Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:40:34 AM(UTC)
KFFL said:
Former Green Bay Packers TE Mark Chmura said TE Jermichael Finley (neck) told him that he'll have neck surgery Thursday, Nov. 14. "I got a chance to talk to Jermichael Finley before the game, and I would bet my bottom dollar his career's over," Chmura said. "He needs surgery, and it's herniated in (the C3 and C4 vertebrae) I think it's gonna be a Nick Collins deal. He's definitely not gonna play in Green Bay, I'd put my house on that."
hardrocker950  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:26:32 AM(UTC)
Big time suckage! Regardless of whether he returns to the field or not - I hope things go well for him.
Gaycandybacon  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:22:12 AM(UTC)
Wait so how does having surgery mean his career is over?
Mucky Tundra  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:26:15 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon said: Go to Quoted Post
Wait so how does having surgery mean his career is over?

IIRC part of his argument on the pregame was guys with neck injuries and what not don't really recover or last long before they get hurt again. Even if he's not right about Finley playing again he won't be playing in GB.
PackFanWithTwins  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:59:41 AM(UTC)
While the surgery wouldn't necessarily prevent him from playing again. Even though he was entertaining to watch (even his drops). I hope he hangs it up. Just not worth the risk.
wpr  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:51:35 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950 said: Go to Quoted Post
Big time suckage! Regardless of whether he returns to the field or not - I hope things go well for him.

If he is not able to come back to play it will be a shame. He had some great games and some half way decent seasons but never got over the hump and really blossomed like he looked like he could have.
Dulak  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:44:41 AM(UTC)
how do you write a tweet to finley? ... Id like to tell him not to do it and to get some disc decompression instead along with chiropractic - get it next year if he really needs it.
nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:02:07 AM(UTC)
Dulak said: Go to Quoted Post
how do you write a tweet to finley? ... Id like to tell him not to do it and to get some disc decompression instead along with chiropractic - get it next year if he really needs it.

Starting eating bone marrow, hydration and mineral/essential nutrient supplementation.

Nourish liver and kidney yin.
Dulak  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:24:35 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Starting eating bone marrow, hydration and mineral/essential nutrient supplementation.

Nourish liver and kidney yin.

anything - but not to get surgery ... dont want to see this talented guy go to the wayside over possible needless surgery.
Dulak  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:39:18 PM(UTC)
Left him a tweet.

nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:55:00 PM(UTC)
Dulak said: Go to Quoted Post
anything - but not to get surgery ... dont want to see this talented guy go to the wayside over possible needless surgery.

I thought the Nick Collins situation was a travesty.
Dulak  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:55:11 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
I thought the Nick Collins situation was a travesty.

ya you and me both ... but if you look at how the american medical system is where you are paid with what you do - medical professionals (including chiropractors) will be motivated by profits. How can they not be?

I am still upset by what happened with Collins. Pro bowl player that scored one of the winning TDs in the superbowl ... no more. I could see finley rising to that also.

Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 12:02:41 PM(UTC)
I am pretty sure Chumra is crossed off Finley's Christmas Card list.. in permanent marker.. lol.
Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 12:04:55 PM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
I am pretty sure Chumra is crossed off Finley's Christmas Card list.. in permanent marker.. lol.

I think Nick Collins was thinking the same thing too. I guess I'm just skeptical and also convinced if Finley plays again, it won't be with the Packers.

If Sean Richardson gets activated and plays for the Packers this season ... I'd be inclined to drop a little skepticism.

Finley deleted that tweet, but here's what it said ...

Finley --> For All The Craziness That’s Going Around “I’m Not Done With The Game Of FootBall”. Thanks To “Dr. Mark Chumra” For The False Story.
Pack93z  
#15 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 12:14:55 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I think Nick Collins was thinking the same thing too. I guess I'm just skeptical and also convinced if Finley plays again, it won't be with the Packers.

If Sean Richardson gets activated and plays for the Packers this season ... I'd be inclined to drop a little skepticism.

Oh, I don't think he plays in GB again, there was another thread running around here.. just figured Chumra overstepped his bounds with the comment and breaking the news that Finley was having surgery.. that tweet confirms it.
Dulak  
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:58:33 AM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
Oh, I don't think he plays in GB again, there was another thread running around here.. just figured Chumra overstepped his bounds with the comment and breaking the news that Finley was having surgery.. that tweet confirms it.

I still dont get it why in football bulging discs = surgery it is and should be the last thing you should do ...

I wonder how bad the bulges are compared to what symptoms the person has and what the surgeon says to the patient.

Feel like Im revisiting the collins incident ...

From JSonline below:

"Hopes to play: Finley underwent spinal surgery Thursday, then turned to Twitter Friday to begin his campaign to resume his career.

He tweeted: "For All The Craziness That's Going Around I'm Not Done With Game Of Football. There You Go Dr. Chmura."

Mark Chmura, the Packers tight end of the 1990s, said on radio Monday that he didn't expect Finley to play again.

The surgery was performed by Joseph Maroon, the Pittsburgh Steelers' neurosurgeon.

"Our medical staff was in touch throughout the process, and the decision was made, and obviously we respect it," McCarthy said. "Dr. Pat McKenzie and our group have an excellent relationship with the Pittsburgh medical group."

So again I missed it - why is he getting surgery and since when is this
http://www.josephmaroon....ures/test-spinal-fusion/

or this minimally invasive

http://www.bloomberg.com...debunked-by-studies.html

So in 2010 the bill was 136k for surgery - and this is for an average dude - imagine how much it cost for the 'best' surgeon in the states to a NFL player? ...
I was going to suggest you read the above article - but I take that back - You have to read the article ... If people like you are I are not informed; people like Dr. X will look to take advantage of your naivety so they can drive the porsche while you drive pain killers down your throat for the rest of your life ... or ... perhaps never play football again.
Rss Feed