Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 8:05:48 PM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 27

What hurts me...

Is that this most likely it. Aaron Rodgers is 30 and getting older. This is the down slope. We don't have a star QB forever. We were spoiled by Brett Favre and then Aaron Rodgers and the chance of getting a third star QB is so rare. We now have Eddie Lacy, we have some great WR, and so on. But what we don't have after years of football is a true stellar defense. We had a brink in 2010, but it died from there thanks to a few key players leaving. We need replacements.

Dom, I believe, makes good calls. I don't believe in our personnel. These blown assignments, these mental errors kill us. And as it kills us it kills our team and its true chance at a Super Bowl.

Alright then, what now? We have at most I'd say 10 years of possibly the best QB of all time. It's time to crack down, it's time to make moves to help us more and more. It's not time to hit panic yet, but it's time to not screw around. Ted, if you see a chance at FA go for it. If you see a key player trade up (you have before, and it worked). This team needs a slap in the ass and it needs a spark

A hunger will emerge from this. A hunger this team has been missing for 4 years.

What heals me... is a very, very hopeful future.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 8:12:15 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,868
Applause Received: 2,044

Every year it's "wait til next year when we are not hurt/injured".

Time to draft bigger stronger men instead of the project wonder boys.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
gotarace on 1/5/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 1/5/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 8:14:50 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,365
Applause Received: 599

The training staff needs to do that "balancing the muscles and joints" thing.

This D lost two starters on the first drive, including arguably the best player they had left on the field, in Sam Shields. But they man'd up all day.

I have no problem with the D's performance.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 8:17:26 PM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 27

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The training staff needs to do that "balancing the muscles and joints" thing.

This D lost two starters on the first drive, including arguably the best player they had left on the field, in Sam Shields. But they man'd up all day.

I have no problem with the D's performance.

Was it the missed interception, poor run defense, or failure to check Colin that you liked the most?
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 1/5/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 8:28:32 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja Go to Quoted Post
Was it the missed interception, poor run defense, or failure to check Colin that you liked the most?

It was the way they played with heart.

People say it's "OK" when the offense shits itself, but we win anyway. I don't.

Today we lost, but the defense played hard, and I don't think they should hang their heads at all.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's whether or not you're conducting yourself the right way. YOU DON'T JUST DO THE RIGHT THING SOME OF THE TIME.

On D, we played our hearts out and got beat. On O, we shit ourselves for the entire first quarter then intermittently for the rest of the game. That running play to Cobb really disgusted me.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 8:30:56 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

If you REALLY wanna know what hurts me the most, it's two things.

1: The consistent LULLS. Especially on offense. Mike out thinks himself. Doesn't know how to get his guys emotionally ready for games.

2: The fluke plays that follow this team. 80% of them go against us. And you can count the Kaepernick runs iin this category, both last year and this year.

3: Injuries too. But that's a whole other topic.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 8:34:50 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
If you REALLY wanna know what hurts me the most, it's two things.

1: The consistent LULLS. Especially on offense. Mike out thinks himself. Doesn't know how to get his guys emotionally ready for games.

2: The fluke plays that follow this team. 80% of them go against us. And you can count the Kaepernick runs iin this category, both last year and this year.

3: Injuries too. But that's a whole other topic.

You remind me of Buzz in Home alone

3 things

A.

&

D.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 9:10:03 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 351

I really didn't expect a win. The injuries
and the fact that Aaron Rodgers missed so much
time made me only hope for a win.
They played hard, but once again in crunch
time the defense couldn't make a big
play to stop the Niners.
And the offense couldn't make a play at
all in the whole 1st quarter.
Disappointing that it was so close, only to
end the same as the last 2 games against
those guys.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 9:21:04 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
I really didn't expect a win. The injuries
and the fact that Aaron Rodgers missed so much
time made me only hope for a win.
They played hard, but once again in crunch
time the defense couldn't make a big
play to stop the Niners.
And the offense couldn't make a play at
all in the whole 1st quarter.
Disappointing that it was so close, only to
end the same as the last 2 games against
those guys.

I expected them to go into a lull, get down and try to rally back. I expected the defense to disappoint in the clutch.

lol
Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 9:36:26 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 1,313

Let's get realistic and concentrate on the fourth quarter. We have the ball 1st and goal on the 8 yard line and run some gimmick play with our slot receiver in the backfield - horribly telegraphed. 2nd and goal from the 10, we roll out Rodgers and only give 2 options to throw to - ball gets thrown away. 3rd and goal, Rodgers scrambles for 5 yards because nobody can get open. We had just run the ball down their throats the whole second half - who calls these shit plays in the red zone?

The last drive for the 49ers, they convert 2 3rd and 10's and two 3rd and shorts. Now the 3rd and shorts are acceptable but not the 3rd and 10's, ever. And we continue to allow these 3rd down conversions which is a major reason we are the 25th overall defense. Did they play hard today, sure, but a championship team does more than play hard. Our defense is far from championship caliber.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 7 applause.
nerdmann on 1/5/2014(UTC), porky88 on 1/5/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 1/5/2014(UTC), Dulak on 1/6/2014(UTC), play2win on 1/6/2014(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 1/6/2014(UTC), Kyle on 1/6/2014(UTC)
Offline rabidgopher04  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 9:37:23 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 110
Applause Received: 126

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja Go to Quoted Post
What hurts me...

Is that this most likely it. Aaron Rodgers is 30 and getting older. This is the down slope. We don't have a star QB forever. We were spoiled by Brett Favre and then Aaron Rodgers and the chance of getting a third star QB is so rare. We now have Eddie Lacy, we have some great WR, and so on. But what we don't have after years of football is a true stellar defense. We had a brink in 2010, but it died from there thanks to a few key players leaving. We need replacements.

Dude, Peyton Manning just had the year of his career in his late 30s. Brady is still in good form. Drew Brees is still a badass at age 34. Rodgers is not on the downside. Truly great QBs can last for a while. We could have 4-9 good years left from Rodgers.

Do you like bacon?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 1/5/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 9:55:49 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Let's get realistic and concentrate on the fourth quarter. We have the ball 1st and goal on the 8 yard line and run some gimmick play with our slot receiver in the backfield - horribly telegraphed. 2nd and goal from the 10, we roll out Rodgers and only give 2 options to throw to - ball gets thrown away. 3rd and goal, Rodgers scrambles for 5 yards because nobody can get open. We had just run the ball down their throats the whole second half - who calls these shit plays in the red zone?

The last drive for the 49ers, they convert 2 3rd and 10's and two 3rd and shorts. Now the 3rd and shorts are acceptable but not the 3rd and 10's, ever. And we continue to allow these 3rd down conversions which is a major reason we are the 25th overall defense. Did they play hard today, sure, but a championship team does more than play hard. Our defense is far from championship caliber.

The D got beat tonight, but they played with heart. They showed up ready to play, they just got out played.

I wish I could say as much about the offense.

Keep in mind, this D lost two starters on the first series. That is in addition to Clay, Hayward and others. I'll take the effort this D put into this game every time.
Offline porky88  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 10:21:42 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 184
Applause Received: 348

If I recall correctly, the Packers ran the same play in week one and Cobb nearly scored on it. You need to anticipate that a good coaching staff like San Francisco is going to prepare their players for it. They read that all the way. Furthermore, Lacy and Starks were both running the ball very well. It was an unnecessary call.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 11:20:13 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

I don't like hearing when people say that we're done. Never gonna win another one because of a bad few seasons in the playoffs.

What the Packers need to do is bring in some fresh new minds to coach this team and replace some players.

Our defense has not been good these past 3 years so I hope Ted wakes up and move on from Dom. Yes it could be on the players, blah blah blah. Not all Doms fault, blah blah blah. If somethings broke fix it. We need to see if something else works cause imo it can't get any worse than it is now. What's there to lose right?

Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 7:33:32 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Poor decisions from Mike McCarthy on our last drive. Failing to put up a TD was horrific, given we had an exceptional running game going very strong. The call for a Cobb run was about as foolish as can be. Proof that he still doesn't know how to call a good running attack. He had all he needed to score the TD.

Add to that, your most important point, we simply are not a championship calibre defense, along with so many key players injured, and there you have it. We do not have the horses to win the race. Until this defense gets about 4 blue chip players on it, and a DC who knows what to do with them, we will continue to fail.

Ted, Mike and Dom share the blame equally in our inability to compete.
Rss Feed