Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packers_Finland  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 5:05:13 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45
Don't kill me for this, I'm not even bashing, but Colin Cole played a hell of a game. Clearly much better than Pickett. But, the things is, Jolly didn't play too good either.
Offline Bigbyfan  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 5:09:24 PM(UTC)

Rank: Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 115
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Don't kill me for this, I'm not even bashing, but Colin Cole played a hell of a game. Clearly much better than Pickett. But, the things is, Jolly didn't play too good either.


You're right Cole had a better game than both of them. I do think Jolly was stout against the run, however.
Offline Pack93z  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 5:14:45 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

Rank: Select Member
United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin
Applause Given: 410
Applause Received: 1,123
I guess I am lost.. because I didn't see much open in the middle of the Packer defense yesterday.. I think all three of them had solid games.. Pickett will never be a QB terror.. not his game.. but I didn't see him give much up yesterday.. held the double team and played stout.. along with Jolly.

With Williams gone.. we haven't found anyone to push the center of the pocket yet... maybe Harrell will do it. Cole was a pretty rested soul entering the game yesterday afternoon.. I think that helped him as well.
Offline zombieslayer  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 6:15:37 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Don't kill me for this, I'm not even bashing, but Colin Cole played a hell of a game. Clearly much better than Pickett. But, the things is, Jolly didn't play too good either.


Laughing

Cole was blazing yesterday! I couldn't believe a big guy can run that fast. I'd hate to have someone that big running at me at that speed, that's fo shizzle.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 6:21:55 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio
Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 549
It's amazing how much better The defense looked yesterday when they actually had time to rest up between series.

Pack needs to do the same this week, control time of possesion, keep that INDy Offense of the field.
Offline zombieslayer  
#21 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 7:43:07 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's amazing how much better The defense looked yesterday when they actually had time to rest up between series.

Pack needs to do the same this week, control time of possesion, keep that INDy Offense of the field.


Yeah, this is something I've been saying for a few weeks now.

It's not our D that's killing us. It's our O's lack of first downs that's killing our D.

Keep our O on the field, give our D some rest, and we will look much, much better defensively.
Offline beast  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 7:50:24 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 327
Applause Received: 373
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us. It's our O's lack of first downs that's killing our D.


Ding Ding Din we got a winner (sorry no prise)

But this is why I want Tony Gonzalez so much.

There is only a hand full of guys that can beat Jennings one on on for a game.

And there is only a hand full of guys that can beat Gonzalez one on on for a game.

And I'm not sure if any team has both a guy that can stop Jennings, and one that can stop Gonzalez.

Throw Driver, Nelson (or a health Jones), and Ryan Grant in there and the Packers should have a lot of choices of what to do.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us.


Also the D is killing us some but that's mainly due to injuries....

We need Bigby back with a healthy Rouse, and it would be nice if all the DL could get healthy and stop the run.
Offline zombieslayer  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 8:06:47 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us. It's our O's lack of first downs that's killing our D.


Ding Ding Din we got a winner (sorry no prise)

But this is why I want Tony Gonzalez so much.

There is only a hand full of guys that can beat Jennings one on on for a game.

And there is only a hand full of guys that can beat Gonzalez one on on for a game.

And I'm not sure if any team has both a guy that can stop Jennings, and one that can stop Gonzalez.

Throw Driver, Nelson (or a health Jones), and Ryan Grant in there and the Packers should have a lot of choices of what to do.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us.


Also the D is killing us some but that's mainly due to injuries....

We need Bigby back with a healthy Rouse, and it would be nice if all the DL could get healthy and stop the run.


That's the thing. Open up the middle with Gonzalez, and you start seeing more first downs. You start seeing more first downs, the D gets to rest. The D gets to rest, you see less injuries on defense. You see less injuries on defense, you start to see why our D was ranked #6 in the NFL last year again.
Offline beast  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 8:18:25 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 327
Applause Received: 373
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us. It's our O's lack of first downs that's killing our D.


Ding Ding Din we got a winner (sorry no prise)

But this is why I want Tony Gonzalez so much.

There is only a hand full of guys that can beat Jennings one on on for a game.

And there is only a hand full of guys that can beat Gonzalez one on on for a game.

And I'm not sure if any team has both a guy that can stop Jennings, and one that can stop Gonzalez.

Throw Driver, Nelson (or a health Jones), and Ryan Grant in there and the Packers should have a lot of choices of what to do.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us.


Also the D is killing us some but that's mainly due to injuries....

We need Bigby back with a healthy Rouse, and it would be nice if all the DL could get healthy and stop the run.


That's the thing. Open up the middle with Gonzalez, and you start seeing more first downs. You start seeing more first downs, the D gets to rest. The D gets to rest, you see less injuries on defense. You see less injuries on defense, you start to see why our D was ranked #6 in the NFL last year again.


Also all that also means is more points for the Packers offense, and less points for the other teams which equals more wins.
Offline mxchamp004  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 9:35:35 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Any word on Bigby?
Offline bozz_2006  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:17:21 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 7/15/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14
any word on Bigby?
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : why not?
Zero2Cool (13h) : Yes sir, but you can't ignore admins.
gbguy20 (15h) : is there an ignore feature on this forum?
Smokey (15-May) : Rest in Peace B.B.King ! The thrill will never leave us !
Cheesey (14-May) : I really enjoyed the "Mr. Rodgers" sweater he wore!
Cheesey (14-May) : I can't believe Aaron missed the "Harley/Davidson" question!
gbguy20 (13-May) : if he lost i blame ted thompson
gbguy20 (13-May) : did he win or did his defense let him down
Smokey (12-May) : Aaron Rodgers on Jeopardy tonight. Don't miss it !
Zero2Cool (12-May) : boomies boom!!
gbguy20 (11-May) : good evening
Zero2Cool (10-May) : Start a topic in feedback explaining how to produce this error please. No shout about it.
Smokey (10-May) : I'd like to report that your reporting system won't allow reports. A catch 22 reporting sys.
Smokey (9-May) : There are dozens of WR list for 2015 available or will be. Fantasy Draft more than 3 months away.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : He wants to get the upper hand in his league is all.
greengold (9-May) : Smokey, are you drunk?
Smokey (9-May) : Post your TOP 20 Fantasy Receivers today !
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Today's Birthdays: voiceofreason (30)
greengold (7-May) : La'el Collins to Cowboys on UDFA deal. That's one way to get around the salary cap!!!
TheKanataThrilla (7-May) : La'el Collins signs with the Cowboys
Smokey (7-May) : Unitas would have been 82 today, it was my good fortune to see him play. Those Unitas / Starr matchups were golden.
Zero2Cool (6-May) : woohoo
gbguy20 (5-May) : i think its fixed now :)
Zero2Cool (5-May) : lol
gbguy20 (4-May) : century link is a bunch of idiots
gbguy20 (4-May) : definitely my end.
gbguy20 (4-May) : *to get my last post to go thru
gbguy20 (4-May) : Is the problem with this site on my end or your end? Everytime I try to post the "Connection resets" it took me 20 minutes to get my lost t
Zero2Cool (4-May) : Nice, thanks!
gbguy20 (4-May) : no i've seen it the right way all along. I just wanted to let you know it looks good.
Zero2Cool (4-May) : thanks btw
Zero2Cool (4-May) : Did you just try it on larger resolution now? Hit CTRL F5, tweaked something earlier lol
gbguy20 (4-May) : the site looks fantastic on a larger resolution. zero, you have done a fantastic job with this site.
Zero2Cool (4-May) : Probably 1024x768 which is fine, I was just curious.
Zero2Cool (4-May) : Oh, so you only see one column, instead of three? You have your screen set to small resolution.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

2015 Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 7:30 PM
SEAHAWKS
Monday, Sep 28 @ 7:30 PM
CHIEFS
Sunday, Oct 4 @ 3:25 PM
at 49ers
Sunday, Oct 11 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
CHARGERS
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Broncos
Sunday, Nov 8 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Thursday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
BEARS
Thursday, Dec 3 @ 7:25 PM
at Lions
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 3:05 PM
at Raiders
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 3:25 PM
at Cardinals
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS

Recent Topics
4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere


Tweeter