Green Bay Packers Forum
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packnic  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 6:33:18 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Weird. KGB is being singled out because he was getting a high salary, even though the whole DL is doing poorly.

Yet, when I singled out Ryan Grant for poor performance after getting a big raise, someone said I was being like the New York Yankees and basing everything off money.

Go figure.


Ryan Grant sucks too.
Offline Rockmolder  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 6:50:51 PM(UTC)
He should just re-do his salary next year so they could keep him for a smaller amount.

I know this isn't likely, but why wouldn't he? I mean, he knows himself he's not playing as good as he should, and there won't be another team that gives him alot of money this way.

Now, like someone said before, I think it's just the entire D-line. None of them are playing like they should. Kampman together with KGB should just drive QBs crazy and with some strong DT play. They should be unstoppable.

Let's just hope they'll get back to their old form again soon...
Offline tromadz  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 11:47:53 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Weird. KGB is being singled out because he was getting a high salary, even though the whole DL is doing poorly.

Yet, when I singled out Ryan Grant for poor performance after getting a big raise, someone said I was being like the New York Yankees and basing everything off money.

Go figure.


KGB sucks.

Ryan Grant is a HELL of a lot more consistent than KGB. Grant at least had 83 yds on 18 carries this week, with him semi-hurt and the offensive line playing at high school levels. Don't get me wrong, Grant needs to step up, but comparing him to KGB isn't right.

KGB does nothing good anymore. He used to be a pass rusher, but now cuz he's so old and hurt, they single him and he still gets nothing. I get pissed when I see him on the field.

He plays at the same level as Mike Montgomery and that's a joke.


edit(while my wrath is high) - And my favorite part about KGB is his run defense. We ALL know he sucks at that, but its HOW he sucks. KGB takes those WIDE angles to rush, and it leaves a HUGE hole on the left. RBs run inside left all day on those. I dislike KGB.
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 12:00:52 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Weird. KGB is being singled out because he was getting a high salary, even though the whole DL is doing poorly.

Yet, when I singled out Ryan Grant for poor performance after getting a big raise, someone said I was being like the New York Yankees and basing everything off money.

Go figure.


KGB sucks.

Ryan Grant is a HELL of a lot more consistent than KGB. Grant at least had 83 yds on 18 carries this week, with him semi-hurt and the offensive line playing at high school levels. Don't get me wrong, Grant needs to step up, but comparing him to KGB isn't right.

KGB does nothing good anymore. He used to be a pass rusher with a bad knee, but now cuz he's so old and hurt, they single him and he still gets nothing. I get pissed when I see him on the field.

He plays at the same level as Mike Montgomery and that's a joke.


edit(while my wrath is high) - And my favorite part about KGB is his run defense. We ALL know he sucks at that, but its HOW he sucks. KGB takes those WIDE angles to rush, and it leaves a HUGE hole on the left. RBs run inside left all day on those. I dislike KGB.


LOL.. Grant is given a high five while playing hurt and KGB is massacred for it.. he isn't healthy yet. Plain and simple.. he is a pass rusher.. we know he isn't a run stuffer, never has been one.

He is being forced to play more snaps at end because of injury.. is it his fault that his knee isn't right yet? NO.

Is it his fault that he was left on the active roster with a very high cap number. Nope.

You speak of him not being consistent.. look at his sack numbers yearly in his career.. pretty consistent if you ask me.

Your wrath sometimes amuses me.. one guy praised for consistency over basically 14 games.. in which he had one good game followed but a piss poor one.. but I guess that is consistent.

KGB has been a heck of a player, is he worth the salary he is currently getting.. nope.. but it is what it is, and if Ted and Co. felt he was grossly overpaid they had options to remedy that this offseason. They didn't.. and as we hear, complete trust in Ted, which in my eyes currently he has earned.. then he must know something we are missing either that or he felt that his pass rush was so lacking minus a healthy KGB that he rolled the dice.

KGB is a pass rusher.. nothing more.. and guess what pass rushers in this league get paid ridiculously.. see Javon Kearse as a prime example.. the plan B when the Eagles couldn't land KGB when we bid up to keep him from them. Like I said we had options going into the year and we knew he wasn't healthy.. but we kept him. It is what it is.

But hey.. this is the closest you have gotten to criticizing Ted yet... there is hope yet that open honest evaluation of Ted is possible. Laughing
Offline tromadz  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 2:34:47 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Weird. KGB is being singled out because he was getting a high salary, even though the whole DL is doing poorly.

Yet, when I singled out Ryan Grant for poor performance after getting a big raise, someone said I was being like the New York Yankees and basing everything off money.

Go figure.


KGB sucks.

Ryan Grant is a HELL of a lot more consistent than KGB. Grant at least had 83 yds on 18 carries this week, with him semi-hurt and the offensive line playing at high school levels. Don't get me wrong, Grant needs to step up, but comparing him to KGB isn't right.

KGB does nothing good anymore. He used to be a pass rusher with a bad knee, but now cuz he's so old and hurt, they single him and he still gets nothing. I get pissed when I see him on the field.

He plays at the same level as Mike Montgomery and that's a joke.


edit(while my wrath is high) - And my favorite part about KGB is his run defense. We ALL know he sucks at that, but its HOW he sucks. KGB takes those WIDE angles to rush, and it leaves a HUGE hole on the left. RBs run inside left all day on those. I dislike KGB.


LOL.. Grant is given a high five while playing hurt and KGB is massacred for it.. he isn't healthy yet. Plain and simple.. he is a pass rusher.. we know he isn't a run stuffer, never has been one.

He is being forced to play more snaps at end because of injury.. is it his fault that his knee isn't right yet? NO.

Is it his fault that he was left on the active roster with a very high cap number. Nope.

You speak of him not being consistent.. look at his sack numbers yearly in his career.. pretty consistent if you ask me.

Your wrath sometimes amuses me.. one guy praised for consistency over basically 14 games.. in which he had one good game followed but a piss poor one.. but I guess that is consistent.

KGB has been a heck of a player, is he worth the salary he is currently getting.. nope.. but it is what it is, and if Ted and Co. felt he was grossly overpaid they had options to remedy that this offseason. They didn't.. and as we hear, complete trust in Ted, which in my eyes currently he has earned.. then he must know something we are missing either that or he felt that his pass rush was so lacking minus a healthy KGB that he rolled the dice.

KGB is a pass rusher.. nothing more.. and guess what pass rushers in this league get paid ridiculously.. see Javon Kearse as a prime example.. the plan B when the Eagles couldn't land KGB when we bid up to keep him from them. Like I said we had options going into the year and we knew he wasn't healthy.. but we kept him. It is what it is.

But hey.. this is the closest you have gotten to criticizing Ted yet... there is hope yet that open honest evaluation of Ted is possible. Laughing


I agree. It's Thompsons' fault for keeping this trash on the team. He's usually good about getting those guys off the team, but this is definitely an exception.

I think Sunday whenever KGB overshoots a pass rush, gets pancaked, or does the patented KGB offsides move, I'll put the blame on Thompson.

NO! I've got a better idea! Being an alcoholic, I propose a KGB drinking game. Every time he does one of his moves(missed tackle, overshooting sack, creating huge gap for run, offsides), we take a shot!

(by the end of the season I'll propose a 'every time its 3rd and more than 10, we take a shot)

(that'd fuck us up)
Offline zombieslayer  
#21 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 2:47:58 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post


NO! I've got a better idea! Being an alcoholic, I propose a KGB drinking game. Every time he does one of his moves(missed tackle, overshooting sack, creating huge gap for run, offsides), we take a shot!

(by the end of the season I'll propose a 'every time its 3rd and more than 10, we take a shot)

(that'd fuck us up)


Have fun.

I'll decline though. I happen to like my liver.
Offline Cheesey  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 2:54:06 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


NO! I've got a better idea! Being an alcoholic, I propose a KGB drinking game. Every time he does one of his moves(missed tackle, overshooting sack, creating huge gap for run, offsides), we take a shot!

(by the end of the season I'll propose a 'every time its 3rd and more than 10, we take a shot)

(that'd fuck us up)


Have fun.

I'll decline though. I happen to like my liver.

I like mine too.........smothered in onions.
Offline Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 2:56:44 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


NO! I've got a better idea! Being an alcoholic, I propose a KGB drinking game. Every time he does one of his moves(missed tackle, overshooting sack, creating huge gap for run, offsides), we take a shot!

(by the end of the season I'll propose a 'every time its 3rd and more than 10, we take a shot)

(that'd fuck us up)


Have fun.

I'll decline though. I happen to like my liver.

I like mine too.........smothered in onions.


Add Farva beans and a nice Chianti.

puke_r:
Offline Cheesey  
#24 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 2:58:25 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


NO! I've got a better idea! Being an alcoholic, I propose a KGB drinking game. Every time he does one of his moves(missed tackle, overshooting sack, creating huge gap for run, offsides), we take a shot!

(by the end of the season I'll propose a 'every time its 3rd and more than 10, we take a shot)

(that'd fuck us up)


Have fun.

I'll decline though. I happen to like my liver.

I like mine too.........smothered in onions.


Add Farva beans and a nice Chianti.

puke_r:

Yes.....but i prefer BRETT Farva beans!!! icon_smilee:
Offline zombieslayer  
#25 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 4:28:48 PM(UTC)
My God. I thought this was a GB Packers website, not the Donner Family diner.
Offline Pack93z  
#26 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 5:51:05 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
My God. I thought this was a GB Packers website, not the Donner Family diner.


Alright Clarice...

Just a little Silence of the Lambs reference. Physical Assultt:

Mark it down.. KGB has at the very least more than 1 sack this weekend.. I will bet my signature on it..
Offline IronMan  
#27 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 5:56:12 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
[I will bet my signature on it..

Betting your signature on KGB getting a sack? Or ANYONE getting a sack for that matter? Better hope Vikesrule doesn't see this. LOL
Offline Pack93z  
#28 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 5:58:16 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
[I will bet my signature on it..

Betting your signature on KGB getting a sack? Or ANYONE getting a sack for that matter? Better hope Vikesrule doesn't see this. LOL


Oh I have confidence in this defense.. I think they are going to come out and prove a point.

Oh and it doesn't hurt the the SeaChicken's oline is, to be honest not all that good.

Oh an I need to mention.. I haven't lost a bet of this nature to VR yet.. so it is an omen. Laughing
Offline zombieslayer  
#29 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 5:59:52 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
[I will bet my signature on it..

Betting your signature on KGB getting a sack? Or ANYONE getting a sack for that matter? Better hope Vikesrule doesn't see this. LOL


I'm tempted to pm Vikes.
Offline Pack93z  
#30 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 6:06:08 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
[I will bet my signature on it..

Betting your signature on KGB getting a sack? Or ANYONE getting a sack for that matter? Better hope Vikesrule doesn't see this. LOL


I'm tempted to pm Vikes.



" said: Go to Quoted Post
Oh an I need to mention.. I haven't lost a bet of this nature to VR yet.. so it is an omen. Laughing


Please do, that will clinch it... KGB will eclipse that mark.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
42m / Green Bay Packers Talk / isocleas2

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / packerfanoutwest

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter