Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IronMan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 10:05:18 AM(UTC)
What would you guys do, if your teammate acted like a douche on the sideline? Would you do what the Cowboys coaches and players are doing? Spew a bunch of "It was positive. We support Dez" bullshit?

Or would you call it like it is and say "It was unprofesional and unacceptable"

Most people would say that would make you a bad teammate. Most people woud be wrong.

I don't defend my friends or family when they are wrong. My dad told me once, "If you ever get in trouble, and its your fault, don't call me."

User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 10:11:05 AM(UTC)
I wouldn't sign a player like him in the first place, but I would have fined him for conduct detrimental to the team and suspended him a couple games and more importantly game checks.
wpr  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 11:13:10 AM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't sign a player like him in the first place, but I would have fined him for conduct detrimental to the team and suspended him a couple games and more importantly game checks.

Right. I was glad GB had enough players at WR that they didn't need to pick him up. Better off without bringing a cancer into the team although with all the injuries to Bulaga maybe they should have taken Devin McCourty instead.
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 11:19:23 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Right. I was glad GB had enough players at WR that they didn't need to pick him up. Better off without bringing a cancer into the team although with all the injuries to Bulaga maybe they should have taken Devin McCourty instead.

Bulaga was the correct choice, even though Dhazer was crying like a pussy. Green Bay will never draft the Michael Irvin/Terrell Owens type of players, which is exactly what Dez Bryant is.
wpr  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 11:51:09 AM(UTC)
Bulaga was the correct choice, even though Dhazer was crying like a pussy. Green Bay will never draft the Michael Irvin/Terrell Owens type of players, which is exactly what Dez Bryant is.

I agree he was the right choice. I just meant McCourty has been a pro bowl player and not Bulaga.
dhazer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 12:49:44 PM(UTC)

So you would rather pay a guy thats been injured compared someone that puts up numbers?
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 1:15:49 PM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
So you would rather pay a guy thats been injured compared someone that puts up numbers?

Dissention is a lot more costly then an injured player's contract. There's a lot more to sports than pure talent.
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 8:11:07 PM(UTC)
Dissention is a lot more costly then an injured player's contract. There's a lot more to sports than pure talent.

Where do you see "dissension" (correct spelling)? Bryant's whole team supports him and denies the crap asserted against him by media idiots.

And there aren't many in sports with the pure talent - and team spiriit and desire to win (according to Troy Aikman anyway) like Dez Bryant has.

nyrpack  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 4:22:08 PM(UTC)
dez = cancer in the lockeroom !!
Reignman  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 5:41:02 AM(UTC)
It's all good, the Vikings helped another team with their dysfunction. We fixed Cleveland, Carolina, the Giants, and now Dallas. Even Romo tried to choke away another 4th quarter, but couldn't because he was playing the Vikings. Romo got his first last minute win since 2007. Dez Bryant is happy again. If your team is struggling just schedule the Vikings.
DoddPower  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:10:31 PM(UTC)
I would love to have Dez Bryant on the Packers. He has the fire and passion that the Packers have mostly lacked for years now. I really don't mind a few outburst so long as the player is producing at an elite level, which Dez does the majority of the time. I really don't think anything he has done this season has been that bad. It's a results driven business, and Dez produces. It's not enough just to be an average player that keeps their mouth shut most of the time. Truly elite talent and production usually wins. Rodgers to Dez Bryant would be very fun to watch.

I'm not disappointed that he's not a Packer, but I can understand why many teams would love to have him.
Wade  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:56:54 PM(UTC)
I keep thinking of Andre Rison.

On the one hand he was very important in a Super Bowl run.

On the other, he was a short term rental.

Bryant has issues, big time. (Jason Whitlock wrote a good column about them somewhere.) Those aren't going to go away.

But he doesn't strike me as a TO (who I wouldn't want under any conditions), or even a Randy Moss (who I once argued pretty strenuously for and grumbled about TT's not being willing to give up enough). So, yes, I'd go after him if he were available.

He's not going to be available, though. No way JJones lets him go.
Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:44:23 PM(UTC)
Rss Feed