Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline uffda udfa  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 4, 2014 12:08:04 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 146

I just became aware of this name, today. I had no idea all the gossip pages and rumors that circle around this guy and his involvement with Aaron Rodgers.

I'm not going to post links, and get too deeply into the nature of articles but it left me with a question that I think is valid.

If the "back out" rumor is true and eventually this guy who is supposedly emotionally blackmailing Aaron eventually comes forward with some info...How do you think this is going to affect Aaron Rodgers as QB of the Green Bay Packers?

As I pondered this question, I couldn't help but wonder if, and I know it's an if, any of this kind of stuff has anything in the world to do with Greene and Hilgenberg's departures? What kind of dynamic is in place if this stuff is true? Some guys ain't gonna handle that well at all.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Sponsor
Online steveishere  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 12:38:47 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 938

Are you talking about the stuff from like 6 months ago?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 5/5/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 5:33:51 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Yes... I knew about the "rumors" and obviously the denial... I did not know this supposed other guy's name nor do I recall hearing Rodgers had agreed to come out but backed out which sent this supposed interest of his over the edge with rage.

Can you even imagine what that would look like if there's legs to the rumor? A lot of men aren't going to handle that very well. It makes me go back and look at guys (coaches and players) who left and why they may have left. I reinterpret their comments and actions through the filter of what if this had something to do with it? Greg Jennings comes to mind. A supposed strong Christian family man. Although, if this is true he did a great job of keeping quiet about it because his idiot sister would've let the cat out the bag had she known.

Just trying to get my mind around what this would mean for Rodgers as a player and the effect it would have on the organization. Aikman had the same kind of stuff swirling about him so it's not like this is some new ground, but I don't recall Troy living with a guy he met at a bar and having that guy take veiled shots about the nature of their relationship on Twitter. Ah, there was no twitter back then.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 6:06:13 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

When a good looking guy is in his 30's and unmarried, that is always the rumor. I have four daughters and I get the same treatment from people. It's either I'm Gay, or there is something wrong with me. Trust me, it is the latter. ;-)

Truthfully, when the rumors came out, I was hoping they were true. After the Brett Favre deal, there is no one better to handle being a NFL elite player and being homosexual as Aaron Rodgers could and would handle it.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 5/5/2014(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 8:30:07 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
When a good looking guy is in his 30's and unmarried, that is always the rumor. I have four daughters and I get the same treatment from people. It's either I'm Gay, or there is something wrong with me. Trust me, it is the latter. ;-)

Truthfully, when the rumors came out, I was hoping they were true. After the Brett Favre deal, there is no one better to handle being a NFL elite player and being homosexual as Aaron Rodgers could and would handle it.

AARON RODGERS HAS A DREAM!!!

Wanna Box? Wanna Box?
Offline Wade  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 2:01:01 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 674
Applause Received: 688

Hehe. I'm not good-looking or in my 30s and I've been getting this for decades. I remember getting together with the cousins/grandparents etc. one year for Christmas, and having my grandfather's third wife blurt out to my mother (she had a hearing loss that occasionally led to excessive volume when she had her hearing aid turned off), "So, Amy, is Wade gay?" Mother said, "Who knows?"

ROFL.

I really could care less if any Packer is or was.

What I care about is how many years it will take Rodgers to own all of the records of Pretty Boys Brady and Manning.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline uffda udfa  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 3:16:23 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

You know... It makes me wonder if Aaron's fall in the draft was related to this issue? So weird a guy touted as a potential number 1 overall fell that far and was taken by a GM with the same type of rumors associated with him.

It is not often you have a Leaf/Manning scenario or RGIII/Luck where the other guy who isn't #1 isn't snapped up immediately. I do recall that day that it set up where once he got past Tampa, I believe, there wasn't a QB needy team, but you get into the whole BPA thing and we weren't necessarily QB needy either that we knew of for sure.

There would be no shock if Aaron came out and admitted this was true, other than the fact he's so high profile.

It'll sicken me to see people praising him for coming out if he ever does. I'm incredibly bothered when people are hailed for admitting they're gay. Nobody hails anyone for being heterosexual. If he's gay, I hope he waits until his playing days are over. Going to google around to see if there's any comments he's made on athletes who've come out as gay as Aaron seems to be very opinionated on various subjects.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline DakotaT  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 5:40:25 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Who the hell considers you a good looking guy? You think you're me or something? Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 5:49:01 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

I could care less if Rodgers is gay. There's not a team in the league that wouldn't want him as their QB. And if he is gay, the right thing to do would be to come out and do it proudly. America is accepting that lifestyle more and more, except for dumbasses like those relics Texas and Gunny! a$holes like those guys will never accept anything but their own narrow minded visions of the world.
UserPostedImage
Offline mi_keys  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 7:03:45 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 346

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
It'll sicken me to see people praising him for coming out if he ever does. I'm incredibly bothered when people are hailed for admitting they're gay.

Why?

Nobody hails anyone for being heterosexual.

Yes, because no one has ever denied someone rights for being heterosexual. The two are not comparable.

If he's gay, I hope he waits until his playing days are over.

Again, why?

I find it utterly absurd to suggest to someone, man or a woman, that he or she should not be free to introduce their significant other simply because their partner has the wrong dangly bits between his or her legs. And that's exactly what silence on the matter requires.

Players show up at events--social, charitable, etc.--with their wives and girlfriends all the time. Their families go to games. Heterosexual players have all the freedom to be public about who is a part of their life. Why should homosexual players not be free to have the same?

Now, if the player and his partner want to be quiet on the matter, that's their prerogative. They can make that choice, but not someone else.

If you don't want to see others applaud gays for coming out, then don't give them a reason to applaud. Don't tell gays they should keep it to themselves, because it truly isn't your business.

Born and bred a cheesehead
DakotaT on 5/5/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 9:02:31 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Why? For years and years all I ever heard was "what happens between two people in their own bedroom is their business"...that was the gay mantra for years and years. I would say EXACTLY it is NOT YOUR BUSINESS. Why do you care? Why is it your business? It sounds a bit hypocritical for you to tell me not to tell them what to do but you seem to say you wish for them to tell? Name me one heterosexual in the world, minus gay rumors, that ever made a proclamation about their sexuality? It's become like a top HS recruit announcing where they're going to college. It has become an obsession in this country to see people come out. That has been expressed in this very thread. That is no more right or wrong than my asking someone not to call some presser and tell the world they're gay. If Rodgers is gay, show up to the events with your boyfriend, as he may have done, and let that be it. He doesn't talk about what he does with the women he's linked to and I'm great with that in the same way I am about the guys he's seen with.

Now, all of a sudden it has become "cool" to admit what you do in your bedroom with another. I was perfectly fine not knowing. I don't care...I don't want to know. To praise someone for admitting they like sex with the same sex is one of the oddest phenomenons I've ever witnessed on this earth especially in light of the way gay folks used to want it which it was nobody's business. Now, they make it everyone's business and the world is supposed to fawn all over them about how brave they are? Right. What about all those years they didn't come out? How brave were they then? Plenty of others have now come out before them. I truly don't get it. I don't and won't.

Why do I want him to wait, if he is? It will create a media circus not conducive to winning. The last thing I want to see is JC Tretter being asked how he feels having a gay man's hand on his rear end 50+ times a game and what about those delay of game penalties? It isn't right for anyone at their place of business to have to answer questions like that. I wouldn't want anyone asking me those kind of idiotic questions. What am I supposed to say? I marvel at how strong that person was for coming forward?

Semi-related, I was bamboozled Russell Wilson had the Seahawks announce he was going through a divorce and then asked for privacy? On what level does that make sense...that was like a fast forward version of what the LGBT crowd wanted for years.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline mi_keys  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 11:10:15 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 346

Why? For years and years all I ever heard was "what happens between two people in their own bedroom is their business"...that was the gay mantra for years and years.

Which made sense in light of sodomy laws.

I would say EXACTLY it is NOT YOUR BUSINESS. Why do you care? Why is it your business?

I don't. That's why I'm willing to let a gay person decide whether or not they want to tell other people he or she is gay. As I said, that's his or her prerogative (along with their partner, if we are talking about a relationship).

It sounds a bit hypocritical for you to tell me not to tell them what to do but you seem to say you wish for them to tell?

Let me reiterate, it is their prerogative. I'm saying they should be free to choose whether or not they want to disclose their homosexuality. It should not be dictated by a third party either way (either for disclosure or against).

Name me one heterosexual in the world, minus gay rumors, that ever made a proclamation about their sexuality?

Try almost everyone. Every time a guy says this is my girlfriend or this is my wife (or conversely a woman saying the same about a husband or boyfriend) they are necessarily declaring they are heterosexual. When you see certain public displays of affection between a man and a woman, they are necessarily declaring they are heterosexual. If you have a picture of your spouse of the opposite gender and your kids sitting at your desk at work, you are implying that you are heterosexual. When a group of guys or girls talk about the member of the opposite sex they met at the club the night before and that they might go out on a date with them, they are necessarily declaring they are heterosexual. For crying out loud, when you see a proposal at a game two people are declaring in front of an audience of tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people that they are heterosexual (I've yet to see a homosexual proposal at a game, though that doesn't mean there hasn't been one). People announce, verbally or otherwise, to crowds large and small, friends and strangers, that they are heterosexual all the time.

That was the whole point of bringing up players and their wives and girlfriends out in public. They are declaring that they are heterosexual whether or not they explicitly state it. And all of this before we even get to athletes who have very openly gone about their womanizing.

Bringing this up also ignores the fact that the base assumption about a persons sexual orientation will almost invariably be that he or she is heterosexual. That's what the vast majority of people are.

It's become like a top HS recruit announcing where they're going to college. It has become an obsession in this country to see people come out. That has been expressed in this very thread.

And I'm not arguing the ideal is that we all devolve into mass euphoria every time someone comes out; but so long as people tell homosexuals they should keep their mouth shut, the reaction you're going to get is people applauding gays for asking to be treated the same.

That is no more right or wrong than my asking someone not to call some presser and tell the world they're gay. If Rodgers is gay, show up to the events with your boyfriend, as he may have done, and let that be it.

No, it is wrong. If Tom Brady can show up at public events with Gisele, effectively announcing that he is straight; then a gay athlete can announce they are gay.

He doesn't talk about what he does with the women he's linked to and I'm great with that in the same way I am about the guys he's seen with.

Now, all of a sudden it has become "cool" to admit what you do in your bedroom with another. I was perfectly fine not knowing. I don't care...I don't want to know.

And back to the "what happens between two people in their own bedroom is their business" argument for silence, which I wanted to return to for another reason: I have never once heard a gay person come out and immediately spill what their favorite sexual position, fetish or toy is. That just doesn't happen. And for all you know they're a virgin saving themselves for their future husband or life partner.

To praise someone for admitting they like sex with the same sex is one of the oddest phenomenons I've ever witnessed on this earth especially in light of the way gay folks used to want it which it was nobody's business. Now, they make it everyone's business and the world is supposed to fawn all over them about how brave they are? Right. What about all those years they didn't come out? How brave were they then? Plenty of others have now come out before them.

They aren't praising them for enjoying sex with a certain group of people; they are praising them for refusing to be silenced.

I truly don't get it. I don't and won't.

The first thing I've agreed with.

Why do I want him to wait, if he is? It will create a media circus not conducive to winning. The last thing I want to see is JC Tretter being asked how he feels having a gay man's hand on his rear end 50+ times a game and what about those delay of game penalties? It isn't right for anyone at their place of business to have to answer questions like that. I wouldn't want anyone asking me those kind of idiotic questions. What am I supposed to say? I marvel at how strong that person was for coming forward?

So the premise is because others are bigots, and the media will feed off of that, a gay athlete should have to hide who they are... is that what you are saying?

Michael Sam has already come out and that media firestorm has died down already.

And as for questions to Tretter or anyone else about a gay teammate, I'm hoping they would say it makes absolute f*ck all difference.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline uffda udfa  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 11:43:27 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

I'm saying there is no need for a press conference or some contrived announcement of one's sexuality. If Rodgers and Kevin had a relationship he should've spoken to it when they were seen together. I wouldn't have had any issue if that came out in the natural course of things but to put this out there on some grand scale is sick and wrong in my view. I don't like it and will never like it. If it's truly about equality NOBODY will be getting whipped into a frenzy if someone is gay or not...as it is now, we're to Defcon 4 everytime some famous person makes their homosexual/lesbian proclamation. It's big time news. Yes, who the hetero is dating is also big news, but it is not news, in and of itself, for the choice in sexual preference. I don't think you separate the two properly and place them in proper context. "They're praising them for refusing to be silenced"?????? That is your quote. What? I asked below...who is silencing them? Who? The awful bigots? Who exactly are you referring to...there is NOTHING standing in the way of anyone being gay today. It's boomtown, today for LGBT folks. Haven't you seen the parades? Yes, it really looks like they're afraid of being silenced. Listen and think about what you wrote... makes no sense at all. It's a quote typed for nothing more than to say it's right to celebrate one's coming out. It is not but I doubt you'll see it any differently.

I think you've confused something quite badly. The idea that Tom Brady shows up with Gisele is not calling a press conference to announce he's heterosexual. Rodgers has been at events with that Kevin guy for years...no press conference. No different than Brady. You want to try and take Brady's arrangement to the level of Ellen Page announcing to the world she likes girls. That is not the same. Tom Brady has never called a presser or spoke out on Twitter that he is a flaming heterosexual, nor should he. You talk about gays being silenced. That, again, I don't get. Who is silencing them? The entire world could be against what they want to say but, in the end, they still hold all the power in the world to tell the world they're gay if that's what they really feel they need to do.

I'm not sure how old you are but I doubt you're typing to me what you're typing to me now 20 years ago. What has changed? You should really, really ponder that before you go on other pro tell the world sermonette. What has changed is you have been wildly influenced by the powerful gay movement in this country, nothing more, nothing less. I feel the same way about this issue, today, as I did 20 years ago. The throng of support and the literal clamoring for more and more gay people to announce is not for me not my thing. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. You should ask yourself why you seem so in favor of it today? Are your thoughts yours or are they manipulated by the changing cultural mores? I can picture you, hypothetically, speaking out in favor of incest if it ever happened to gain traction in this country as homosexuality has. If you want to run with the crowd and follow those who equate this to the despicable race issues this country has you're free to do so. I just love the whole...40 years from now you'll be on the wrong side of history if you aren't pro gay marriage and pro homosexuals. It is sad that many look out to see what the world might think of their viewpoint before they're ever comfortable sharing it. In a sense, what all these new converts to the pro gay platform need to do is celebrate a bigot who comes out and says they don't like it because that is tough to do these days. Stand against the raging pro LGBT tide. That takes more courage and is more worthy of your celebration than someone coming out as gay because those skids have been greased for some years now.

You may find it hard to believe but I believe in liberty and justice for ALL. However, homosexuals deserve no special adulation in this country...NONE. It's the hot new en vogue thing these days to run around telling everyone how you support gay rights and gay marriage because gosh darn it that's just the good hearted kinda guy you are. This self deception of how much better of a person you are and these others against it are awful bigots is just unreal to me. Literally un-freaking-real. I have treated and will continue to treat every human being like I want to be treated but I will not have anyone on this earth telling me how I should react or should think toward someone's sexuality whether that be to encourage or discourage a particular secret getting out.

Honestly, you think it would be "wonderful" if Aaron came out and told the world he was gay? Why? Would your argument be that it would make it easier for the next person to admit they were gay? Billy Beane has done it. Many hollywood actors and actresses have done it and music people as well. Jason Collins has done it. Esera Tuaolo has done it. Michael Sam has done it. How many is enough? Oh, but it would be so wonderful if Aaron Rodgers would do it? That makes no sense on any level whatsoever. I would be shocked if someone like him came out in the prime of his NFL career.

I don't want to know if you're gay, you shouldn't want to know if I'm gay... it would not be wonderful if you were hetero or homo and the same goes for me. There is more than enough acceptance out in the world already for any gay person to come on out...they're one of the hottest things going right now.

A final EDIT: I find great irony in the fact that many who seem to be on the "cool" side of this thing that have said they wouldn't care or they'd actually like it if he came out have to make sure they tell us that they aren't gay. That tells me that despite their words about gay acceptance it's just words...just wanting to be part of the crowd that is growing on the pro gay movement side of things. My gosh people have this undying need to be tapped into what is popular...heaven forbid they are in the minority and are subject to ridicule. Oh, no! Not that! Anything but that! Anyone who has commented in this thread and shared with us their "not being gay" story should ask themselves why they felt compelled to do that if they're all about "equality" there should be zero need to express to anyone what your sexuality is if you really look at all sexuality as being equal.

Edited by user Monday, May 5, 2014 11:59:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 1:52:56 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 432
Applause Received: 255

This rumor was around six months or so ago. It seemed to get dismissed then. I haven't seen it discussed recently in other forums. I haven't seen any news now to get it going again. Has there been any?
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline uffda udfa  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:45:23 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
This rumor was around six months or so ago. It seemed to get dismissed then. I haven't seen it discussed recently in other forums. I haven't seen any news now to get it going again. Has there been any?

Yeah, Rodgers has been secretly dating Johnny Football. That's why Jaws likes him in the 3rd round. Laughing

No, texas...nothing new. I just never realized how much junk there is on the web about this guy and his potential association with Aaron.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.