Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vikesrule  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 9:41:44 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/4/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Quote:
[size=18]Vikings working out punters[/size]

Vikings coach Brad Childress followed through on his harsh words for punter Chris Kluwe today, working out four punters after practice.

Asked on Monday night if Kluwe wasn't able to direct his punts out of bounds, Childress said, "You know what? if he can't do that, I'll find someone that can kick the ball out of bounds."


Link

Ya, Kluwe could have done better, but IMO that is one of the lesser problems facing the Vikings.

Personally, I think that Zygi Wilf should be bringing in some Head Coaches for a work out...Childress is the one that needs to get "the message"

Zygi Wilf " You know what? if he can't do that, I'll find someone that can call plays and get the team on a winning track ."

Of all the problems.....Childress is #1
Sponsor
Offline RaiderPride  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 10:06:23 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 7/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 189

P.F.T. Said it best.

It is rare that a head coach calls out a single player and throws him under the Bus. He is digging a big hole, by blaming a single player for his failures as a coach.

When do the Vikings have a bye? Ahh Yes. Right after the loss to the Bears October 19th. My guess is... Monday October 20th he will be given a career adjustment. Or more blunt... FIRED.

Vikes... Who on your coaching staff is the best candidate to take over the team for the rest of the year interim?

RP
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 10:27:51 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

I still love this ...

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Here's a bit from the Minneapolis paper about Brad Childress, which I scammed from the Sports Illustrated web site:

Evidently new Vikings coach Brad Childress hasn't been mincing words in meetings with his new players. "They look at me and there is just a little bit of, 'Who is this guy? What does he stand for?' " he said. "What I told them is, 'You didn't pick me, I picked you.' Because if I didn't take this job I was going down the road to take the job with the Green Bay Packers."
-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Sounds a little arrogant, as if he thinks the Green Bay job was his for the taking. But I suppose he's just trying to get his team fired up by mentioning their arch rivals. It could add some spice to next year's Packer/Viking games.
UserPostedImage
Offline RaiderPride  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 11:08:27 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 7/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 189

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I still love this ...

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Here's a bit from the Minneapolis paper about Brad Childress, which I scammed from the Sports Illustrated web site:

Evidently new Vikings coach Brad Childress hasn't been mincing words in meetings with his new players. "They look at me and there is just a little bit of, 'Who is this guy? What does he stand for?' " he said. "What I told them is, 'You didn't pick me, I picked you.' Because if I didn't take this job I was going down the road to take the job with the Green Bay Packers."
-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Sounds a little arrogant, as if he thinks the Green Bay job was his for the taking. But I suppose he's just trying to get his team fired up by mentioning their arch rivals. It could add some spice to next year's Packer/Viking games.


I know.. I love Gregs posts. He is one of my Favorites here.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:36:31 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
P.F.T. Said it best.

It is rare that a head coach calls out a single player and throws him under the Bus. He is digging a big hole, by blaming a single player for his failures as a coach.

When do the Vikings have a bye? Ahh Yes. Right after the loss to the Bears October 19th. My guess is... Monday October 20th he will be given a career adjustment. Or more blunt... FIRED.

Vikes... Who on your coaching staff is the best candidate to take over the team for the rest of the year interim?

RP

I've heard that they are presently in talks with Matt Millen. They figure, as lousy as Millen was as a GM, he HAS to be great at SOMETHING. They are hoping it's being a head coach.
UserPostedImage
Offline gotarace  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 10:12:02 PM(UTC)
gotarace

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/3/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 15

Maybe they can try Frost out if he keeps kicking the same way he is now...lol
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Offline TheEngineer  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 6:38:11 AM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Maybe they can try Frost out if he keeps kicking the same way he is now...lol


We should swap punters for a week and see how they perform.
blank
Offline gbpfan  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 12:11:02 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)
Location: milwaukee

Applause Received: 3

not a good year for punters but they also need a q.b d-line is what won the saints game
blank
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

45m / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister

19h / Around The NFL / OlHoss1884

19h / Around The NFL / Cheesey

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

20h / Random Babble / Cheesey

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

29-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

29-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / QCHuskerFan


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.