Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mucky Tundra  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:04:34 AM(UTC)
JSOnline said:
The Packers’ safeties recorded no interceptions in 2013, which should make addressing the position a top priority this off-season.

Whoops, didn't even to make this a topic but accidentally clicked the wrong button when going for the link lol
play2win  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 8:49:52 AM(UTC)
I like LSU's Craig Loston at Safety. Would not mind landing a player like that R2 or R3… There are SO many players who can help this team, at multiple positions. Our needs are as great on D as they were last season, and the season before. Not a very good endorsement of what Ted is doing, but maybe he hits this year. And, maybe, just maybe, they can stay healthy enough, and will be properly developed into star players...
PackFanWithTwins  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 2:04:38 PM(UTC)
I wouldn't scream if we draft another S, but it is still to early to tell with what we have on the roster with MD, Richardson. If we think back it took both Collins and Sharper before him 3 or 4 years before they figured out the position also, and it is even more difficult today with the rules. Can't just come up and knock the stuffing out of the receiver.
DarkaneRules  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:57:57 AM(UTC)
Not noticing anyone jumping out at safety right now. We'll see how things shake up. Think there be something better on the front 7 out there first.
play2win  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:51:42 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
Not noticing anyone jumping out at safety right now. We'll see how things shake up. Think there be something better on the front 7 out there first.

It does look like quality Safeties can be had in rounds 2 & 3. If we do draft one, I hope he has the goods!

Hitting on a NT, DE or OLB may be best in the 1st round. WR could play in here too. There are a couple I could see Ted jumping on if they are there.

With the very real possibility Raji has seen his last days in a Packers uniform, and possibly Pick, we could sorely use a good NT early, and a DE.

This is exactly why I would rather see S addressed via FA. A proven vet back there would be huge for us this season, as well as beyond. A rookie, even if he's drafted R1, will still have to go through the NFL learning curve. Nick Collins took a couple of years to be great. Sharper took a while too. LeRoy Butler was drafted in 1990, played CB for a couple of years, turned All-Pro in his 4th season as our SS.
nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:52:44 AM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
It does look like quality Safeties can be had in rounds 2 & 3. If we do draft one, I hope he has the goods!

Hitting on a NT, DE or OLB may be best in the 1st round. WR could play in here too. There are a couple I could see Ted jumping on if they are there.

With the very real possibility Raji has seen his last days in a Packers uniform, and possibly Pick, we could sorely use a good NT early, and a DE.

This is exactly why I would rather see S addressed via FA. A proven vet back there would be huge for us this season, as well as beyond. A rookie, even if he's drafted R1, will still have to go through the NFL learning curve. Nick Collins took a couple of years to be great. Sharper took a while too. LeRoy Butler was drafted in 1990, played CB for a couple of years, turned All-Pro in his 4th season as our SS.

NT, OLB, TE.
DarkaneRules  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:03:53 PM(UTC)
I'm almost there with you nerdman, but I put ILB before TE.
yooperfan  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 3:24:13 PM(UTC)
I can see a tight end in the first round if Finley can't come back.
I could also see Ted trading out of the 1st which might be the best option.
TheKanataThrilla  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:03:46 PM(UTC)
yooperfan said: Go to Quoted Post
I can see a tight end in the first round if Finley can't come back.
I could also see Ted trading out of the 1st which might be the best option.

I used to fall into that category of wanting Ted to trade back and accumulate picks, but really all it has seemed to have done is to allow us to draft a bunch of players that are good enough for other teams, but not our own.
Mucky Tundra  
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:42:36 PM(UTC)
Unless Mosley, Nix, Tuitt, Hageman, Clinton-Dix, Ebron, Amaro etc are all gone and there's no first round talent left, I think they need to just stand pat at 21.
luigis  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:05:34 PM(UTC)
I really like Ed Reynolds, It would be difficult to judge if he can be available at the 2nd round.

wpr  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:53:12 PM(UTC)
luigis said: Go to Quoted Post
I really like Ed Reynolds, It would be difficult to judge if he can be available at the 2nd round.

I can't see him being gone before the GB pick in the second. I like his size.

Walter's has him 2-3 round. #6 overall S.
CBS #3 FS. #62 overall player and 2nd round talent.
Drafttek #57 (and falling) overall. Still #3 FS.
SB Nation #169 overall.
Just out of the top 32 with Yahoo.com.
luigis  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:12:43 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
I can't see him being gone before the GB pick in the second. I like his size.

Walter's has him 2-3 round. #6 overall S.
CBS #3 FS. #62 overall player and 2nd round talent.
Drafttek #57 (and falling) overall. Still #3 FS.
SB Nation #169 overall.
Just out of the top 32 with Yahoo.com.

He comes from a football family, has great ball awareness and for his age he can read the play very well. He can certainly become a defensive QB and lead a secondary after a few years of development.

I hope he is available in the 2nd round I would love that pick.

play2win  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:18:42 PM(UTC)
luigis said: Go to Quoted Post

I like Ed Reynolds too, and I think he could last into R2.

I also like SS Ahmad Dixon out of Baylor. Kid has that sense about him to go to the ball. Willing tackler too.

Kenny Ladler out of Vandy and Terrance Brooks from FSU, along with Calvin Pryor out of Louisville make this a pretty fine group.

I would be happy with any of these players at Safety in this draft.
luigis  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:36:58 PM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
I like Ed Reynolds too, and I think he could last into R2.

I also like SS Ahmad Dixon out of Baylor. Kid has that sense about him to go to the ball. Willing tackler too.

Kenny Ladler out of Vandy and Terrance Brooks from FSU, along with Calvin Pryor out of Louisville make this a pretty fine group.

I would be happy with any of these players at Safety in this draft.

I like Dixon too. He's certainly not afraid to tackle.

Rss Feed