Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline macbob  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:56:36 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 264
Applause Received: 227

LombardiAve wrote:
Aaron Rodgers isn't the type of man to beat around the bush when asked questions. In fact, he's a truth-teller. When he was asked immediately after the Sunday night's win over the Minnesota Vikings whether he could expound a bit on what his former teammate and now Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Greg Jennings

Wow.

AR wrote:
Michael Wilbon: “It seems to me 99.9 percent of the time you let these [post-game hugs] roll right off your back and they mean nothing. Did this one mean anything at the time?

Rodgers: “This one would probably fit in the 99.9% that you’re talking about. Every now and then one comes along that might mean a little something to you. Not this one.”
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:10:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,868
Applause Received: 2,044

Got full video?
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:13:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 1,314

Taking the high road when someone crosses you isn't always necessary. Sometimes being a prick is justified. Fock Greg Jennings.

BTW, I have a home and away Jennings jersey for sale - real cheap.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/29/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:00:20 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

ice man
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:33:02 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 158
Applause Received: 110

Good one Aaron Rodgers

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
DakotaT on 10/29/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:55:57 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 412

So Greg Jennings says some things about Aaron Rodgers and he is a prick.. Now Aaron Disses him back and he is a hero. Just another example of the kind of attitude that I find so hypocritical in sports fans. The bad guys can do no right and the good guys can do no wrong.

Apparently the "just between two men" didn't apply once Rodgers had some time to think about his comments and be able to word them in such a way that people would take his side. Not that the majority would not have taken his side regardless of what he said.

I know I am in the minority on this but Rodgers' comments about the hug and the conversation didn't do anything to increase my opinion of him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I have a low opinion of him or anything like that but I know don't think of him as highly as a lot of people do. I've said it before, he is not my favorite person on the Packers team.

Taking the high road when people worship you is apparently not as important as when you are on the outs with them.

I wonder what Jennings had to say about it.

To dakota, If I collected jerseys I'd take you up on your offer in a heartbeat. I might have even traded you a Rodgers one for them.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:06:11 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post

To dakota, If I collected jerseys I'd take you up on your offer in a heartbeat. I might have even traded you a Rodgers one for them.

Well, I just got a Cobb and Nelson - so Greg's jerseys are going to the back of the closet with Favre, White, Levens, Woodson. Yeah, I'm a dumbass. Face. Palm.
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigbyfan  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:36:44 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 71

Quote:
Michael Wilbon: “It seems to me 99.9 percent of the time you let these [post-game hugs] roll right off your back and they mean nothing. Did this one mean anything at the time?

Rodgers: “This one would probably fit in the 99.9% that you’re talking about. Every now and then one comes along that might mean a little something to you. Not this one.”

I watched the interview and I believe this "writer" totally got this wrong. Wilbon was asking about how Rodgers lets people's COMMENTS roll off his back, not hugs. Honestly, what does it even mean to let a post-game hug roll off your back?

This "writer's" assumption is just another example of how incompetent that website is, IMO. It's safe to say LombardiAve is not somewhere I go for any info on the Packers.
blank
Offline rabidgopher04  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:54:17 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 110
Applause Received: 126

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Well, I just got a Cobb and Nelson - so Greg's jerseys are going to the back of the closet with Favre, White, Levens, Woodson. Yeah, I'm a dumbass. Face. Palm.

Nike thanks you.
Do you like bacon?
Offline DoddPower  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:44:36 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,862
Applause Received: 430

So Greg Jennings says some things about Aaron Rodgers and he is a prick.. Now Aaron Disses him back and he is a hero. Just another example of the kind of attitude that I find so hypocritical in sports fans. The bad guys can do no right and the good guys can do no wrong.

Apparently the "just between two men" didn't apply once Rodgers had some time to think about his comments and be able to word them in such a way that people would take his side. Not that the majority would not have taken his side regardless of what he said.

I know I am in the minority on this but Rodgers' comments about the hug and the conversation didn't do anything to increase my opinion of him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I have a low opinion of him or anything like that but I know don't think of him as highly as a lot of people do. I've said it before, he is not my favorite person on the Packers team.

Taking the high road when people worship you is apparently not as important as when you are on the outs with them.

Honestly, who the hell cares about this? This is fodder material that's only worth reading if one has time to kill. I could care less about what Jennings or Rodgers said, in this case. All I care about is Rodgers winning games for the Packers. I don't even know the guy, and he doesn't even know I exist, so I'm not about to get wrapped up in his personal situations. Save this crap for the tabloid readers. I prefer things to be kept private, but I'm not a famous celebrity, so what do I know. Something like this certainly isn't going to change my opinion. I understand both players positions. They don't have to like each other, at all, and we as fans shouldn't really care one way or another.

Moving on to more important things.

Offline steveishere  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:57:05 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 866

How the heck did Aaron diss anyone? Maybe you should actually watch the video or something.
http://espn.go.com/blog/...ti-jennings-hug-was-long
Talk about fans being quick to call a player a "prick" then jump all over Rodgers over a laughing joking lighthearted interview. Bad guys can do no right I guess...
DoddPower on 10/30/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:31:31 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post

Not a dumbass at all, I don't think I ever called you that. A lot of people stop wearing players Jerseys when they are no longer part of the team. I don't own a jersey, I never have and unless I get one as a gift I probably never will but I can't say I would act any differently.

The thing is, I am not a fan of particular players per se. I am a fan of the Packers. I own dozens of Packers t shirts and sweatshirts but nothing with a players name or number on it. That is why I have no interest in jerseys. If I did it would be from a purely collectible standpoint (I collect all kinds of Packers memorabilia) I don't get rid of all my specific player stuff (cards pennants etc) when the player moves on I just don't get anything with them on their new team. i will still obtain items with them shown in their Packer uniforms however.

That is why I said if I collected jerseys I might take you up on it. I don't have a Jennings home or away jersey and they are still Packers items so if I did collect them I would be interested (I don't so I am not but if I did I would.)
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:01:21 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
How the heck did Aaron diss anyone? Maybe you should actually watch the video or something.
http://espn.go.com/blog/...ti-jennings-hug-was-long
Talk about fans being quick to call a player a "prick" then jump all over Rodgers over a laughing joking lighthearted interview. Bad guys can do no right I guess...

My comment about the diss were in response to the original article from Lombardi ave that was linked to where Raymond Rivard says "whoa, Burn" Rivard is saying Rodgers burned, or dissed Jennings with his comment and that is was I was talking about.

I did watch the video. I watched it before and I watched it again and I still don't know what I am supposed to get out of it. I never said Rodgers dissed him on the field. It was Rivard the suggested he dissed him afterwards in his response to the "pardon the interruption" interview

All I was suggesting was that Rodgers should have left his comments at "it was between us"

To doddpower. You read my post in a thread about Rodgers and Jennings and you took the time to respond. You read Steveishere' post and took the time to applaud. I am assuming you took the time to watch the video and read the accompanying articles. That doesn't strike me as someone who could care less. Seems to me like you care a quite a bit. Of course I just wasted my time writing this because since you could care less about this stuff I'm sure you are not reading it and I am even more sure you will not respond what with you caring less and all.
Offline DoddPower  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:12:30 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,862
Applause Received: 430

To doddpower. You read my post in a thread about Rodgers and Jennings and you took the time to respond. You read Steveishere' post and took the time to applaud. I am assuming you took the time to watch the video and read the accompanying articles. That doesn't strike me as someone who could care less. Seems to me like you care a quite a bit. Of course I just wasted my time writing this because since you could care less about this stuff I'm sure you are not reading it and I am even more sure you will not respond what with you caring less and all.

I read threads on this site, and some articles. However, I didn't watch whatever video you're talking about, or read any articles about this issue, because it's silly to me, and doesn't affect the Packers performance on the field, so I just don't care. I cared a little bit at first, but now it's just gone tabloid, and that annoys me. I'd rather read some analysis articles or something actually related to football, not off the field drama.

Offline DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:57:14 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

I laughed when Jennings signed his contract with the Sperm heads, and I'm still laughing. It is one thing to be a productive receiver having pin point passes hit you between the numbers. Quite another when your quarterback can't even find you wide open running across the middle of the field. Cobb was already better than Jennings and will develop into a great player.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed