Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 2:52:46 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,304
Applause Received: 577

Darin Gantt wrote:
Packers safety Nick Collins had more than 140 characters worth of information on his possible comeback Wednesday, and how it could impact others in the same position. He followed up on a series of tweets by telling Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com that he was ready and willing to risk it to play again, after being...
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:15:45 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,001

With what's being reported about Finley loving the idea of playing for Seahawks or Giants... I doubt he's back. He's thinking grass is greener already.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
musccy on 2/5/2014(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:27:32 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

I really don't give a damn if Finley is back, especially for the money he is apparently expecting. Collins, however, assuming he could still be anything like he was before, would really be a welcome addition.

That brings us to the question: Is Nick Collins a blatant liar - saying that a lot of other teams' doctors cleared him, and the Packers doctor was basically the only one to reject him? OR Is the Packers doctor - and by proxy his bosses - Thompson and Murphy acting just plain stubbornly irrational? There really wouldn't seem to be any other possibilities, considering the certainty in Collins words.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:53:17 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I really don't give a damn if Finley is back, especially for the money he is apparently expecting. Collins, however, assuming he could still be anything like he was before, would really be a welcome addition.

That brings us to the question: Is Nick Collins a blatant liar - saying that a lot of other teams' doctors cleared him, and the Packers doctor was basically the only one to reject him? OR Is the Packers doctor - and by proxy his bosses - Thompson and Murphy acting just plain stubbornly irrational? There really wouldn't seem to be any other possibilities, considering the certainty in Collins words.

McKenzie has always been uber-conservative like that.

He doesn't ever want to be the guy who let a player go back out on the field, who subsequently got paralyzed. Most other doctors probably don't want that happen to them, after a player has already been rejected by some other team's doctor.

What happened to Collins was a complete waste. imo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online musccy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:11:38 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 149

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
With what's being reported about Finley loving the idea of playing for Seahawks or Giants... I doubt he's back. He's thinking grass is greener already.

This was one of the comments from an NYG fan on profootballtalk today.

Quote:
nygf says:
Feb 4, 2014 8:46 PM
Great start. Once Jermichael is signed, all we gotta do is figure out who’s going to play TE for the other 8-9 games.

He's been the tease of all teases ever since the end of the '09 season.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:56:42 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
McKenzie has always been uber-conservative like that.

He doesn't ever want to be the guy who let a player go back out on the field, who subsequently got paralyzed. Most other doctors probably don't want that happen to them, after a player has already been rejected by some other team's doctor.

What happened to Collins was a complete waste. imo.

So you believe Collins told the truth, and the good doctor is a stubborn ass?

Not to get political, but I really hate when the word "conservative" is used to mean ........ stupid.

Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 8:12:27 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Not to get political, but I really hate when the word "conservative" is used to mean ........ stupid.

Ironic, how the new word for stupid is conservative - with a picture of the Mount Rushmore of stupidity for illustration: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Eric Cantor, and Paul Ryan.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:31:54 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
This was one of the comments from an NYG fan on profootballtalk today.

He's been the tease of all teases ever since the end of the '09 season.

Quote:
nygf says:
Feb 4, 2014 8:46 PM
Great start. Once Jermichael is signed, all we gotta do is figure out who’s going to play TE for the other 8-9 games.

What a great, great find musccy!!!!! Holy crap! Those are my feelings on the subject of Finley to a T.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:41:18 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

I would have to say, Collins is misremembering. If his claim that the Packers doctor was the only one that wouldn't clear him, than why was is he not playing anywhere else? The Packers released him, which means he was free to go to any of those other teams and let those doctors clear him to play.

While I am not a doctor nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express, I would apprehensive to bring a player back with a neck injury like that, especially at a position where hitting is so much a part of the job.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
pokethebear on 2/6/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:54:56 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

So you believe Collins told the truth, and the good doctor is a stubborn ass?

No, I believe the surgery was unnecessary.

It also seemed to me at the time that the doctor was less than forthright about the surgery.

Although I also recall hearing that the surgeon who actually operated, cleared him.
Offline pokethebear  
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:02:57 AM(UTC)
pokethebear

United States

Applause Given: 51
Applause Received: 12

PFWT, that is exactly how I feel about Collins. If there were any way at all for him to continue playing the Packers would never have let him walk. It was a damned shame, but it just wasn't to be.

As far as Finley is concerned, I feel that he never lived up to all the hype. For every big play he made he had just as many drops. And that was when he could get on the field. The potential is still there, but the cost will prove to be to great to bear.

I say use the money to resign Jones and keep our WR corp intact. This will be beneficial to any TE whether it is Quarless, Bostic or someone that is drafted this year. Imagine if we have a rash of injuries to the receivers again next year.

Go Packers!
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:10:32 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I would have to say, Collins is misremembering. If his claim that the Packers doctor was the only one that wouldn't clear him, than why was is he not playing anywhere else? The Packers released him, which means he was free to go to any of those other teams and let those doctors clear him to play.

While I am not a doctor nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express, I would apprehensive to bring a player back with a neck injury like that, especially at a position where hitting is so much a part of the job.

I'm pretty sure he is not talking about several years ago, but clearing or rejecting in the present, so I doubt he is misremembering.

Why would you be apprehensive - from the TEAM point of view - if the LAWYERS (f--- the doctors) say the team is protected?

Offline Dulak  
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:49:01 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 94

Originally Posted by: pokethebear Go to Quoted Post
PFWT, that is exactly how I feel about Collins. If there were any way at all for him to continue playing the Packers would never have let him walk. It was a damned shame, but it just wasn't to be.

As far as Finley is concerned, I feel that he never lived up to all the hype. For every big play he made he had just as many drops. And that was when he could get on the field. The potential is still there, but the cost will prove to be to great to bear.

I say use the money to resign Jones and keep our WR corp intact. This will be beneficial to any TE whether it is Quarless, Bostic or someone that is drafted this year. Imagine if we have a rash of injuries to the receivers again next year.

Go Packers!

Whats sad is - I saw a big change in finley this year - he bulked up; and looked much better on the field. I started to think he might turn out to be a vernon davis type ...
and then the injury.

I dont know if the packers should try to keep him or not. Its one thing having a neck injury and another neck surgery ... btw how is the surgery supposed to help the injury? - did it help to correct the problem? did it help with the underlying cause? ... same with collins.

GL to finley - if he 'clears' our 'doctor' I hope he is on our team (at the right price).

pokethebear on 2/9/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 9:24:39 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
Whats sad is - I saw a big change in finley this year - he bulked up; and looked much better on the field. I started to think he might turn out to be a vernon davis type ...
and then the injury.

I dont know if the packers should try to keep him or not. Its one thing having a neck injury and another neck surgery ... btw how is the surgery supposed to help the injury? - did it help to correct the problem? did it help with the underlying cause? ... same with collins.

GL to finley - if he 'clears' our 'doctor' I hope he is on our team (at the right price).

I saw the change for the positive last season with Finley too, but I can't help but think "too little, too late." He will be wanting the moon in terms of salary, and even bargained down, I think giving him a contract is too great a risk. I'd rather give the cash to a guy like Jones as was mentioned earlier by pokethebear.
pokethebear on 2/11/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 9:38:26 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I saw the change for the positive last season with Finley too, but I can't help but think "too little, too late." He will be wanting the moon in terms of salary, and even bargained down, I think giving him a contract is too great a risk. I'd rather give the cash to a guy like Jones as was mentioned earlier by pokethebear.

Ever since Aaron started meeting with him the night before games to go over the game plan with him, he's gotten more with the program. He's shut his pie hole too.

But he still thinks he's better than he is and will still demand more money than he's worth.
pokethebear on 2/11/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed