Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Laser Gunns  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 3:41:16 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 1,102
Joined: 9/30/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 218

it doesn't matter what promises any republican or Dem makes, neither of them have improving the US as a priority.

They just want to be re-elected and serve their respective "corrupt-as-fuck" party.

Both of them get way to much money from special interest groups to function honestly.

Lifting the cap on campaign donations (as if they weren't being circumvented anyway) has really pissed me off to a new level. Because now, not only are these morally bankrupt assholes fucking up this country, they are blatantly rubbing it in our face that they will cater to the wealthy few. Like that Jewish Coalition megadoner thing that train wreck Chris Christie was at a while ago.

Those are who really run the show.

And as long as lemming-America cling to these shit institutions as as the only options, nothing will ever change. Not until they are both gone, and we reform how this shit works.

It's just a cycle:

-Elect party A!
-(term 2)Party A has done a crap job, they just need more time!
-Elect party B!
-(term 2)party B sucks too, give them another chance!
-back to A!

... And on and on.

It's been that way for the last 7(?) presidents? Bush sr. Being the only repeat party in office.

In my mind, it just shows that in the presidential office at least. The party system just flat don't work. And as long as people keep sticking to their partys (and I'm under the assumption people are too stupid/lazy to actually research who they vote for, they just vote for the party) nothing will ever change.

/ 3:30 AM rant over


MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 4/18/2014(UTC), Packerchick on 4/20/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 4:22:00 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Interesting comment. What exactly do you see as needing changing or improving? Things seem pretty damn good to me. I'm inclined to agree with your general assessment of the politicians, but it's a lot more a question of badness cancelling out badness so nothing really changes in any extreme way, and things just stay great like they are.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 6:03:11 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,352
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,752
Applause Received: 1,321

years and years ago (I think it was in the late 70's or early 80s) Gallup did a poll and found out that vast majority of people (Somewhere around 80%) felt that Congress was a bunch of thieves and crooks. They said every single Congressman or woman should be thrown out, EXCEPT for their Representative. That person was doing a great job and they could trust him/her. Which explains why despite the ineptitude of our political leaders they keep getting reelected at around a 90+% rate.

As long as they bring the pork back to their constituents (in a large enough quantity) they can do just about anything they want. The more heinous their actions the more pork they need to bring home in order to be reelected. Back in the 70s some guy was reelected to Congress while he was in jail.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Laser Gunns  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 10:02:55 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 1,102
Joined: 9/30/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 218

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Interesting comment. What exactly do you see as needing changing or improving? Things seem pretty damn good to me. I'm inclined to agree with your general assessment of the politicians, but it's a lot more a question of badness cancelling out badness so nothing really changes in any extreme way, and things just stay great like they are.


Granted, I have no formal education on the wold of politics,

But I do not believe our current system which is dominated by just two super-party's is at all effective or fair.


MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 10:36:01 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,752
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

The outlook of some on the topic of politics today reminds me of one of my favorite scenes in film to date.


UserPostedImage


All is not great.. unless your definition is waste, corruption and greed.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 4/18/2014(UTC), mi_keys on 4/18/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 4/18/2014(UTC)
Offline dingus  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 11:51:36 AM(UTC)
dingus

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 434
Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 18

Laser-
Unfortunately your reaction to the utter clusterfuck that is politics in america is exactly what they want, an apathetic electorate that thinks the status quo is all that can be expected.

The two party system is keeping the 1% in power and the blame rests squarely on the people who keep voting for the name most familiar to, and in support of, the limited agenda of lots of the folks in this once great nation. I'm a republican or I'm a democrat. My god's better than your god. You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

Our infrastructure is failing, our health care system would be laughable if it weren't so insidious and we've been trailing most of the developed nations in every major category for decades now. Infant mortality, education, upward mobility, obesity, crime, poverty, equality, etc. etc. etc.

If that's "pretty great" than we're truly fucked.
blank
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 12:39:19 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,656
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

I often wonder what type of statement we could make to our elected representatives if come election day, we all show up to our polling places, but nobody votes. A mid-term like this would be the best time to send the message. 100 million ballots and the only people who vote for each candidate are their own families.

We can't fix the system, but just quitting. IMO, if we want, we can take back our government, and it can be done by starting at the local and state levels. We break the two parties by getting 3rd parties into places of power in the states, and going up from there.

The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DoddPower  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 1:17:39 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Posts: 2,715
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,774
Applause Received: 418

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I often wonder what type of statement we could make to our elected representatives if come election day, we all show up to our polling places, but nobody votes. A mid-term like this would be the best time to send the message. 100 million ballots and the only people who vote for each candidate are their own families.


That's kind of the whole philosophy behind most of the "don't vote" crowd. The masses wouldn't even have to show up. If no one voted, the candidates would have no legitimacy to their respective offices. By voting, one essentially enters a contract to accept the results, whether they like them or not. Voting legitimizes the candidates, even if a majority of the population doesn't even vote (or if the voting population is not representative of the country as a whole). I think less than 40% of the population voted in the 2010 election. If one thinks the system is inherently corrupt and they don't believe it in, why should they vote? They would essentially be voting for something they don't agree with in the first place.

I'm not totally sure if I agree with the no voting approach yet. I can absolutely understand not voting Democrat or Republic. Those parties are reaching a point of a complete joke. If one still believed in the American political institution at all, they could still vote for someone, anyone, even if they knew they wouldn't win. Perhaps that could send a message that the current population doesn't feel that current partisan politics are satisfactory.

I think the main thing people need to get over is that the next President will substantially change or improve things. If they're Democrat of Republican, it's very unlikely they will and will likely just make things worse. The same applies to Congress, too, and perhaps, even more so.

Edited by user Friday, April 18, 2014 1:53:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks Post received 1 applause.
uffda udfa on 4/29/2014(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 1:32:01 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,656
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
That's kind of the whole philosophy behind most of the "don't vote" crowd. The masses wouldn't even have to show up. If no one voted, the candidates would have no legitimacy to their respective offices.


Taking the time to show up, and leaving ballots blank, to me would make a much bigger statement that we actually care. Especially if we would follow that up with recalls of those eligible to be recalled.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DoddPower  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 2:01:15 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Posts: 2,715
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,774
Applause Received: 418

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Taking the time to show up, and leaving ballots blank, to me would make a much bigger statement that we actually care. Especially if we would follow that up with recalls of those eligible to be recalled.


I suppose, but that seems even more unrealistic than no one voting. Getting no one to vote would take a very conscious effort, and would show that we care plenty, imo. Or even better, for those that still believe in the American political system, go and actually vote for someone, regardless of the expected outcome. Vote for local to regional figures or anyone that an individual thinks is better than establishment politicians. The only real way to throw away a vote is to vote for another Jeb Bush, Hilary Clinton, et al.

There doesn't need to be full-scale revolution. The system just needs shaken up a little. Americans are consistently losing hope in mainstream politicians and the political system. Perhaps if things get shaken up a little, confidence and participation would be a little better (at least for a little while). There's too much money and corruption in politics, and there's little-to-no signs that things will improve in the future. In fact, it's likely going to get worse. Something will give, eventually, for better or worse. I always guess it will be another big war event (much bigger than what's occurring now). That usually proves to be a useful tool to take a nation's mind off domestic issues. Perhaps it will be something more simple and civil such as the shake up I mentioned earlier. But make no mistake, something will give eventually. Let's just hope it's for the better.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 2:10:04 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

It seems we all agree on the set of facts here - the two-party system basically maintains the status quo. Whoever is elected from whichever party, he (or she) ain't gonna change much even if he/she wanted to, and probably would not in his/her heart even want to.

What we don't agree about is whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

What I really cannot understand is how any of you - anybody in their right mind at all - could not be damn near ecstatically happy with life the way we have it now in this country. One or more of you negative nancys please explain that.

As for me, I have over sixty years experience to draw from, and I am firmly convinced that we have far more enjoyable things in our lives than ever before, and plenty of freedom to do that enjoying. Really, what else is there? If you guys want to CHANGE away from what we have, what in the hell do you want to change to?

hahahaha Things stay pretty damn civil in here when you know who stays away.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 7:47:52 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,263
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
It seems we all agree on the set of facts here - the two-party system basically maintains the status quo. Whoever is elected from whichever party, he (or she) ain't gonna change much even if he/she wanted to, and probably would not in his/her heart even want to.

What we don't agree about is whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

What I really cannot understand is how any of you - anybody in their right mind at all - could not be damn near ecstatically happy with life the way we have it now in this country. One or more of you negative nancys please explain that.

As for me, I have over sixty years experience to draw from, and I am firmly convinced that we have far more enjoyable things in our lives than ever before, and plenty of freedom to do that enjoying. Really, what else is there? If you guys want to CHANGE away from what we have, what in the hell do you want to change to?

hahahaha Things stay pretty damn civil in here when you know who stays away.



I wish you could be turned into a gay Latino man here on a work visa from Guatemala and then you might understand what is wrong in America. As is, you are a spoiled, slacker, baby boomer who never really had a care in the world. Of course you're as clueless as you are.

UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 8:40:05 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I wish you could be turned into a gay Latino man here on a work visa from Guatemala and then you might understand what is wrong in America. As is, you are a spoiled, slacker, baby boomer who never really had a care in the world. Of course you're as clueless as you are.



In the immortal words of Pee Wee Herman, "that's what I am, but what are you?" I'll have to plead guilty to being a Good Normal America-Loving American hahahaha. I know a lot of Latinos - both legal and illegal - who are quite happy and content with the GREAT life we all have here also. I even know a few gays who are very happy with the WONDERFULNESS of life here. Nobody that is both gay and Latino, but whatever. If your guy ain't happy here, then what the hell is he doing here instead of going back to beautiful Guatemala? Could it be that they torture and/or kill gays there?

Still waiting for you change-aholics to say what you would like to change life in America TO.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
dfosterf on 4/18/2014(UTC)
Offline dingus  
#14 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 9:26:40 PM(UTC)
dingus

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 434
Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 18

"I know you are, but what am I?" would be the "immortal" words you're looking for, texas.

As far as what we "changeaholics" are looking for is concerned, you don't really pay attention to what anybody says on here, do you?
blank
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 4/19/2014(UTC), Pack93z on 4/29/2014(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#15 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 9:35:28 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,879
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
In the immortal words of Pee Wee Herman, "that's what I am, but what are you?" I'll have to plead guilty to being a Good Normal America-Loving American hahahaha. I know a lot of Latinos - both legal and illegal - who are quite happy and content with the GREAT life we all have here also. I even know a few gays who are very happy with the WONDERFULNESS of life here. Nobody that is both gay and Latino, but whatever. If your guy ain't happy here, then what the hell is he doing here instead of going back to beautiful Guatemala? Could it be that they torture and/or kill gays there?

Still waiting for you change-aholics to say what you would like to change life in America TO.


I can't believe how reasonable you remain. +1 Texas. Your opponents cannot even recognize how harsh they are in comparison. Too young. Too stupid. Too motivated. Too indoctrinated.

Only you. Only you, the fool.

Amazing, isn't it?

You just keep giving this collective pack of fools your version of hell!

You jew bastard amongst the Nazi majority.


JUDEN!



Dave
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / StarrMax1

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Random Babble / Dulak

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.