Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:50:33 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

LombardiAve wrote:
With the NFL Draft about a month away and free agency still dribbling bits and pieces of news our way, it's time we concentrate once more on the future exploits of the Green Bay Packers and even more specifically today — Aaron Rodgers. Sans his broken collarbone last season, Rodgers was probably on his

Better OL=less sacks= Aaron picking apart defenses= wins.

GB had the 9th most sacks. Need to improve it along with hits, pressures and hurries.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:10:47 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 495
Applause Received: 305

NOT by becoming a run first team, that's for sure. They need to use Lacy, Starks, etc. as change of paces and to run clock with big leads late in the game.

I don't think anything too drastic needs to be done with the O-Line - just good health and consistency of personnel will help a lot.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:48:35 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

Inside his helmet, place a 4-second timer, if he still has the ball after 4 seconds, ZAP his ears. That should solve the holding the ball too long issue and improve his play dramatically. He might even win a few games.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
nerdmann on 4/3/2014(UTC), luigis on 4/3/2014(UTC), lolleren on 4/4/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 5:45:18 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
NOT by becoming a run first team, that's for sure. They need to use Lacy, Starks, etc. as change of paces and to run clock with big leads late in the game.

I don't think anything too drastic needs to be done with the O-Line - just good health and consistency of personnel will help a lot.

If we don't see our running game used the exact opposite of what you are proposing, we're in trouble, and so is Rodgers.

Running early establishes a legitimate threat to run on any play, forcing defenses to play more honest as opposed to an all-out air assault that primes defenses to pin their ears back and rush Rodgers exclusively.

A solid running game with Lacy and Starks, used effectively early and often, will open up a lot of options for Rodgers in the passing game. Defenses will have to honor the run, and will have great difficulty covering the play action pass.

Running early and often also helps to wear out the opposing front seven, and helps your OL play more effectively. This will all help us get the big leads, and then we can go to Lacy and Starks to close out games.

Not sure if you realize this, but we have two equally adept studs on offense now, Rodgers and Lacy. Both could carry a team, and together they will. No longer are we in need of Rodgers putting up career numbers in order to win.

Rodgers could very well have one of his best years yet with a balanced attack of pass and run. Less double coverage, more long, sustained drives, more TOP. More opportunities. More scoring.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 4/3/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:25:58 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Inside his helmet, place a 4-second timer, if he still has the ball after 4 seconds, ZAP his ears. That should solve the holding the ball too long issue and improve his play dramatically. He might even win a few games.

Common now Zero. Aaron needs an impenetrable wall of human flesh in front of him. Don't you know that Mike and he want Aaron to break every Favre record? How else can he stat whore if he is not given the chance to hold the ball forever?
UserPostedImage
Offline Laser Gunns  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:14:52 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 44
Applause Received: 263

Make him stop holding the ball for eternity.

Call shorter developing plays.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
nerdmann on 4/3/2014(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:21:24 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 495
Applause Received: 305

I get sick of this CRAP about Rodgers holding the ball too long. I call that good judgment/avoiding putting it up for grabs/making plays with his legs etc.

And as for you 3 yards and a cloud of dust guys, I am so thankful that the Packers do NOT have that kind of run first philosophy. Let the losers do that shit. If we can get things under control even a little bit with our D, just keeping on doing what we do with our offense will make the Packers virtually unbeatable.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:28:39 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,786
Applause Received: 676

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I get sick of this CRAP about Rodgers holding the ball too long. I call that good judgment/avoiding putting it up for grabs/making plays with his legs etc.

And as for you 3 yards and a cloud of dust guys, I am so thankful that the Packers do NOT have that kind of run first philosophy. Let the losers do that shit. If we can get things under control even a little bit with our D, just keeping on doing what we do with our offense will make the Packers virtually unbeatable.

Good judgement is passing up wide open guys underneath in order to throw deep?

Make Aaron adhere to fundamentals. High percentage plays. Add in some screens. Guys like Franklin and Harris have enough speed and elusiveness to turn any well blocked screen into a big play. And burn clock.

You can take your shots downfield when the D cheats up to nab screens and chuck our wideouts. Those opportunities will come.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:49:37 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 1,010

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Good judgement is passing up wide open guys underneath in order to throw deep?

Make Aaron adhere to fundamentals. High percentage plays. Add in some screens. Guys like Franklin and Harris have enough speed and elusiveness to turn any well blocked screen into a big play. And burn clock.

You can take your shots downfield when the D cheats up to nab screens and chuck our wideouts. Those opportunities will come.

He throws the short high percentage plays underneath as much as anyone else. What are you even talking about? On top of that they routinely have one of the most efficient deep passing attacks of any team int he league. Rodgers is fine how he is and the offense is fine how it is.
wpr on 4/3/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:09:58 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
He throws the short high percentage plays underneath as much as anyone else. What are you even talking about? On top of that they routinely have one of the most efficient deep passing attacks of any team int he league. Rodgers is fine how he is and the offense is fine how it is.

Watch the first Q of the playoff game this past year. Too many damn lulls.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline warhawk  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:58:55 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 230

Since the thread asks what the Green Bay Packers can do for Rodgers (rather than what Rodgers can do to be better) I will go with this:

OFFENSE
1) Get a good Center in the draft to create competition there and let the best man win. This also builds depth at the position rather than have to shuffle starters around due to injury.

2) Get a good TE in the draft that can both block and run the seam route. This opens things up for Arod and the WR's.

DEFENSE
1) Draft the best Safety and ILB they can get. Any other D players that are good would be a bonus.

2) Get more three and outs and create better field position so Arod has more chances to do what he does and not have to carry the team on his damn back.

When the Oline is in tune and blocking for Lacy and he's having a good game it helps Rodgers immensely. When the D is creating turnovers and getting the 3 and outs they win.

It's when there's no run game and the D can't make a damn stop on third down that Arod is forced to carry the team on his back. In these times if he doesn't make plays we lose.
"The train is leaving the station."
play2win on 4/4/2014(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:41:31 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 1,010

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Watch the first Q of the playoff game this past year. Too many damn lulls.

His 5th quarter of football in 9 weeks. That's not really a great segment to use as an example considering the circumstances. Not to mention that the offensive line play at the beginning of that game was just embarrassing.
wpr on 4/3/2014(UTC)
Offline luigis  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:25:03 PM(UTC)
luigis

Applause Given: 97
Applause Received: 98

I really really .... really*n want to see Rodgers come back in the 4th qtr and win a game by himself.
One of those scenarios where you are losing by 4 with 3 minutes left and he completes 8 of 9 passes for a game winning TD.

I think he has never done that in his life. And I think such an achievement will boost his game a lot.

So what can the Packers do? Easy, just make sure we are losing in the last 3 minutes!

Luis
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:42:25 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: luigis Go to Quoted Post
I really really .... really*n want to see Rodgers come back in the 4th qtr and win a game by himself.
One of those scenarios where you are losing by 4 with 3 minutes left and he completes 8 of 9 passes for a game winning TD.

I think he has never done that in his life. And I think such an achievement will boost his game a lot.

So what can the Packers do? Easy, just make sure we are losing in the last 3 minutes!

He did it in college.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:59:24 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 442

How to make Rodgers better, put me as a CB on every team he faces.

On a serious note. Keep Lacy in the backfield with Rodgers under center. Play action is so much more effective than when in the short gun. Forces the LBers to play closer opening up the field for the WR. Can also get rid of the ball even quicker making slants more difficult to defend, also opening up the slugo.

And the better the run game, the better Rodgers will be.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
play2win on 4/4/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed