Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:35:59 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,709
Applause Received: 664

I've often said that if Aaron went down, it would force this team to adhere to fundamentals.

This team is known for not showing up for a full 60 and continuously going into lulls. They don't seem to show up until "adversity" hits and their backs are against the wall.

I've always said this was a case in point, of what I am talking about. Look what happened in '10. The Packers were on the verge of elimination, they had to win 5 games in a row just to qualify for the playoffs, then they had to win all the way through.

And they did it.

We've been at that point this season too, forced to ADHERE TO FUNDAMENTALS in order to play consistently and win games. Well, fundamentals are the key to winning.

It's put up or shut up time. They WON'T be stat whoring from here on out. Let's see what this team can do.

Anybody with me? I think we can be successful.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:01:53 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I've often said that if Aaron went down, it would force this team to adhere to fundamentals.

This team is known for not showing up for a full 60 and continuously going into lulls. They don't seem to show up until "adversity" hits and their backs are against the wall.

I've always said this was a case in point, of what I am talking about. Look what happened in '10. The Packers were on the verge of elimination, they had to win 5 games in a row just to qualify for the playoffs, then they had to win all the way through.

And they did it.

We've been at that point this season too, forced to ADHERE TO FUNDAMENTALS in order to play consistently and win games. Well, fundamentals are the key to winning.

It's put up or shut up time. They WON'T be stat whoring from here on out. Let's see what this team can do.

I am. This team is going to rock this NFL season to another Lombardi Trophy. I know it. It is a better, deeper team than the one in 2010, as long as Aaron Rodgers makes a successful, healthy return from the clavicle injury. I believe he will, and I believe in our system. This team will respond to this incredible adversity to win it all.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/5/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:05:40 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I am. This team is going to rock this NFL season to another Lombardi Trophy. I know it. It is a better, deeper team than the one in 2010, as long as Aaron Rodgers makes a successful, healthy return from the clavicle injury. I believe he will, and I believe in our system. This team will respond to this incredible adversity to win it all.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
play2win on 11/5/2013(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:08:33 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 11/5/2013(UTC)
Offline mi_keys  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:33:21 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 226
Applause Received: 359

You're already wrong: the 2010 Packers only won 2 games consecutively at the end of the regular season to make the playoffs, not 5.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline coltonja  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:39:28 PM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 61
Applause Received: 32

I have seen a lot of today that this is similar to 2010. Injuries- I agree. Depth and talent nowhere close, IMO. So many areas we were stronger in 2010. In fact' I only think we are better at running the football. Don't forget that year we had Collins, Woodson, Jenkins, Jennings, Driver- veterans and performers, among others, that kept our team together in times of adversity. Albeit, some of the previous listed were declining but the 10 team still held more depth and talent,
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:42:08 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: coltonja Go to Quoted Post
I have seen a lot of today that this is similar to 2010. Injuries- I agree. Depth and talent nowhere close, IMO. So many areas we were stronger in 2010. In fact' I only think we are better at running the football. Don't forget that year we had Collins, Woodson, Jenkins, Jennings, Driver- veterans and performers, among others, that kept our team together in times of adversity. Albeit, some of the previous listed were declining but the 10 team still held more depth and talent,

Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Datone Jones, Casey Hayward, Morgan Burnett, Eddie Lacy, Johnathan Franklin. Davon friggin House.

We got guys.
Offline RaiderPride  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:49:05 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 120
Applause Received: 212

And they did it.

Who wrote this? I demand an internal investigation!

It could not be negative Nerdman the most negative nelly on the planet earth?

Or.... Maybe he did... Perhaps he stole someone's anti depression meds?

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 11/7/2013(UTC), Zero2Cool on 11/7/2013(UTC), hardrocker950 on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 5:03:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
Who wrote this? I demand an internal investigation!

It could not be negative Nerdman the most negative nelly on the planet earth?

Or.... Maybe he did... Perhaps he stole someone's anti depression meds?

You with me RP?
Offline coltonja  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 5:04:49 PM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 61
Applause Received: 32

Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Datone Jones, Casey Hayward, Morgan Burnett, Eddie Lacy, Johnathan Franklin. Davon friggin House.

We got guys.

Haha this is exactly what I'm talking about matthews is a wash he was on 10, perry hasn't shown much but is on the way up. Same with neal, datone jones< Jenkins 2010 by a mile, Heyward has been hurt all year and < tramon 2010 our top cb then. Burnett is good but nowhere near Collins. Rbs are much better this year and Davon House had looked more like a stud than a dud.
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Offline DoddPower  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:22:37 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,093
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: coltonja Go to Quoted Post
Haha this is exactly what I'm talking about matthews is a wash he was on 10, perry hasn't shown much but is on the way up. Same with neal, datone jones< Jenkins 2010 by a mile, Heyward has been hurt all year and < tramon 2010 our top cb then. Burnett is good but nowhere near Collins. Rbs are much better this year and Davon House had looked more like a stud than a dud.

Regardless, this team doesn't have to be "as good" as the 2010 team to win the Super Bowl again. They just have to be one point better than everyone else they play in the playoffs, if they make it.

When Rodgers is healthy and this running game, the Packers have a chance to be one point better than any team in the NFL, and a realistic chance at that.

Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:00:35 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

GB has zero chance without Aaron. He is the difference between 2010 ad this team.
The only chance they have is if Wallace doesn't screw up too much before Aaron comes back. I will make that 10%.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Online Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:18:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
GB has zero chance without Aaron. He is the difference between 2010 ad this team.
The only chance they have is if Wallace doesn't screw up too much before Aaron comes back. I will make that 10%.

Thought the difference was Cullen Jenkins?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:21:38 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Thought the difference was Cullen Jenkins?

then you thought wrong.
UserPostedImage

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:42:07 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

And they did it.

You're such a fricken hypocrit.

You were the fisrt and most vocal of anyone as you threw player after player under the bus in Live chat during Monday's game.
Then you come up with your favorite "stat-whoring" comment, which has been proven wrong time and time again, yet you fail to see the ignorance in the statement.

Now it seems you have come up with a new "nerdman favorite" Fundamentals, as if The Packers have been playing out of control, not adhering to basics that they have learned from day 1.

Come Sunday if plays don't go exactly as you think they should, you will once again be the 1st to throw players under the bus, and start whining how this should be done and that should be done.

Now you want everyone to "be with you" like you are the only one who has any confidence in The Packers as a team to grind through this latest setback?

You like over/unders...here's a few for you.

How many time will you claim a packer has failed"?

How many time will you claim a Packer has "shit shemsives"?

How many time will "bad fundamentals" be the reason a player was beaten or the other team makes a successful play?

Heres my favorite...How many times will you be absolutley wrong when you give your nerdman play by play instant analysis with only a tv view of the game?
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:45:05 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Common buckeye tell us what you really think.
UserPostedImage

Offline warhawk  
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:52:27 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

Well, all I can say is I hope the team is more united and has more resolve than this group here. That's for sure.

If not they are certainly screwed.

I expect Wallace to be better Sunday. The Bears smelled blood knowing the backup has had few reps and they were getting after him. This week will probably be the same but Seneca will be more prepared.

The D needs to pick it up. This is where the fundamentals and assignment sure part really kicks in. That and they need Mathews and Perry out there. They have to get pressure. I saw where Perry and Mathews practiced on a limited basis yesterday.
I don't want to hear about the "medical staff" and their crap or McCarthy say "we're being smart". Playing with a bad heel is not career threatening. Pad it, give him a shot, and get out there. The club can protect Mathews.

We need these guys. I don't want to see a QB "almost" go down and then throw a miracle TD. We can't have a Matt Forte slip through the line and see them 20 yards from anybody because somebody got suckered out of position. The "A" team needs to be on the field.

Now.

"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 4 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/7/2013(UTC), coltonja on 11/7/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 11/7/2013(UTC), Cheesey on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:17:57 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 261

They WON'T be stat whoring from here on out. Let's see what this team can do.

Other than that...yes, I am with you. Don't confuse stat whoring and being one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:30:53 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
Well, all I can say is I hope the team is more united and has more resolve than this group here. That's for sure.

If not they are certainly screwed.

I expect Wallace to be better Sunday. The Bears smelled blood knowing the backup has had few reps and they were getting after him. This week will probably be the same but Seneca will be more prepared.

The D needs to pick it up. This is where the fundamentals and assignment sure part really kicks in. That and they need Mathews and Perry out there. They have to get pressure. I saw where Perry and Mathews practiced on a limited basis yesterday.
I don't want to hear about the "medical staff" and their crap or McCarthy say "we're being smart". Playing with a bad heel is not career threatening. Pad it, give him a shot, and get out there. The club can protect Mathews.

We need these guys. I don't want to see a QB "almost" go down and then throw a miracle TD. We can't have a Matt Forte slip through the line and see them 20 yards from anybody because somebody got suckered out of position. The "A" team needs to be on the field.

Now.

Uh No. The Bears were so stupid that they played the same kind of D - those two safeties 20 or so yards deep - against Wallace that they did against Rodgers for most of the game. When their dumbass D coordinator finally got the message, our running game was shut down.

I hate to say it, but for the first time since before the Favre Era, I will be EXPECTING the Packers to lose - I hope I'm wrong, but if McCarthy stubbornly sticks with that lemon, Wallace, it is just about assured that we will lose. The Eagles will play cautious enough that our D can't win it for us. Knowing Wallace is worthless, they will stack the box and shut down Lacy and Starks. Sorry, but barring a miracle return by Aaron Rodgers or McCarthy going to Tolzien, I just don't see the Packers having a chance.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline warhawk  
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:49:17 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Uh No. The Bears were so stupid that they played the same kind of D - those two safeties 20 or so yards deep - against Wallace that they did against Rodgers for most of the game. When their dumbass D coordinator finally got the message, our running game was shut down.

I hate to say it, but for the first time since before the Favre Era, I will be EXPECTING the Packers to lose - I hope I'm wrong, but if McCarthy stubbornly sticks with that lemon, Wallace, it is just about assured that we will lose. The Eagles will play cautious enough that our D can't win it for us. Knowing Wallace is worthless, they will stack the box and shut down Lacy and Starks. Sorry, but barring a miracle return by Aaron Rodgers or McCarthy going to Tolzien, I just don't see the Packers having a chance.

Not so sure about that. Philly has the worst Pass D in the league. I'm not going to rate Wallace as so pathetic with more time to prepare that he couldn't hurt the Eagles if they did as you suggest.
ALL teams will try to slow the run game down. It's a lot harder to do when you can't defend the pass. With no prep time McCarthy wasn't about to go downfield with the ball but you can bet he will pull the trigger against this D if they are up in the box as you say.

"The train is leaving the station."
Offline sschind  
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:54:45 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post

How many time will you claim a Packer has "sh!t shemsives"?

How many time will "bad fundamentals" be the reason a player was beaten or the other team makes a successful play?

Take the over no matter what it is.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:04:53 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post

And if we do lose you will be on here saying I've informed you thusly and if we win you will have some excuse to why it was in spite of Wallace. Wallace will have to have a Matt Flynn vs the Lions type day for you to even consider giving him his due.

I will stop short of saying that you are probably hoping he does poorly because I know you are a Packer fan and I would hope that their success takes precedent over your need to be right on an anonymous internet website but I know you are warming up your I told you sos just in case.

The great thing about being so adamant on the internet is that there is absolutely no way to be held accountable. You (not you specifically but everyone in general) can rant and rave and make all the proclamations you want and if you are wrong, who cares, maybe you admit it maybe you don't but it doesn't stop you from making more.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
buckeyepackfan on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:26:03 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 399
Applause Received: 1,078

Here is a big part of why we can and will sustain...
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:35:43 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
Other than that...yes, I am with you. Don't confuse stat whoring and being one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league.

Yeah, it's a ridiculous drum he's been banging for ages.

What does he have to do to not be stat-whoring? Throw it into triple coverage a bit more?

On topic, I don't know if the team will suddenly stand up and do a lot better than they used to. It's one of those things that barely ever happens, yet, seems to quite often, since it gets blown out of proportion. We'll just be decent and that's it.

Let's just see if we can keep around .500 'till Rodgers returns. Seems pretty doable to me with our upcoming schedule.
UserPostedImage
Offline RaiderPride  
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:43:28 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 120
Applause Received: 212

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
You're such a fricken hypocrit.

You were the fisrt and most vocal of anyone as you threw player after player under the bus in Live chat during Monday's game.
Then you come up with your favorite "stat-whoring" comment, which has been proven wrong time and time again, yet you fail to see the ignorance in the statement.

Now it seems you have come up with a new "nerdman favorite" Fundamentals, as if The Packers have been playing out of control, not adhering to basics that they have learned from day 1.

Come Sunday if plays don't go exactly as you think they should, you will once again be the 1st to throw players under the bus, and start whining how this should be done and that should be done.

Now you want everyone to "be with you" like you are the only one who has any confidence in The Packers as a team to grind through this latest setback?

How many time will you claim a Packer has "sh!t shemsives"?

Heres my favorite...How many times will you be absolutley wrong when you give your nerdman play by play instant analysis with only a tv view of the game?

Abraham Lincoln could not have penned a more honest and truthful response. I salute you Sir.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Rss Feed