Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:44:31 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

JSOnline Blog wrote:
Green Bay --- Not many fourth-round picks are cut. But that's exactly what happened to Chris Harper in Seattle. Claimed by San Francisco, he didn't last, either.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:33:08 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 632
Applause Received: 290

He doesn't like running precise routes, wants to do things his way.
Doesn't sound like he will be in Green Bay long.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/25/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 4:34:06 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post

Two words: Edgar Bennett.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
play2win on 10/25/2013(UTC)
Offline nyrpack  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 7:25:41 AM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 62

lets hope he can help out !!
jimmy b.
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 7:43:28 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,142
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post

That and he doesn't want to block either. He just wants to run routes ie: catch passes and have a everyone block for him.

If he has learned his lesson and will buckle down and do everything that is required of him the way they require it I am all for him being on the team. If he like so many WR think the NFL revolves around them he can stay on the PS until someone else picks him up.

UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline DarkaneRules  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 7:47:56 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Well he wasn't the guy we wanted but the Broncos played keep away.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 7:56:45 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Well he wasn't the guy we wanted but the Broncos played keep away.

He wasn't available at the time the Packers tried signing Tr...whatever King.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 9:46:27 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 318

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
That and he doesn't want to block either. He just wants to run routes ie: catch passes and have a everyone block for him.

If he has learned his lesson and will buckle down and do everything that is required of him the way they require it I am all for him being on the team. If he like so many WR think the NFL revolves around them he can stay on the PS until someone else picks him up.

I took his words differently than you seem to have taken them.

The 49ers were trying to make him into a TE/FB role like they had with TE/FB Delanie Walker. Walker at times was primary a blocker in a FB/H-back role. I think he blocked a ton and got to go out for routes some but was a lot more blocking than pass routes.

Harper didn't want to become a primary blocker, he wanted to be a primary receiver. That doesn't mean he's not a willing blocker, just means he doesn't want it to be his primary role in the offense.

At Kansas State they had a running offense ( 526 runs to 315 passes ) and Harper seemed to be a willing blocker. So long story short, he wants to be a WR and not a FB/TE type. I'm pretty sure that's true for all WRs.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 3 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 10/25/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 10/25/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 10/25/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 10:29:27 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

He's going to need a bit of attitude change if he wants to stick here. I believe all of the Packers WR learn the positions of the other WRs and the routes they all run. Also Rodgers makes route adjustments and play changes at the line. If he goes out there he's not just going to get 3 routes on the outside and get after it. He's got to be willing to learn to run every route in the tree with precision from all positions on the field. I don't blame him for wanting to just be a WR though instead of a TE/FB/WR, that's not a move you try and make a player do unless they are good with it.
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 11:07:21 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,142
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
He's going to need a bit of attitude change if he wants to stick here. I believe all of the Packers WR learn the positions of the other WRs and the routes they all run. Also Rodgers makes route adjustments and play changes at the line. If he goes out there he's not just going to get 3 routes on the outside and get after it. He's got to be willing to learn to run every route in the tree with precision from all positions on the field. I don't blame him for wanting to just be a WR though instead of a TE/FB/WR, that's not a move you try and make a player do unless they are good with it.

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I took his words differently than you seem to have taken them.

The 49ers were trying to make him into a TE/FB role like they had with TE/FB Delanie Walker. Walker at times was primary a blocker in a FB/H-back role. I think he blocked a ton and got to go out for routes some but was a lot more blocking than pass routes.

Harper didn't want to become a primary blocker, he wanted to be a primary receiver. That doesn't mean he's not a willing blocker, just means he doesn't want it to be his primary role in the offense.

At Kansas State they had a running offense ( 526 runs to 315 passes ) and Harper seemed to be a willing blocker. So long story short, he wants to be a WR and not a FB/TE type. I'm pretty sure that's true for all WRs.

I know what you both are saying. Maybe I better be a little more clear in what I am trying to say. A rookie should be willing to do whatever the coach is asking him to do. Play ST. Be the waterboy. Be the HB or combo TE or whatever it takes. Just make the frikin team and then try to get more time at WR. The more positions you play the more they need you.

I am not saying he didn't try to do it and still got fired but the quote we are looking at makes it sound like he was a whole let less than enthusiastic about all of it. If so it showed up in his performance and the coaches cut him loose. That said it is GB's gain. They don;t need him to be the TE or FB. But at his size I can see him putting a block on a CB or S and springing one of his fellow WR for a big gain. That will be exciting to see.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
DoddPower on 10/25/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed