer here.

With 14 rookies playing vital parts there is no room for overconfidence.

This will be the 1st time some of these guys will be playing as a starter, on the road, division game, it's gonna be up to the veteran guys to make them understand it will be different, no matter what the Vikings record is, their level of play will be high, at least at the beginning of the game.

Strike fast, and often, take the crowd out of the game, and the team will soon follow.

The Browns hung tough last week, even though it was apparent Weeden was not going to get the job done, but look what almost happened when, imho, the Packers special teams relaxed for just one play.

Hopefully the young guys learned from last weeks experience, and they can put together an even better team victory.

You will get no argument from me on any of your points. I am a big believer in the "any given Sunday" theory but there is a caveat to it. On any given Sunday any team CAN win but on any given Sunday far fewer teams actually have the realistic possibility to win. I think the vikings fall into the former. They CAN win but realistically... they don't have much of a chance. Last week, I thought the Browns realistically had a chance to win.

Still, even though a lot of them are blowouts, divisional games always seem to provide the underdog with a little extra incentive. The biggest difference I see between this week and last week however is that the Browns actually have a decent defense which allowed them to stay in it even after going down by 14. I don't see the same thing happening to the vikings if the game starts the same way.

Special teams will be crucial if the vikings want to keep it close and I think with Patterson they have a guy that can make some plays.

Like you said, this is a far too inexperienced Packers team to get overconfident but I think they know that. Someone said it in another post in another thread and I agree that this team really seems to understand the team concept more so than in the past. We don't have a dominating aspect right now on offense or defense so no one can get the feeling that he can sit back and coast because someone else will pick up the slack. The wins seem more like team wins because we are relying on everyone and for the most part everyone is stepping up.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:00:19 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,303
Applause Received: 577

Only chance the Queens have is if Apete blows up.

That ain't happening against this D.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline hardrocker950  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:34:10 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 63
Applause Received: 58

Although the Browns game is a small sample - they aren't exactly a terrible team and the Pack beat them on both sides of the ball convincingly.

If they execute like they did last week (and I think they will) it will be a very long game for Minnesota. This is a great opportunity to prove that they mean business. Pass rush will give them turnover opportunites as Freeman is prone to throwing risky balls when under fire (Bucs fans can confirm this.)

Prediction
Packers win 34-10
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed