Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GermanGilbert  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:34:57 PM(UTC)
I know, the season is not over, however, I like to see how the Draft order turns out when the season is coming to an end. Thus I created an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the strength of schedule for each team. Due to the tie against Minnesota the Packers Draft pick is easy to determine, but maybe someone of you is interested in the other teams spots as well.

Here is the 2014 Draft picture after week 13:

GermanGilbert attached the following image(s):
draft-tracker-w13.jpg (167kb) downloaded 19 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:54:31 PM(UTC)
Almost guaranteed Ted trades down. LOL
GermanGilbert  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:59:48 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Almost guaranteed Ted trades down. LOL

Given the last guy he selected at 16 maybe not the worst idea [grin1]

buckeyepackfan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:18:35 PM(UTC)
Hell, Packers might as well run the table and pick 32 next year.

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

That way Ted can trade out of 1st and 2nd rnds and start drafting at the end of the 3rd rond.
wpr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:31:58 PM(UTC)
Thanks Gilbert. I was looking this past weekend. GB has an easy schedule but it all depends on Rodgers as to whether they move up or down a few spots.

Several "experts" have GB taking a TE Jace Amaro or Eric Ebron.
I would like to see them get S HaHa Clinton-Dix myself. Neither position is very strong but I think TE might be slightly deeper.

nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:39:59 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Gilbert. I was looking this past weekend. GB has an easy schedule but it all depends on Rodgers as to whether they move up or down a few spots.

I would like to see them get S HaHa Clinton-Dix myself. Neither position is very strong but I think TE might be slightly deeper.

Looks to me like Finley's done. Stick a fork in him.
sschind  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:23:43 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
Hell, Packers might as well run the table and pick 32 next year.

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

That way Ted can trade out of 1st and 2nd rnds and start drafting at the end of the 3rd rond.

I'd be fine with that.

Mucky Tundra  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 8:18:53 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert said: Go to Quoted Post
I know, the season is not over, however, I like to see how the Draft order turns out when the season is coming to an end. Thus I created an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the strength of schedule for each team. Due to the tie against Minnesota the Packers Draft pick is easy to determine, but maybe someone of you is interested in the other teams spots as well.

Here is the 2014 Draft picture after week 13:

Nice Work! =d>

I'd rather they go with someone like Hageman or Clinton-Dix in the first and hope someone like Austin Seferian-Jenkins slides into the second or slides enough to trade up and not cost many picks.

The upside to guys like Ebron and Amaro is they seem to be in the same mold as guys like Finley and Graham: new generation TEs who can line up at the line, in the slot and outside and create mismatches.
dhazer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:49:47 AM(UTC)

WPR seriously you didnt say that did you? Green Bay has an easy schedule? Granted the Falcons are having a down year with the injuries, but the Cowboys are playing to win the east and its in Dallas, the Steelers are still clinging to playoff hope and the Bears will have Cutler back ( ok so that might actually help us [laughing] ) but they are still playing for the playoffs and they beat us already once. Easy to me would be playing like the Jets, Jags, Bills, and Texans, and at the current rate we are going we would still probably lose one of those games lol
Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:53:43 AM(UTC)
2014 Packers Draft Picture is simple ... 32nd overall pick.

Falcons 3 - 9
@Cowboys 7 - 5
Steelers 5 - 7
@Bears 6 - 6

21 - 27
wpr  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:01:30 AM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
WPR seriously you didnt say that did you? Green Bay has an easy schedule? Granted the Falcons are having a down year with the injuries, but the Cowboys are playing to win the east and its in Dallas, the Steelers are still clinging to playoff hope and the Bears will have Cutler back ( ok so that might actually help us [laughing] ) but they are still playing for the playoffs and they beat us already once. Easy to me would be playing like the Jets, Jags, Bills, and Texans, and at the current rate we are going we would still probably lose one of those games lol

My bad.

I was looking at Gilbert's post. GB has a SOS of .4635. There are only 2 teams that have an easier schedule. None of them are ranked higher on the list. I was thinking that the SOS was for the remaining games not for the ones they have already played.

However, as you mentioned Atlanta is struggling this year. Dallas is in the NFL East the whole division has had major issues. Earlier in the year Dallas looked pretty bad. They have done better recently. The Steelers are below .500 and the Bears don't do very much on defense. If we had a healthy Aaron Rodgers you would say that GB should win all 4 of these games and do so fairly easily. Now that the wheels have come off they all look like we are trying to climb Mt Everest on our knees.
wpr  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:11:27 AM(UTC)
btw- this comes from a jsonline story

Quote:
Green Bay (5-6-1) is currently 1½ games behind Detroit (7-5) and a half- game back of Chicago (6-6). Detroit's final four opponents are 21-26-1 overall (.448), while Chicago's foes are 23-24-1 (.490). Green Bay's final four opponents are a combined 21-27 (.438).

While Green Bay has the easiest schedule, it also has a lot of ground to make up in a short time.
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:51:04 AM(UTC)
Detroit just has to lose twice. They have proven that they can be really hot and really cold. They probably will be underdogs to the Ravens, and they play at Philadelphia, a real up and coming team, but even the Giants and Vikings are possible for a team that can lose to Tampa.

I don't know how this thread got from the draft to the playoff picture, but the effect of that tie was that all tiebreakers are now moot.

It comes down to win out with Aaron Rodgers or lose if he continues to sit.
GermanGilbert  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:48:15 PM(UTC)
My bad.

I was looking at Gilbert's post. GB has a SOS of .4635. There are only 2 teams that have an easier schedule. None of them are ranked higher on the list. I was thinking that the SOS was for the remaining games not for the ones they have already played.

It's neither the SOS of the games they already played nor the SOS of the upcoming games. It's the combined record of all 16 opponents as of week 13. That means the current records of e.g. Pittsburgh and Dallas are included in the calculation as well.
Rss Feed