Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 12:32:23 PM(UTC)
Darin Gantt said:
Packers assistant coach and Hall of Fame finalist Kevin Greene is leaving the team's coaching staff, the team announced Friday. “I am stepping away from the NFL at this time in order to spend more time with my wife, Tara, and our children, Gavin and Gabrielle,” Greene said in a statement released by the team....
musccy  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 12:35:50 PM(UTC)
so much for all the chatter on here about him becoming D.C.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DarkaneRules  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 12:36:02 PM(UTC)
Well cool guy and a huge blow to the position. I have no doubt Dom and the guys can find a suitable coach but you cannot replace a presence like Greene.
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 12:38:39 PM(UTC)
This is unacceptable! We fans HAVE to step up! This is more damn brainwashing! Proof you want? Read!!

Mike McCarthy said:
Kevin approached me recently to express his desire to step away from coaching so that he could spend more time with his family. On behalf of the entire organization, I want to thank him for all of his contributions and hard work over the past five seasons with the Packers.

play2win  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 12:49:38 PM(UTC)
I wonder if there is more to this than Greene wanting to spend more time with his family. Always thought highly of him and appreciate his contributions in GB.
blueleopard  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 12:54:39 PM(UTC)
Isn't the guy likely on his way to the Hall of Fame this year?
packman82  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 1:07:43 PM(UTC)
Everybody looks up to Wood as being the leader. He's Gone ! Nobodys fucking standing up and rallying the fucking troops. IT IS TIME ! IT IS TIME !
rabidgopher04  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 1:09:23 PM(UTC)
Damn.
wpr  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 1:26:57 PM(UTC)
That's too bad. He brought a real fire to the game. At least he is not going to another team.

I can't blame him for wanting to spend more time with his family. The kids are not going to stay young forever and momma won't look any better than she does today.
shield4life  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 3:29:19 PM(UTC)
It's not like our LB we're amazing ... as a 3-4 scheme D we need to be faster, smarter & stronger.

Except for CM3 which I still think he can improve because he hasn't been that lights out lately there's no one that speaks out. I expected at least Perry would of been a good addition to the linebacker but seems to me that there was lack of development.

A new blood on the defensive side, specially w/ the linebacker core won't hurt. Even tho the DL can't generate the rush, the linebackers haven't done there part either getting to the QB & keep in mind in the 3-4 scheme they are the ones causing havoc

Hopefully the new coordinator will be able to boots the OLB
Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:28:23 AM(UTC)
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:55:42 AM(UTC)
Zero I have been thinking of this for the past day.
steveishere  
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:33:25 AM(UTC)
shield4life said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not like our LB we're amazing ... as a 3-4 scheme D we need to be faster, smarter & stronger.

Except for CM3 which I still think he can improve because he hasn't been that lights out lately there's no one that speaks out. I expected at least Perry would of been a good addition to the linebacker but seems to me that there was lack of development.

A new blood on the defensive side, specially w/ the linebacker core won't hurt. Even tho the DL can't generate the rush, the linebackers haven't done there part either getting to the QB & keep in mind in the 3-4 scheme they are the ones causing havoc

Hopefully the new coordinator will be able to boots the OLB

More like a lack of health. Before he got hurt this year Perry was pass rushing as productively as Matthews and he was looking a lot better than he did last year.

Not that I disagree that some new coaching on the defensive side will help. I kind of wish we could have hired Horton instead of Tennessee.
DakotaT  
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:07:50 PM(UTC)
Can we really view Kevin Greene as a successful coach? It looks as if Perry might be a player, but from what I've witnessed in the last 5 years, we are still 1 player away from having bookend 3-4 OLB's. Now, I know some will blame Ted for this, but the fact still remains that no players given to Greene were coached up to the point that they were at least solid role players. Green Bay's version of the 3-4 is pretty pathetic. To me, there should be more changes with the coaching staff.
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:02:47 PM(UTC)
hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

First thing I noticed when I came on today was THIS. I just knew it - there would be a bunch of know-nothings crying in their beer over this WWF clown. I doubt any position coach is gonna make a major difference. It will be interesting, however, to see if the Packers choose another rah rah loud mouth type, or if they aim for somebody better able to teach some fundamentals like tackling.
steveishere  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:18:10 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post

First thing I noticed when I came on today was THIS. I just knew it - there would be a bunch of know-nothings crying in their beer over this WWF clown. I doubt any position coach is gonna make a major difference. It will be interesting, however, to see if the Packers choose another rah rah loud mouth type, or if they aim for somebody better able to teach some fundamentals like tackling.

and it's no surprise to anyone that you were completely wrong. hahahahahahahahahaha [palm]
thanks Post received 3 applause.
nerdmann  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:11:07 PM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Can we really view Kevin Greene as a successful coach? It looks as if Perry might be a player, but from what I've witnessed in the last 5 years, we are still 1 player away from having bookend 3-4 OLB's. Now, I know some will blame Ted for this, but the fact still remains that no players given to Greene were coached up to the point that they were at least solid role players. Green Bay's version of the 3-4 is pretty pathetic. To me, there should be more changes with the coaching staff.

I thought Greene did wonders with a bunch of these scrubs, like Zombo, Walden, Dez Moses, guys with marginal talent with whom we were able to get by with for a season or two.

In fact if Moses hadn't gotten hurt this preseason, he might have made the team again.
sschind  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:07:23 PM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
and it's no surprise to anyone that you were completely wrong. hahahahahahahahahaha [palm]

Well, he is here so I guess technically he got the know nothing part right.

thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win  
#19 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 11:44:35 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post

"How to Win Friends & Influence People." You should read it.
wpr
wpr  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 12:12:54 PM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
"How to Win Friends & Influence People." You should read it.

That won't work. There is also believing and acting on what is read.
Rss Feed