Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:42:14 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 1,284
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 77

Michael David Smith wrote:
Green Bay got bad news on Friday when Aaron Rodgers was ruled out for Sunday's game against the Steelers, but Packers coach Mike McCarthy pointed out that "bad news' isn't the same thing as devastating news. Specifically, McCarthy said everyone in the Packers' locker room believes that they can beat the Steelers on Sunday with...
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 12:57:00 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,888
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,295
Applause Received: 572

The media want to portray this season as "the season of our backup QB position." But it's really the season of our shit sucking run defense.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline sschind  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 1:55:04 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 898
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 386

(and it was a little surprising that a reporter actually asked McCarthy if the Packers could beat the Steelers with Flynn),

A little surprising? I've heard reporters ask some pretty stupid questions but if one actually did ask a question phrased in a way asking Mike McCarthy if he thought the Packers could beat the Steelers with Matt Flynn the guy must be been stupid or stoned or both. That moron should have his press credentials revoked.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/21/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:06:11 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,635
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,835
Applause Received: 1,991

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The media want to portray this season as "the season of our backup QB position." But it's really the season of our shit sucking run defense.


What the hell are you talking about? When Rodgers went down, the Packers were the 5th ranked rushing defense.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dyeah_gb  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:21:27 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 523
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 24

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
What the hell are you talking about? When Rodgers went down, the Packers were the 5th ranked rushing defense.


Isn't that the point? The most noticeable impact of the injury was the complete collapse of the defense in the following two games.

Edit: This may have just been sarcasm in which case i am just slow on the take.

Edited by user Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:05:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/21/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:49:23 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,277
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb Go to Quoted Post
Isn't that the point? The most noticeable impact of the injury was the complete collapse of the defense in the following two games.

Edit: This may have just been sarcasm in which case i am just slow on the take.


Wasn't The most noticeable impact of the injury that the offense couldn't move the ball, and when they did they turned it over?

I'm not giving the defense a pass this season, but this crap about blaming ONLY the defense for The Packers not winning in November is just that CRAP!

The NFL today is all about scoring points!!!!

When a teams offense does not produce points, sooner or later the defense is going to break down.

That's all in the past, all I know is The 2013 Packers have 2 games left in the regular season, they win them and all this lamenting about November will be a faint bad memory.

That's just MHO of course, I tend to try to dwell on the positive(2 game winning streak), and look foward not backward. Laughing
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline dyeah_gb  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:41:58 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 523
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 24

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Wasn't The most noticeable impact of the injury that the offense couldn't move the ball, and when they did they turned it over?

I'm not giving the defense a pass this season, but this crap about blaming ONLY the defense for The Packers not winning in November is just that CRAP!

The NFL today is all about scoring points!!!!

When a teams offense does not produce points, sooner or later the defense is going to break down.

That's all in the past, all I know is The 2013 Packers have 2 games left in the regular season, they win them and all this lamenting about November will be a faint bad memory.

That's just MHO of course, I tend to try to dwell on the positive(2 game winning streak), and look foward not backward. Laughing


It was just strange how the D went from top 5 to bottom 5 right around the time that 12 got the bone. We did however lose our entire LB core at the same time though so maybe not a total coincidence. So damn tired of the injuries.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 9:10:24 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,277
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb Go to Quoted Post
It was just strange how the D went from top 5 to bottom 5 right around the time that 12 got the bone. We did however lose our entire LB core at the same time though so maybe not a total coincidence. So damn tired of the injuries.


Take a look at thr rb's The Packers faced, and how many yards they gave up.

The night Aaron went down, it was Matt Forte, he managed to go over 100, but that is pretty normal for him.

Then The Eagles, well Shady McCoy is having a pretty good year, he is putting up numbers on almost every team.

Next it was The Giants, Defense held them to if not less than 100 it was close.

The real "collapse", didn't come until The Vikings, then the absolute disaster at Detroit.

That would be game 4 and 5 of the 5 games in a 25 day stretch.

I would post numbers, but if I did, the doom and gloom club would accuse me of "statistical masturbation" so I would ask you to go ahead and look up the actual numbers.

Many variables went in to the "collapse", Rodgers was just one, but probably the one with the most effect.

Isn't it peculiar how The Run Defense has seemed to get better( less than 100 yds against Atlanta, around 135 yds against Dallas), when the offense under Matt Flynn finally started to click and The Packers controlled the ball and scored.

Doesn't matter how good or bad the defense has been up until now, what matters is THE NEXT 2 GAMES.

The 2013 season will not be defined untill it is over.

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error



Recent Topics
40m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

58m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

10h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

24-Jul / Random Babble / wpr

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.