Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mucky Tundra  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:30:46 AM(UTC)
KFFL said:
Green Bay Packers WR James Jones (ribs) was playing through broken ribs. Jones suffered the ...

How'd this fly under the radar?

Edit:

James Jones had two broken ribs

Quote:
James Jones wants to help the community, he wants a new contract to remain in Green Bay and he wanted to win in the playoffs badly. So badly in fact he played with more than just a hurt leg.

Turns out the veteran receiver broke two ribs in the Packers game against Pittsburgh Dec. 22 and was spitting up up blood the next day.

Well that article answered my question.
wpr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:01:14 PM(UTC)
That is a tough break. He still should have caught those two balls he dropped.
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:30:31 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra said: Go to Quoted Post
How'd this fly under the radar?

Edit:

James Jones had two broken ribs

Well that article answered my question.

Well, good for him ...... is that gonna translate into a major hometown discount? I didn't think so hahahaha.

I see Boykin as a BETTER Wide Receiver than James Jones, so if the cost is anything substantial at all to re-sign Jones, I say let him go - similar to Greg Jennings.

Laser Gunns  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:55:08 PM(UTC)
My pain tolerance is not as high as James Jones.
musccy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:02:33 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post
Well, good for him ...... is that gonna translate into a major hometown discount? I didn't think so hahahaha.

I see Boykin as a BETTER Wide Receiver than James Jones, so if the cost is anything substantial at all to re-sign Jones, I say let him go - similar to Greg Jennings.

Agreed. I generally like him, he is a tough S.O.B. but has always has the dropsies and if I'm not mistaken is now 30. We have to pay Jordy and Cobb soon, and like you said, Boykin seems like a younger version of James. I'd still love to have him back, but I really doubt the price will be right.
wpr  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:46:03 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns said: Go to Quoted Post

he got better drugs.
Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:56:18 PM(UTC)
No NFL team wants Packers players because they do not perform in their system like they do in the Packers system.
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 3:49:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
No NFL team wants Packers players because they do not perform in their system like they do in the Packers system.

which is to say, no Aaron Rodgers throwing to them

nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 4:23:42 PM(UTC)
Dude is a warrior who has shown he can be a #1. All Boykin has done is show he can be a possession guy. I bet Ted finds another WR gem in the 3rd this year.

Either way, JJ gets a good offer.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 4:57:56 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns said: Go to Quoted Post

Jones doesn't even know what pain is! I argue with Texas daily, now that's fucking pain!!!!!!

Pretty cool Jones played through the injuries, and I hope he stays in Green Bay on a hometown deal. He learned his lesson a few years ago.
Dulak  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 6:03:28 PM(UTC)
I like JJ - would hate to get rid of him ... he normally does quite well and is much better then boykin.

I do admit he gets the dopsies on occ. esp in cold weather
luigis  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:00:55 PM(UTC)
Dulak said: Go to Quoted Post
I like JJ - would hate to get rid of him ... he normally does quite well and is much better then boykin.

I would love to get stats for our team and specially Jones in domes vs outdoors.
I have the feeling we would promptly cover Lambeau with a gigantic piece of tarp :-)

StoicFire  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:44:53 PM(UTC)

The Vikings want Packer players...

As many as they can get! [grin1]

nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:17:09 PM(UTC)
Dulak said: Go to Quoted Post

He's had problems catching the ball in two situations.

1: Over the shoulder catches. He was always money turning and facing the QB. Over the shoulder catches were his big problem. He's overcome that imo.

2: Catching the ball with broken ribs.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:59:14 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post

1: Over the shoulder catches. He was always money turning and facing the QB. Over the shoulder catches were his big problem. He's overcome that imo.

I tried pheasant hunting one time with broken ribs, couldn't even lift the barrel of the shotgun more than a couple times. Absolutely miserable day - can't imagine playing football with monster trying to break my ribs more. But then again, I'm not being paid a couple mil a year shooting pheasants.

Jones is a good player and should stay a Packer.
cheeseheads123  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:07:39 PM(UTC)
Hopefully his adventure in free agency this year turns out like his first one.
Dulak  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:58:32 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post

lol

I agree - couldnt imagine running as fast as I could then turning to catch a speeding football in subzero temperatures ... those things used to hurt to catch on a nice summer day at the beach.

Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 5:55:36 AM(UTC)

StoicFire said: Go to Quoted Post
The Vikings want Packer players...

As many as they can get! [grin1]

Rockmolder  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:27:12 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123 said: Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully his adventure in free agency this year turns out like his first one.

I don't think he'll get big money in FA, but with how expendable he is for us, I could see him getting at least a bit more somewhere else. Especially if he waits 'till after the draft.

There was a market for a guy like Kevin Walter last year, so there should be something for Jones.
wpr  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:22:31 AM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
I tried pheasant hunting one time with broken ribs, couldn't even lift the barrel of the shotgun more than a couple times. Absolutely miserable day - can't imagine playing football with monster trying to break my ribs more. But then again, I'm not being paid a couple mil a year shooting pheasants.

Jones is a good player and should stay a Packer.

For some reason your hunting story reminded me of the time I bruised my ribs when I was a wrestler in high school. I could hardly breath let alone move. We had a triple dual meet and someone in one of my earlier matches caught me pretty good.

I would never have remembered it except the coach called over one of the girls in my class who was taking a few nursing classes at the local junior college to ask her what her opinion of my injury was. Both she and I were a bit shocked. She didn't know anything. She had barely even finished one semester. The coach had me take my singlet down to my waist so he could show her my ribs. She turned red. I assumed I was blushing too. But hey if she had any ideas I would listen. I still had a match left.

He was wanting to know if my rib was broke so he kept pushing on the spot and asking her what she thought. I think he wanted her to be a real nurse and do a physical exam of the area but she would not touch my ribs at all. She just saying she didn't know what to do. Really that was a lot for him to try and lay on her. Even a RN would not technically be qualified to give medical advise.

They both agree that he should tape me up and send me out on the mat. Hurt like hell but I went back out. I assume I lost I was not that good to begin with. It didn't help I was a few years behind most of the wrestlers in experience.

That girl never spoke to me the rest of the year. I wish I could remember her name so we could laugh about it today.
Rss Feed