Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhazer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:06:43 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 204

This is getting really bad now

vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said dunking over the goalpost crossbar will be penalized starting in the 2014 season. "We grandfathered in some, the Lambeau Leap and things like that. But dunking will come out," Blandino said. "Using the ball as a prop or any object as a prop, whether that's the goal post, the crossbar, that will come out and that will be a foul next season."

Are you fricken kidding me what is wrong with the dunk, next they will take away the spike and the belt.

Message modified by moderator Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:38:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:34:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

The problem with the goalpost dunk is there was a game that was delayed because they had to adjust the level of the goal post.

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:40:19 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

This is actually one of those celebration penalties that doesn't bother me. Do something that isn't going to require someone to come out with a ladder to fix the shit u broke.

Get rid of the other celebration penalties.
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 3/25/2014(UTC)
Online mi_keys  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:03:35 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 227
Applause Received: 359

I don't know, I thought it was pretty funny when Graham bent the goalpost. And hey, it was just one more excuse to take a commercial break!
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:01:50 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

I can understand stopping the goalpost dunk, or more accurately the dunk failure.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:22:56 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

never liked the goal post dunk.
Always liked Vince's comment
Quote:
When you go into the endzone, act like you've been there before.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 2 applause.
yooperfan on 3/25/2014(UTC), Wade on 3/26/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:25:01 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 667

Goodell is a douchebag. That's not gonna change anytime soon.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 3/26/2014(UTC)
Offline Laser Gunns  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:31:50 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

Barry Sanders did it best.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
thanks Post received 5 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/26/2014(UTC), dingus on 3/26/2014(UTC), Wade on 3/26/2014(UTC), musccy on 3/26/2014(UTC), dfosterf on 3/26/2014(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:25:02 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
I don't know, I thought it was pretty funny when Graham bent the goalpost. And hey, it was just one more excuse to take a commercial break!

Jimmy Graham ‏@TheJimmyGraham 22h

I guess I'll have to lead the @nfl in penalties next year! #funpolice pic.twitter.com/ruX1TBarzC
UserPostedImage

Offline dhazer  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:43:43 PM(UTC)
dhazer

I miss this stuff

edit- fixed link. It had "https" instead of "http".
(wpr)

Message modified by moderator Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:16:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:38:53 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 430

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns Go to Quoted Post
Barry Sanders did it best.

Very observational.

+1

Web-site-big-time-brown-noser, lol

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

wpr on 3/26/2014(UTC), Zero2Cool on 3/27/2014(UTC)
Offline Laser Gunns  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:18:57 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Very observational.

+1

Web-site-big-time-brown-noser, lol

Can't a man speak the truth.

( and get free applause points in return?)

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline wpr  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:49:50 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Can't a man speak the truth.

( and get free applause points in return?)

it is not as if Sanders did it any better than Jim Taylor, John Brockington, Tony Canadeo, Paul Horning, Johnny Blood McNally or Elijah Pitts plus the dozens and dozens of other Green Bay backs and receivers who showed some class and dignity after they scored a touchdown.
UserPostedImage

Offline yooperfan  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 9:14:36 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
it is not as if Sanders did it any better than Jim Taylor, John Brockington, Tony Canadeo, Paul Horning, Johnny Blood McNally or Elijah Pitts plus the dozens and dozens of other Green Bay backs and receivers who showed some class and dignity after they scored a touchdown.

Paul Hornung used to throw the football into the stands after he scored a TD.
The No Fun League didn't like that so they started fining any player who did such a terrible thing $100.00.

Offline Laser Gunns  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:29:01 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

all of them waaaaaaay before my time.

Barry is more known to me.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline packerfanoutwest  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:43:38 AM(UTC)
packerfanoutwest

Applause Received: 18

I have no problem with the goal post dunk as long as it does not affect the goal post. As far as Graham saying he will lead the NFL in penalties, he's a frickin douchebag. Get a TD, get a 15 yd penalty, which will probably having the other team starting their next drive with excellent field position and odds are real good that they score a TD or FG and negating Grahams TD
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:01:19 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Paul Hornung used to throw the football into the stands after he scored a TD.
The No Fun League didn't like that so they started fining any player who did such a terrible thing $100.00.

ahh. I never saw the early games on tv. I didn't know that. Strike him from the list the bastard. Making me look bad and all.
UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:03:21 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

all of them waaaaaaay before my time.

Barry is more known to me.

yeah and as you can see by the yooper correction they are before my time too. actually I saw a few replays of the 60's players and read about them in the news papers.
UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:34:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Barry Sanders did do it better than anyone else and did so during a period where TV glorified the sport and athletes were beginning the "look at me" boom. Barry simply handed the ball to the referee. Barry didn't go with the trend, he opted to be different, to be better.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:50:15 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest Go to Quoted Post
I have no problem with the goal post dunk as long as it does not affect the goal post. As far as Graham saying he will lead the NFL in penalties, he's a frickin douchebag. Get a TD, get a 15 yd penalty, which will probably having the other team starting their next drive with excellent field position and odds are real good that they score a TD or FG and negating Grahams TD

I kinda doubt he was serious about that. I don't think he is that stupid and his coaches wouldn't put up with it anyway. Intentionally drawing a 15 yard penalty just to do a dunk. I don't think so.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:54:50 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Barry Sanders did do it better than anyone else and did so during a period where TV glorified the sport and athletes were beginning the "look at me" boom. Barry simply handed the ball to the referee. Barry didn't go with the trend, he opted to be different, to be better.

So he did the same thing that hundreds of others did before him but because tv he is credited with being something better than they were.

He acted like a man. So did they.
UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:02:18 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

So he did the same thing that hundreds of others did before him but because tv he is credited with being something better than they were.

He acted like a man. So did they.

What Barry Sanders did was better than those "hundreds" before him because of the culture of the game. It would be naive to ignore that fact. Speaking of facts, how many of those "hundreds" can you verify that they NEVER spiked the ball in the NFL? Precisely. Wanna Box?

Think Barry did say if he scored a touchdown in the Super Bowl, he would probably have to spike it cuz it might be the last time he's there, lol. I thought that was funny, cuz he played for the Lions. Detroit. Lions.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#23 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:37:14 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
What Barry Sanders did was better than those "hundreds" before him because of the culture of the game. It would be naive to ignore that fact. Speaking of facts, how many of those "hundreds" can you verify that they NEVER spiked the ball in the NFL? Precisely. Wanna Box?

Think Barry did say if he scored a touchdown in the Super Bowl, he would probably have to spike it cuz it might be the last time he's there, lol. I thought that was funny, cuz he played for the Lions. Detroit. Lions.

yes I know about your crush on Barry. He walks on water and his shit doesn't stink and all of that stuff. Try as you may he is not special just because of the intrusion of the tv sent others into a crazy mode.

Barry did exactly what we tell our children every day of their young lives, "Don't give in to pear pressure". He listened the other children did not. He gets a gold star. Woohoo.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:46:50 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

yes I know about your crush on Barry. He walks on water and his shit doesn't stink and all of that stuff. Try as you may he is not special just because of the intrusion of the tv sent others into a crazy mode.

Barry did exactly what we tell our children every day of their young lives, "Don't give in to pear pressure". He listened the other children did not. He gets a gold star. Woohoo.

What does fruit got to do with this?

Anyhow, when I played I never spiked the ball either. I hadn't noticed this until Nick (friend who passed away one year ago yesterday) came up to me and excitedly yelled "dammit kev, quit this barry crap and spike that damn ball!!". I played QB and S so when I scored was when I had to run it in, or got a pick six. I was so eager to get on defense and get the ball back so I could lead our offense to another score I didn't feel the 20 seconds or whatever it took to chase down the spiked ball was worth it.

The feeling I had that I was unconsciously emulating my idol was surreal. And having one of my best friends pointing it out in front of everyone made it that much more special. Guess that probably sounds silly.

UserPostedImage
wpr on 3/27/2014(UTC), gbguy20 on 3/27/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:20:50 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Great story Kevin. pear = peer when you are in a hurry and don't type or spell very gooder. I knew it was wrong when I did it and didn't check it.
UserPostedImage

Rss Feed