Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 11:13:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,914
Applause Received: 2,118

ProFootballFocus wrote:
You don’t get much more drama in a football game than the last time the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings met in the Metrodome. In a season finale for the ages, Adrian Peterson fell just 8 yards short of Erik Dickerson’s single-season rushing record, but still earned a hefty consolation prize by clinching the MVP award and locking up the NFC’s final wild card berth for Minnesota. The Packers didn’t have to wait long to exact revenge, whipping the Vikings on Lambeau Field a week later to dismiss them from the postseason.

However, each season is a new novel, and this one has been a horror story for Minnesota. A merry-go-round of quarterbacks has them at 1-5 and staring straight at a full-scale rebuilding project. Meanwhile, the Packers are looking for their third straight win to further establish themselves as the frontrunners in the NFC North. Will this game be as lopsided as it appears at first glance? Or will the Vikings manage to hand the Packers a disastrous division setback? Let’s dive into the game’s critical matchups.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline beast  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 11:49:31 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 219
Applause Received: 295

article wrote:
Ted Thompson stayed the course... and handed the starting job to... rookie David Bakhtiari. So far the decision hasn’t paid off

Ummm really?... I thought he's been doing pretty well overall.

Bakhtiari is playing in front of Newhouse who has been the starting LT the last couple of years, which means somebody in charge think he's an upgrade (or that Newhouse got a lot worse).

Also I've heard the Packers have been running more to the left side then the right side, though I don't have numbers to comfirm or defirm that.

I'm sure Allen will get a couple of chances, but then again doesn't he always? Unless he's going against a great OT or there is a good game plan to stop him.

Though since the Vikings have let Ray Edward go (which was probably smart, because I think he got big contract else where), the Vikings DEs have been pass rush guys, which I've thought the Packers should be able to run on.

But they haven't been able to it seems... well with the Packers strong running game this year, maybe this year will be different.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline yooperfan  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 12:56:01 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 580
Applause Received: 265

The Pack will win this one but I believe it will be closer than alot of people think.
Offline DoddPower  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 1:09:55 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
The Pack will win this one but I believe it will be closer than alot of people think.

Of course it will. The Packers are so banged up. If the Packers were a little more healthy, I don't think it would be close at all.

I do think that it was wise to get Ponder back as the starting QB though. He's not very good, but he's the best they have, imo.