Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Laser Gunns  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 11:50:42 AM(UTC)
I think it might happen.
yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 12:30:52 PM(UTC)
I'm fine with moving on without him.
beast  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:51:45 PM(UTC)

Question what's the price...

I'm fine either way depending on the price.

Finley has great potential, but just plays good to very good level.

I don't want to play for his great potential if he's only bring good to very good level play.

Either way I hope they draft a new TE, not impressed with the guys after Quarless and a couple years from now that TE hopefully be ready (if not sooner).
danreb  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 2:09:23 PM(UTC)
I want him back unless we sign Daniels.
VinceLambeauStarr  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 2:31:36 PM(UTC)
To be honest, no. I think, on his day, Finley is an absolute monster but there are too many reasons why.

1) Salary expectations - I would be very surprised if him and Ted are on the same page value wise, even on a one year deal like Fatass.
2) Hands - I would very much like someone very sure handed, less athleticism or not.
3) Neck Injury - Scared the shit out of me when it happened, and I wouldn't want to see him get hurt again, medical clearance be damned.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 5:04:07 PM(UTC)
Only sign him to an incentive laden deal for this season, put him on the PUP list until game 9 and let him rehab that neck. He more than likely is not ready to play yet.

Any injured player has the right to come back and prove himself. It isn't like Finley is a poor man, he's made good coin the last few seasons. Both parties should get some insurance on any contract. And after Finley proves he's healthy, pay him top five TE money!
wpr  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 5:16:49 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns said: Go to Quoted Post
I think it might happen.

wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
oh common now. It will never happen. Ted won't part with the bucks. Who are you kidding young man?

Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 5:42:01 PM(UTC)
Assuming Jermichael Finley is at no more risk than prior to the injury, ink him for sure.
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:09:48 PM(UTC)
Put me down as a "no".

Finley has been too inconsistent. He only shaped up performance-wise and attitude-wise in his contract season.

Getting him back now, in addition to probably costing WAY too much (anything more than Quarless gets would be WAY too much), would stunt the progress of Quarless, Bostick, and maybe Stoneburner.
buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 10:18:33 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post
Put me down as a "no".

Finley has been too inconsistent. He only shaped up performance-wise and attitude-wise in his contract season.

Getting him back now, in addition to probably costing WAY too much (anything more than Quarless gets would be WAY too much), would stunt the progress of Quarless, Bostick, and maybe Stoneburner.

Almost certain now that The Packers will soon sign Finley.

For some reason Ted Thompson just loves to ruffle Texas' feathers.

[wasntme]

When/if Finley is cleared, he is still the most talented TE on the roster.

Quarless will be his solid self, another year away from the injury, his blocking is only going to get better as his knee gets stronger.

Bostick and Stoneburner can only benefit by getting in another year working on Special teams and not being forced into the starting lineup.

Give these guys time to develope if possible.

Ryan Taylor still around, Special teams ace,(need those ST aces)!!

That would be 5 TE's.

The norm as of lately,

Bringing Finley back would maybe change draft strategy.

Ted might look for a project TE to stash on the PS.

No Finley, he is probably looking for a TE in 2nd or 3rd rnd, a guy who could maybe play if forced due to injuries.
nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:09:22 AM(UTC)
Finley won't be cleared, and he's TERRIFIED of the Packers' team doctor.

No way he comes within 100 miles of Green Bay, unless he's playing an away game.
DarkaneRules  
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:14:48 AM(UTC)
I will say no but someone has to step up in the red zone offense.
dhazer  
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:25:42 AM(UTC)
I will say NO just because Ted Thompson will not take the chance of one more neck injury. Plus I like Bostick at TE I think he will be your typical mismatch for the defense.
cheeseheads123  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:45:38 AM(UTC)
All depending on his health and price I would welcome him back with open arms. He was fantastic last season.
RainX  
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 11:53:39 AM(UTC)
Given the options, I'd rather sign Daniels or stand pat and/or draft another TE. he's coming off two pretty serious injuries, even despite his age, I think there are better options.
The_Green_Ninja  
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:36:17 PM(UTC)
Do you let your ex come back to you after she flirt like crazy with another guy? I mean, you even saw a hickie on her neck.

I guess it depends how much you love her.

Wait, John Elway was wrong. Free Agency isn't like dating at all. Or wait... is it?
PackFanWithTwins  
#17 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 6:37:47 AM(UTC)
I'd rather use any money that would pay for Finley and Bring James Jones back instead.
sschind  
#18 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 8:33:36 AM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja said: Go to Quoted Post
Do you let your ex come back to you after she flirt like crazy with another guy? I mean, you even saw a hickie on her neck.

Wait, John Elway was wrong. Free Agency isn't like dating at all. Or wait... is it?

You obviously don't love her very much since you gave her a good reason to go out and flirt with the other guy in the first place.

the girl wants to play and you don't want to play with her so she needs to find someone else to play with. Can you blame her.

TengoJuego  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 4:33:13 PM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja said: Go to Quoted Post

sschind said: Go to Quoted Post
You obviously don't love her very much since you gave her a good reason to go out and flirt with the other guy in the first place.

the girl wants to play and you don't want to play with her so she needs to find someone else to play with. Can you blame her.

LOL! This analogy went further than I expected.

I don't know. I trust the Packers to protect themselves from his injury, should he re-sign. I'd like to see Bostick and Quarless going forward opposed to; can Finley live up to his potential, while staying healthy? And that's been his story for at least the last couple seasons. It's a tired story, at this point.
nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 8:15:00 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego said: Go to Quoted Post
LOL! This analogy went further than I expected.

I don't know. I trust the Packers to protect themselves from his injury, should he re-sign. I'd like to see Bostick and Quarless going forward opposed to; can Finley live up to his potential, while staying healthy? And that's been his story for at least the last couple seasons. It's a tired story, at this point.

Finley's had numerous chances to shut his pie hole and man up.
Rss Feed