Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline OlHoss1884  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:35:03 AM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 143

It's always difficult to predict the draft when we're picking so late again, but I am going to guess it will be Xavier Su'a Filo, OG.

He's the highest rated interior lineman in the draft, can play OG or OT, and none of the mocks show anyone picking him earlier.

I am guessing by pick 21 he'll be as high on TT's board as anyone, he'll fill a need and I would guess Ted Thompson will take the best OL over the 3rd best Safety.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Sponsor
Offline yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:39:08 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 525
Applause Received: 243

Oh Hoss, I hope not.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 3/19/2014(UTC), wpr on 3/19/2014(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:06:34 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 212

I don't think so.

Of all the mock's I have seen one thing is in common and that is Dix, Pryor, or Mosely are still on the board at #21. IF this does not turn out to be the case and all three do get picked ahead of us then there's more than a good chance that a really good player has slipped down. Someone better than Su'a Filo that most mocks don't pick before late 1st round at best.

The teams often mentioned that could take a Safety are the Rams at #13 and the Bears at #14. Personally, I think we find out that in a deep draft, with all the talent out there, this is too early to go Safety. I see need having to override BPA to an extreme. There's going to be four or Five QB's going before these two teams pick so there will be some STUDS at other positions available.

I predict either Dix or Mosely is there at #21. Now what Ted Thompson does with that is a whole different ball game. All I can say is if my prediction holds true and one of these two are there and Ted Thompson doesn't pull the trigger he would be holding true to the BPA concept...and he better damn well turn out right on it.

"The train is leaving the station."
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:32:29 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

I've predicted that Ted would take a C, high in this draft.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:36:20 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

I don't think it will be any O-Lineman in the first round, and I doubt they take a Center the first day if at all.

The fact that Ted did not get a Safety in free agency pretty much seals the deal that he will draft one in the first round. The fact that Dix and Pryor were available in those mock drafts is good news. I think I like Pryor more than Dix, but either would be good - or Mosely too, but the ILB need is less immediate.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:52:14 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I don't think it will be any O-Lineman in the first round, and I doubt they take a Center the first day if at all.

The fact that Ted did not get a Safety in free agency pretty much seals the deal that he will draft one in the first round. The fact that Dix and Pryor were available in those mock drafts is good news. I think I like Pryor more than Dix, but either would be good - or Mosely too, but the ILB need is less immediate.

i'll agree with you. but i just want to point out the first round is the only round on the first day of the draft.
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 3/19/2014(UTC)
Offline Scuba_Steve747  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:59:24 AM(UTC)
Scuba_Steve747

Applause Received: 10

I've watched a bit of Calvin Pryor and I like what I see. A hard-hitting safety with great hands. I've also watched Mosely and he looks impressive. Chris Borland might be the best bet for ILB and he's projected to go in the second or third round.
blank
wpr on 3/19/2014(UTC)
Offline Laser Gunns  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:04:06 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 218

We've got IMO one of the best guard combos in the league.

Why mess with it? Especially with Lang's contract, he will not be on the bench.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline OlHoss1884  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:09:47 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 143

I would much prefer Dix or Pryor, but I do not believe either will be on the board at 21. I have seen mocks predicting Nix the DT fro Notre Dame as well, but I think they'll go interior line for my reasoning above.
Ted Thompson consistently drafts best available, not necessarily by need, so I don't see them grabbing a DT or OT or even S if the best 2 or 3 are off the board at those spots as they are expected to be.

To be honest I would love to trade up and grab Pryor but Ted Thompson likes to keep all his later picks.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:19:53 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
i'll agree with you. but i just want to point out the first round is the only round on the first day of the draft.

Yeah, I forgot about that prime time first round thing hahahaha. OK, no center the first two days.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Scuba_Steve747  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:26:16 PM(UTC)
Scuba_Steve747

Applause Received: 10

How about trading back if Mosely, Pryor, Dix and/or Nix are all taken? Take Jimmie Ward and stock up on picks in a draft that's very deep. Aaron Donald also intrigues me esepcially if we are going to play a multi-D.
blank
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 3/19/2014(UTC), OlHoss1884 on 3/19/2014(UTC)
Offline porky88  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:18:42 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 179
Applause Received: 336

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
He's the highest rated interior lineman in the draft, can play OG or OT, and none of the mocks show anyone picking him earlier.

David Yankey may have something to say about that.

The odds of Pryor, Clinton-Dix, Mosley, Nix, or even Ebron all being off the board by the time Green Bay picks is slim.
wpr on 3/19/2014(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:29:01 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 191

I say we trade back to early 2nd and grab borland and a safety later
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline sschind  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:55:18 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 101
Applause Received: 390

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post

That's one thing I look for when I look at mock drafts. Since I don't know these guys from Adam I rely on the experts to inform me.

If I see one expert predicting a player that several other experts have going to teams before the Packers I think "OK, this guy might not be such a bad pick. Lots of guys have him going before the Packers pick at 21"

If I see a player that no one predicts will go before the Packers pick I can't help but wonder why. Is he a big reach at #21. Sometimes I'll look and see a bunch of experts listing him 2 or 3 or 4 places behind and think "OK, that's not so bad. Someone has to take him and if they would take him at 24 or 25 or 26 maybe 21 isn't so bad"

Obviously an interior lineman isn't usually that high on anyone's board so it makes it a little more difficult to use my approach than say with a skill position player or a D- lineman or D back but it works for me.

Usually however I just wait until Ted makes the pick and hope he hits one out of the park. In truth its all we really can do anyway.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
OlHoss1884 on 3/19/2014(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 4:06:16 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Hyde is already a better safety prospect than either of those Prior or Dix. A third round safety maybe. I think we take a TE or WR in the first round if one falls. We're going to have a pass rush this season and our safeties are not going to look nearly as bad as last year.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed