Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Poll Question : Packers will win division because
Choice Votes Statistics
  ... they win it
1
8 %
  ... Lions and Bears shit themselves
11
91 %
  Total 12 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 8:38:21 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Received: 97

Do you have more confidence in the Packers WINNING the division, or more confidence in the Lions and Bears LOSING the division to the Packers?
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 8:57:13 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Option C Packers don't win the division.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 4 applause.
DoddPower on 12/9/2013(UTC), dhazer on 12/9/2013(UTC), packman82 on 12/9/2013(UTC), Cheesey on 12/10/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 10:27:45 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel Go to Quoted Post
Do you have more confidence in the Packers WINNING the division, or more confidence in the Lions and Bears LOSING the division to the Packers?


They'll all shit themselves.

Be interesting to sort it all out afterwarsds. We're the best team, but that doesn't mean we'll win.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline El3ment12  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 11:09:45 AM(UTC)
El3ment12

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/16/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 32
Applause Received: 24

For us to even be in the position we are in now, we needed the bears and lions to keep on losing, and they have. As unlucky as it was for Rodgers to go down, we are pretty fortunate that our division is so bad.

After the lions lost a game they led by 2 scores in 4 feet of snow, I would say I have more confidence in them losing it.
Online dhazer  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 11:57:15 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Option C Packers don't win the division.


I agree 100 % we wont win the division. People you do remember our defense does suck right?
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 12:01:58 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Canada
Joined: 9/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 120

We need Aaron back for us to have a chance. We beat a sinking ship in our backyard by one point. A Cowboys team fighting for the playoffs will be a bigger challenge. As much as people like to bag on him Romo is still pretty good and him to Dez Bryant will be a nightmare for our awful pass defence. I have visions of Dallas 30 yard passes to Dez over the middle of the field all day long.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Cheesey on 12/10/2013(UTC)
Offline El3ment12  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 12:36:44 PM(UTC)
El3ment12

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/16/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 32
Applause Received: 24

The cowboys weren't exactly great against the raiders, and Nick Foles threw 7 TDs against them.
Online dhazer  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 12:55:51 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: El3ment12 Go to Quoted Post
The cowboys weren't exactly great against the raiders, and Nick Foles threw 7 TDs against them.


So you use one game as a stat well how great is our defense

Passing yards a game

Packers - 3208

Raiders - 3256


And look at how we have been playing we made Christian Ponder and Eli Manning look like Peyton Manning and we won't even mention the great defensive performance we had against Stafford.


I see the Cowboys scoring 31 points atleast against us, granted 2 of those touchdowns will be on the ground (if not more)

Like I said if we start noodle arm it won't even be close, if Rodgers plays and at a high level it will be a shoot out
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 1:03:02 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I agree 100 % we wont win the division. People you do remember our defense does suck right?


RG T.J. Lang

On the win... “Our defense has been taking a lot of heat. Most of it, not rightfully so. Offensively, we’ve been struggling the last couple weeks. That’s no secret. We’re going three and out and those guys are on the field for 40 minutes. It’s tough. I think today we definitely took a step forward as an offense. And our defense played one of their better games of the year letting up 14 points and seven of those were off another turnover. They did a great job of keeping us energized as an offense with the way they played in the second half. I think we wouldn’t have won this game if they didn’t play the way they did"


Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/...81741.html#ixzz2n0fWiixv
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 12/9/2013(UTC)
Online cheeseheads123  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 1:07:16 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 120

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
So you use one game as a stat well how great is our defense

Passing yards a game

Packers - 3208

Raiders - 3256


And look at how we have been playing we made Christian Ponder and Eli Manning look like Peyton Manning and we won't even mention the great defensive performance we had against Stafford.


I see the Cowboys scoring 31 points atleast against us, granted 2 of those touchdowns will be on the ground (if not more)

Like I said if we start noodle arm it won't even be close, if Rodgers plays and at a high level it will be a shoot out


Christian Ponder also looked like Peyton Manning against that Cowboys defense
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 1:40:35 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
So you use one game as a stat well how great is our defense

Passing yards a game

Packers - 3208

Raiders - 3256


And look at how we have been playing we made Christian Ponder and Eli Manning look like Peyton Manning and we won't even mention the great defensive performance we had against Stafford.


I see the Cowboys scoring 31 points atleast against us, granted 2 of those touchdowns will be on the ground (if not more)

Like I said if we start noodle arm it won't even be close, if Rodgers plays and at a high level it will be a shoot out


If You all don't quit all this "statistical masturbation" , you are going to have Mr. Doom and Gloom all over your asses!!!!!!

Now Stop it!!!! You'll go blind!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 1:48:46 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Cowboys will be coming off a short week. That will be an advantage for us.

They will have beaten Chicago on MNF, so they won't necessarily be hungry.

The officials will be on OUR side, because they always favor the worse team, to keep the game interesting.

However, if this D doesn't show up, we're totally screwed. Dallas isn't gonna drop two passes on purpose in the final drive to let us win.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 2:57:45 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

What kind of a thread/poll is this anyway?

First of all, it will take some of both for the Packers to win the division - Lions and Bears shitting themselves as well as the Packers winning out.

Secondly, I don't believe you people - so many actually claiming and applauding the claim that the Packers WON'T win the division? sheesh!

If Aaron Rodgers is back, the Packers will be a solid favorite in all of the three games - with the possible exception of the Cowboys. Detroit plays a good Ravens team that has a lot of incentive to win. They better lose that one, because after that they play two teams with nothing to play for.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 3:14:07 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

I guess it is wrong to express an opinion.

Sorry. (not really.)

The Aaron Rodgers I know will not be back this year. IF Rodgers even returns it will take him a while to get back into NFL caliber playing shape. That is not going to happen soon.

In the past 5 weeks this Packers team has played 2 of the weakest teams in the NFL. They tied one and beat the other by 1 point. What does that mean? This Packers team is one of the weakest teams in the NFL. Even in a weak division they will not win.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline warhawk  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 9:04:09 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
So you use one game as a stat well how great is our defense

Passing yards a game

Packers - 3208

Raiders - 3256


And look at how we have been playing we made Christian Ponder and Eli Manning look like Peyton Manning and we won't even mention the great defensive performance we had against Stafford.


I see the Cowboys scoring 31 points atleast against us, granted 2 of those touchdowns will be on the ground (if not more)

Like I said if we start noodle arm it won't even be close, if Rodgers plays and at a high level it will be a shoot out


Well if you need another game the Bears D is just as lousy as the Packs and they are beating the living fudge out of the Boys right now.

"The train is leaving the station."
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 9:20:09 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I guess it is wrong to express an opinion.

Sorry. (not really.)

The Aaron Rodgers I know will not be back this year. IF Rodgers even returns it will take him a while to get back into NFL caliber playing shape. That is not going to happen soon.

In the past 5 weeks this Packers team has played 2 of the weakest teams in the NFL. They tied one and beat the other by 1 point. What does that mean? This Packers team is one of the weakest teams in the NFL. Even in a weak division they will not win.


All the Packers are accomplishing by winning right now is fucking up the opportunity to get the best center in the draft. But I'll join you jackasses on Sunday's chat rooting them on.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/10/2013(UTC)
Online cheeseheads123  
#17 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 9:50:01 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 120

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
All the Packers are accomplishing by winning right now is fucking up the opportunity to get the best center in the draft. But I'll join you jackasses on Sunday's chat rooting them on.


I knew you would come around Applause Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#18 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 9:51:27 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I guess it is wrong to express an opinion.

Sorry. (not really.)

The Aaron Rodgers I know will not be back this year. IF Rodgers even returns it will take him a while to get back into NFL caliber playing shape. That is not going to happen soon.

In the past 5 weeks this Packers team has played 2 of the weakest teams in the NFL. They tied one and beat the other by 1 point. What does that mean? This Packers team is one of the weakest teams in the NFL. Even in a weak division they will not win.


Don't worry, the "right to be wrong" is alive and well around here. I'm just saying, these crowd followers who are so quick to jump on a bandwagon of defeat are pretty LOW in my book.

You say that like it's a sure thing - the idea that Rodgers would be playing worse somehow if he does come back. At most, that is speculation.



Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 10:16:58 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

TX sometimes you are so funny. Of course it is speculation. Everything on this board is speculation. Nary a one of us sits down and has tea and crumpets with Uncle Teddy, Coach Mike or any of his staff including the doctors. None of the call us. None of them write us. They don't even tell the press the real inside story.

But that said almost no one who plays a professional sport and sits for any length of time comes back in perfect condition. Almost none of them plays at the same level they did before the injury. Certainly not that same season. Some never get it all back. It don't take mush of a genius to assume Aaron will have issues especially in the cold weather he will now have to deal with.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline DoddPower  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 10:21:53 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,096
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
But that said almost no one who plays a professional sport and sits for any length of time comes back in perfect condition. Almost none of them plays at the same level they did before the injury. Certainly not that same season. Some never get it all back. It don't take mush of a genius to assume Aaron will have issues especially in the cold weather he will now have to deal with.


I do agree with your overall premise, but even an Aaron Rodgers at 80% of his potential game is enough to make the Packers competitive and possibly beat a team like the Cowboys. Did you see what the Bears just did to them?

Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 10:24:30 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I do agree with your overall premise, but even an Aaron Rodgers at 80% of his potential game is enough to make the Packers competitive and possibly beat a team like the Cowboys. Did you see what the Bears just did to them?



go back to my original comment. GB will not win the division. Even with Aaron they will not and I don't think Aaron will play all the rest of the games this year anyhow. 80% or not.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Bigbyfan  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:04:10 AM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
All the Packers are accomplishing by winning right now is fucking up the opportunity to get the best center in the draft. But I'll join you jackasses on Sunday's chat rooting them on.


I don't think you have to worry about that since I doubt a center would go that high in the draft anyways. So the Packers can still win some games AND you get your center (I doubt they draft one that early anyways, but we have a whole offseason to argue about that).
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:06:53 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 202
Applause Received: 439

I don't see the Packers winning the division, which would be the only way they make the playoffs.
GB has to win their last 3 games. And I don't think Aaron Rodgers is ready. (ONLY my opinion!)
A 80% Aaron Rodgers is better then a 100% Flynn in my opinion.

I can see Detroit losing one of their final 3. But us losing even ONE makes that point moot.

And if we COULD win out, that would mean beating Chicago the last game of the regular season, which would gives us a better record then "Da Bears".

So it IS possble to win the division, but kind of unlikely.

I haven't given up hope though.
Having the Packers play one more game (meaning the playoffs) would mean getting to see them one more time, which would make me happy.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
sschind on 12/10/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:44:03 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
TX sometimes you are so funny. Of course it is speculation. Everything on this board is speculation. Nary a one of us sits down and has tea and crumpets with Uncle Teddy, Coach Mike or any of his staff including the doctors. None of the call us. None of them write us. They don't even tell the press the real inside story.

But that said almost no one who plays a professional sport and sits for any length of time comes back in perfect condition. Almost none of them plays at the same level they did before the injury. Certainly not that same season. Some never get it all back. It don't take mush of a genius to assume Aaron will have issues especially in the cold weather he will now have to deal with.


Uncle Teddy doesn't like crumpets. Just thought you'd like to know. How do I know that? I can't tell you. Lets just say a certain "uncle" told me not to tell. And no I don't mean it like that.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 12/10/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:47:16 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
I don't see the Packers winning the division, which would be the only way they make the playoffs.
GB has to win their last 3 games. And I don't think Aaron Rodgers is ready. (ONLY my opinion!)
A 80% Aaron Rodgers is better then a 100% Flynn in my opinion.

I can see Detroit losing one of their final 3. But us losing even ONE makes that point moot.

And if we COULD win out, that would mean beating Chicago the last game of the regular season, which would gives us a better record then "Da Bears".

So it IS possble to win the division, but kind of unlikely.

I haven't given up hope though.
Having the Packers play one more game (meaning the playoffs) would mean getting to see them one more time, which would make me happy.


A very good assessment and it pretty much sums up my feelings to a T.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
52m / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr