Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 6:23:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,232

Chat with fans during the game!

Green Bay Packers ( 7 - 6 - 1 )
    Total Offense = 4th
    Passing Offense = 7th
    Rushing Offense = 7th

Total Defense = 26th
    Passing Defense = 22nd
    Rushing Defense = 25th

Points For = 25.2 (12th)
    Points Against = 25.9 (21st)

UserPostedImage

Pittsburgh Steelers ( 6 - 8 )
  • Total Offense = 19th
  • Passing Offense = 11th
  • Rushing Offense = 31st

• Total Defense = 11th
  • Passing Defense = 8th
  • Rushing Defense = 19th

• Points For = 22.9 (19th)
  • Points Against = 23.7 (15th)

UserPostedImage

Message modified by user Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:08:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:11:30 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

I'm so fucking excited for this.
call me Dan
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:59:36 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 487

Well, let's see if this defense can win a game without spotting the other team a lead or allowing over 300 yards of total offense in one half. If they can, my confidence level for the playoffs (if they make it) will go from 0% to 5%.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/18/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:28:59 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

This will be another dog fight if Rodgers and or Cobb don't figure in. You can only stick your hand in the fire so many times before it gets burned.

I like Flynn too. He's done the job but every game comes down to the wire under this scenario...with him in the game. Not dogging him either. He's kept us in the big picture....but, I see the team in a place where it will be hard to get up for this game.

Not because they don't know what's at stake or want to be emotionally ready to play just knowing what this last game against Dallas ultimately took to win energy wise. McCarthy has already expressed concern about this. He knows as HC when a team lays it out like that how hard it is to come right back.

Pittsburgh is no slouch right now and aren't going to take a dive regardless of what chance they have to move on.

It might seem odd but I liked our chances at Dallas as much as they needed the win more than I like playing the Steelers when they might not have anything to look forward to by game time.

The Pack has held on by their chinny, chin, chins, and that's been great but they need Arod's arm back in the game. NOW.

God knows I'm not a negative nilly and everyone here should surely know that but I just don't like this game without our "A" player.

"The train is leaving the station."
gbguy20 on 12/18/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:27:03 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 667

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
This will be another dog fight if Rodgers and or Cobb don't figure in. You can only stick your hand in the fire so many times before it gets burned.

I like Flynn too. He's done the job but every game comes down to the wire under this scenario...with him in the game. Not dogging him either. He's kept us in the big picture....but, I see the team in a place where it will be hard to get up for this game.

Not because they don't know what's at stake or want to be emotionally ready to play just knowing what this last game against Dallas ultimately took to win energy wise. McCarthy has already expressed concern about this. He knows as HC when a team lays it out like that how hard it is to come right back.

Pittsburgh is no slouch right now and aren't going to take a dive regardless of what chance they have to move on.

It might seem odd but I liked our chances at Dallas as much as they needed the win more than I like playing the Steelers when they might not have anything to look forward to by game time.

The Pack has held on by their chinny, chin, chins, and that's been great but they need Arod's arm back in the game. NOW.

God knows I'm not a negative nilly and everyone here should surely know that but I just don't like this game without our "A" player.

I'm still far more worried about the run D.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DarkaneRules on 12/18/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:30:04 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 358

I did not think we would win against the Cowboys at their place. I liked our chances against Steelers at home much more. I don't think we will commit as many gaffs like the Bengals did. I honestly think this team is more focused than they have been all season. I hope that evident to be true this weekend.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
nerdmann on 12/19/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:24:13 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Here's the ref for this weeks game
Offline steveishere  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:31:23 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

I actually don't know that much about Cheffers and I don't think we've had his crew yet this year. I guess the fact that I don't know much about him is probably a good thing.
Offline dhazer  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:34:02 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 50
Applause Received: 204

Quote:
Emmanuel Sanders remembers the confetti falling from above at Cowboys Stadium. He remembers what he was thinking, as well.

“I got to come back and next time let it fall on me as a champion,” Sanders recalled.

Ben Roethlisberger’s recollections of Super Bowl XLV are much more succinct.

“We lost,” Roethlisberger offered.

Mike Tomlin wouldn’t even go that far.

“Oh, gosh, that’s light years ago in football terms,” Tomlin insisted when the game was brought up at his weekly news conference on Tuesday. “That’s the first time I even really thought about it. I don’t know how many guys on our team are still here from that experience, and I am sure they can say the same thing. That’s bygones.”

Bygones, but not forgotten.[/quoteread the rest here
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline dhazer  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:42:48 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

I am really worried about this game. The Steelers as I told Dakota are getting back to Steeler football and that is pound the ball on the ground and pass when you need to. If you think this is going to be an easy game take a look at what they did to the Bengals. The Steelers are starting to play with an attitude and we are the soft team. Don't overlook the special teams Brown is very dangerous and they find ways to get him the ball. I can see this as a 24-21 game either way.
UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:49:05 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Ben Roethlisberger has thrown 12 TD's and 1 INT over the last five games. Steelers are 3 - 2 during that span.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline cheeseheads123  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:31:17 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 120

I was much more confident against the Falcons and Cowboys. The fact that both of those were only one point wins scares me.
UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:16:07 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 358

Guys. Watch the Vic interview with Bill Cower. It is FA HA UCK ING incredible. We are not the best team in the NFL right now. Neither are the Steelers. But we are both hungry teams. Hungry for pride. If last week was the gut check, then this is the qualifying round before the grudge match to the playoffs. This isn't about who can get the best draft position. This is about who can believe in each other the most to keep fighting with everything they have. Let us all remember this moment. This game. This is why we watch. This is why they continue fighting.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 12:21:15 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Last three meetings between Packers and Steelers at Lambeau Field.

Sun September 27, 1992 W Green Bay Packers Pittsburgh Steelers 17 3
Sun December 24, 1995 W Green Bay Packers Pittsburgh Steelers 24 19
Sun November 6, 2005 L Green Bay Packers Pittsburgh Steelers 10 20

Coincidently the last regular season matchup ended in the same score as the Cowboys Packers game last weekend. 36 - 37 in favor of ... Steelers.

UserPostedImage
Offline mi_keys  
#15 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 12:30:22 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 227
Applause Received: 359

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Last three meetings between Packers and Steelers at Lambeau Field.

Sun September 27, 1992 W Green Bay Packers Pittsburgh Steelers 17 3
Sun December 24, 1995 W Green Bay Packers Pittsburgh Steelers 24 19
Sun November 6, 2005 L Green Bay Packers Pittsburgh Steelers 10 20

Coincidently the last regular season matchup ended in the same score as the Cowboys Packers game last weekend. 36 - 37 in favor of ... Steelers.

That was the first game I remember seeing the belt from Rodgers. Let's hope Flynn unleashes a new celebration of his own that goes viral and ends up being the butt of a running joke in a line of Allstate ads... but only we win the game this time.
Born and bred a cheesehead
GermanGilbert on 12/20/2013(UTC)
Offline Cheesey  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 12:51:43 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 204
Applause Received: 439

Both teams are so different then those games. Many of the players arn't on either team now.
If Aaron Rodgers can play, I see us winning. Without him, it's a toss up.
I can see the Steelers wanting revenge over SB45, and coming out prepared on all levels.
We need to take them out of their game early, or it could be ugly.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:03:55 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
Both teams are so different then those games. Many of the players arn't on either team now.

If Aaron Rodgers can play, I see us winning. Without him, it's a toss up.

I can see the Steelers wanting revenge over SB45, and coming out prepared on all levels.

We need to take them out of their game early, or it could be ugly.

Quite hypocritical of you to say the teams are different, which is pretty obvious and then say the Steelers want revenge for Super Bowl XLV. Packers only have 25 players from that team on the roster and I am willing to bet the Steelers are not much off that number, not to mention the player primarily responsible for beating them, Aaron Rodgers, is not playing.

So many players aren't on either team now from the Super Bowl too. So Razz Rock On!

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:06:48 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

I still say it will be a point the coach and players that WERE on that team will use as some extra motivation.
You don't think Big Ben will be talking to the "new" guys about that?
I sure would if I was him.
To knock off the Packers and boot them from the playoffs would be some motivation for the guys that WERE in Texas i would think.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:09:40 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

If the Steelers find motivation in that, then it says quite a bit about them as a team and their psyche and I'd feel a lot better about the upcoming game, lol.

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#20 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:26:42 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

All i mean is, use EVERYTHING you can to gain an edge.

When I lost in Ozaukee Idol, I used the 3 people that beat me as an extra self motivation for the next year. I felt I was better then they were, and pushed myself to prove it too myself.
I don't know if it really made a difference, but I know that losing felt HORRIBLE, and I didn't want to repeat that feeling.

I don't know if in pro sports they use anything like that or not, as I've never been a pro athelete.
Maybe i'm totally wrong.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool on 12/20/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#21 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 2:01:40 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

I just hope they let Flynn loose and help him get in a rhythm right out of the gate rather than wait till there is no choice but to rely on him and his arm to bring the team back.

"The train is leaving the station."
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#22 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 3:06:16 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 484
Applause Received: 294

Similar to the Atlanta game, we are playing one of an amazing number of teams that this season were expected to be excellent, and instead, have floundered. The Steelers, like Atlanta also, don't have much to play for - especially freezing their asses off in a far north stadium for the second week in a row.

So even with Flynn instead of Rodgers, we have a better than even chance to beat them.

Prediction: Packers 31 Steelers 17
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:29:55 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 458

Gonna be rooting for The Bengals to beat The Vikings early today.

Bengals win and that will officially eliminate The Steelers from the playoffs.

Don't know if it will make a difference, but couldn't hurt.

Packers ride the momentum of last weeks win today.

Packers 27 Steelers 16.

I'm so confident in Flynn, I picked him up and benched Brady and Palmer in FFL(Pack Attack League).

Edit: Guess I have to root for The browns a 2nd week in a row, Browns win and Steelers are eliminated also.

For some strange reason Steelers need The jets to win out for a chance at a playoff spot.

Message modified by user Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:52:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
nerdmann on 12/22/2013(UTC)
Offline cheeseheads123  
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:11:43 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 120

The Packers have won 13 consecutive regular season games at lambeau played December 1st or later. Lets make it 14!!!!!!!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 12/22/2013(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:21:07 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Im going 27-24 Steelers on a kick to win it at the gun. Ben scares me and this is his type of weather. I see him rushing for 50 yards today. I see shields matched up with Brown, but have no clue how to stop Miller :(
UserPostedImage

Rss Feed