Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:11:34 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,035
Applause Received: 1,472

TotalPackers wrote:
Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy just got an invitation to the Pro Bowl. He'll replace Adrian Peterson, who dropped out with an injury.

except for the potential injury risk do we even care? is anyone going to watch the game?

UserPostedImage

Offline sschind  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:47:32 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
except for the potential injury risk do we even care? is anyone going to watch the game?

For as many people that claim not to care about the pro bowl it sure seems to be a big deal when it comes to evaluating players, especially among fans. I don't think its the actual game that matters as much as the honor of being selected for the players and the bragging rights it gives fans.

That seems even more evident given the circus approach they have adopted for this year. It will be interesting to see how it will turn out with the abandonment of the conferences and going with two drafted teams. I wonder how they will decide in future years who will be the coaches. I can't argue with the choices of Rice and Sanders but I hope they change it up every year. Maybe allow the winner to stay and try to defend his title and get a new challenger next year. I could almost see that gaining in popularity.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 1/15/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:56:35 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
For as many people that claim not to care about the pro bowl it sure seems to be a big deal when it comes to evaluating players, especially among fans. I don't think its the actual game that matters as much as the honor of being selected for the players and the bragging rights it gives fans.

That seems even more evident given the circus approach they have adopted for this year. It will be interesting to see how it will turn out with the abandonment of the conferences and going with two drafted teams. I wonder how they will decide in future years who will be the coaches. I can't argue with the choices of Rice and Sanders but I hope they change it up every year. Maybe allow the winner to stay and try to defend his title and get a new challenger next year. I could almost see that gaining in popularity.

good post. people sure do talk about it. Myself included even though I have not watched in at least 5-6 years prob longer. The only trouble I have with the game is the players going at 1/2 speed and mailing in the effort.

That said: 1. I really would hate for anyone, NFC North opponents too, to get injured in an exhibition game. 2. I am glad that a rookie like Lacy gets to take a trip to HA and lay on the beach for a while. It is a nice reward for the year he had. I wouldn't want Aaron or CM3 or Jordy to go. I always laughed with approval when Brett had an "injury" and couldn't make it after he went the first 3-4 times.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:00:57 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I am glad that a rookie like Lacy gets to take a trip to HA and lay on the beach for a while.

Where precisely is "HA" located on a map?
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:23:45 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Where precisely is "HA" located on a map?

precisely 2,558 miles wsw of LA.
Thank you for asking.

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed