Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:03:28 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

Rob Demovsky wrote:
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers continued to work with the backup centers during individual drills at Wednesday's practice just like he did last week.

But unlike last week, he did more throwing on the run.

At one point, Rodgers scrambled to his left and threw a sharp pass to Jordy Nelson along the sideline. Rodgers said he experienced pain his collarbone after last Wednesday's workout, so how he feels after this latest session will help determine when he can return from his Nov.

Message modified by moderator Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:18:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:44:28 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

I'm not worried about pain at this point. At this point the bone is healed enough that movement and throwing isn't going to do any damage to the injury. Pain is going to come from moving muscles and stretching ligaments and tendons that have had their movement limited for a few weeks.

The only risk now would be from falling or hitting it in a way that would rebreak it because the bone isn't completely healed. Once that bone is 100% healed, pain can be masked. As long as his strength is back, there should be no greater risk of re-injury. Just don't want him coming back, worrying and end up hurting his throwing arm or shoulder because he is trying to protect his non-throwing side.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/11/2013(UTC)
Online DarkaneRules  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:50:22 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

It will be a pretty difficult decision for coach to make if he does not get medical clearance by Friday's practice. Whoever takes starter reps on Friday I would predict would start the game.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline steveishere  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:04:57 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

I'd say let Rodgers play. Make a game plan with a lot of runs and only very quick passes. It may not be as effective as something you would usually do with Rodgers but it would be better than anything you could come up with for Flynn and the defenses we are going against in the next 3 games aren't very good. Just make it the priority to keep Rodgers jersey clean.
Offline Since69  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:50:37 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 83

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Just make it the priority to keep Rodgers jersey clean.

I think they'd have been doing that all year if they could. With our banged-up line, I honestly couldn't blame Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy for shutting Aaron down for the year and spending the next three games deciding if we've got a viable backup on the roster or if we need to draft one. Even with Rodgers, I don't think we're good enough to make much of a splash in the playoffs. I'd hate to see him re-injured just so we can be one and done in the postseason.

UserPostedImage
Offline hardrocker950  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:53:22 AM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 89

I'd say let Rodgers play. Make a game plan with a lot of runs and only very quick passes. It may not be as effective as something you would usually do with Rodgers but it would be better than anything you could come up with for Flynn and the defenses we are going against in the next 3 games aren't very good. Just make it the priority to keep Rodgers jersey clean.

Sounds great, but would you trust this line to keep him untouched?
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
DoddPower on 12/12/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:02:37 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds great, but would you trust this line to keep him untouched?

The interior guys yes. That's why I'm saying don't try anything fancy, just get the ball out before anyone has a chance to get to him on the edges. No running around trying to make a play, no deep drops, no 4 WR progressions and a lot of runs. It won't work as well as an Aaron Rodgers offense usually works but it's probably better than anything that can be done with Flynn.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 9:40:08 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

The interior guys yes. That's why I'm saying don't try anything fancy, just get the ball out before anyone has a chance to get to him on the edges. No running around trying to make a play, no deep drops, no 4 WR progressions and a lot of runs. It won't work as well as an Aaron Rodgers offense usually works but it's probably better than anything that can be done with Flynn.

I was thinking along the same lines after watching Peyton Manning play, he just doesn't give the defense time to get to him.

I'm not sure if Aaron could become "that guy".

Aaron gets into the game and his competive juices get flowing, he just might forget he needs to just throw the ball away and move on.

I noticed Flynn rolling out more last game, working with a moving pocket, that seemed to give him a little more time and he hit a few passes.

I really think this is going to turn into a shoot-out, Cowboys have some weapons on offense, but their defense has proven they cannot stop anybody if they get spread out.

Would rather have Rodgers as QB if the game did turn into a shootout, but if Flynn starts hopefully Lacy and Starks can grind out the tough yards, keeping the ball away from The Cowboy offense.

Really wish The Lions were playing early on Sunday, that way The Packers would know where they stand at kickoff.

On the other hand, Packers beat The 'Boys Sunday and that will add just that much more pressure to The Lions on Monday night.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline El3ment12  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 10:19:02 AM(UTC)
El3ment12

Applause Given: 32
Applause Received: 24

If we do beat the cowboys on sunday I think we will be in first. Lions are gonna lose to Baltimore and my boy Joe Flacco.
nerdmann on 12/13/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 11:19:17 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,712
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking along the same lines after watching Peyton Manning play, he just doesn't give the defense time to get to him.

I'm not sure if Aaron could become "that guy".

Aaron gets into the game and his competive juices get flowing, he just might forget he needs to just throw the ball away and move on.

I noticed Flynn rolling out more last game, working with a moving pocket, that seemed to give him a little more time and he hit a few passes.

I really think this is going to turn into a shoot-out, Cowboys have some weapons on offense, but their defense has proven they cannot stop anybody if they get spread out.

Would rather have Rodgers as QB if the game did turn into a shootout, but if Flynn starts hopefully Lacy and Starks can grind out the tough yards, keeping the ball away from The Cowboy offense.

Really wish The Lions were playing early on Sunday, that way The Packers would know where they stand at kickoff.

On the other hand, Packers beat The 'Boys Sunday and that will add just that much more pressure to The Lions on Monday night.

ToP could be huge.

Hope Flynn brings it in a hostile environment. Hope Lacey is up to the task as well.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 11:23:47 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
ToP could be huge.

Hope Flynn brings it in a hostile environment. Hope Lacey is up to the task as well.

Yes, in this case T.O.P. would be important, if Flynn is QB, winning the turnover battle, and controlling the lines of scrimmage also just as important.

Thos 3 things usually add up to a Packer win.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 12:10:33 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,712
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Yes, in this case T.O.P. would be important, if Flynn is QB, winning the turnover battle, and controlling the lines of scrimmage also just as important.

Thos 3 things usually add up to a Packer win.

There is a theory that the reason the Packers got their asses kicked in Detoilet, was because it was on turf, and the reason we won (and tied) at Lambeau is that it was muddy and helped slow down the offense.

If that is the case, Dallas will have an advantage.

There is also the theory that crowd noise inhibited the hurry up offense, which is what Flynn is good at. That will also give Dallas an edge this week.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline beast  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 4:01:33 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
There is a theory that the reason the Packers got their asses kicked in Detoilet, was because it was on turf, and the reason we won (and tied) at Lambeau is that it was muddy and helped slow down the offense.

If that is the case, Dallas will have an advantage.

There is also the theory that crowd noise inhibited the hurry up offense, which is what Flynn is good at. That will also give Dallas an edge this week.

There is also a theory that
Women are from Venus,
Men are from Mars and
Jim Schwartz is from Uranus

Razz
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
DoddPower on 12/13/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed