Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:59:26 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

http://sports.yahoo.com/...ng-dallas-161558566.html

I read this article in Yahoo about the Cowboys - who have had a similarly large number of hamstring injuries as the Packers - comparing them to the Broncos, which, according to Demarcus Ware, have a more enlightened way. The specific thing being criticized is "static stretching". I wonder what the Packers use.

As a person who NEVER stretched in all my nearly 60 years of athletic activity, I wouldn't put too much credence in this, but I throw it out there for consideration anyway.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline OlHoss1884  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:33:41 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 5/8/2013(UTC)
Location: Waukegan, IL

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 167

I am no expert on sports medicine but I would think if your team has more than its share of this type of injury you'd be questioning what you are and aren't doing about it.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
thanks Post received 1 applause.
uffda udfa on 6/5/2014(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:03:39 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

yoga please
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 8/5/2014(UTC)
Offline Mr_Bumpy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:17:00 PM(UTC)
Mr_Bumpy

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 7/16/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 21

Being at the Packers-Steelers game last year, I got to watch the Packers warm up, and they seemed to be doing only dynamic stretching in their routine--no static stuff that I can recall.
God's creation made new.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dulak on 6/5/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:00:32 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Maybe, they did the static stuff in the locker room where it was much warmer?
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline Dulak  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2014 4:00:42 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 1/19/2009(UTC)
Location: London, UK (from kenosha)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 104

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
Maybe, they did the static stuff in the locker room where it was much warmer?


not against you but maybe they didnt do jack in the locker room and this is why we keep having all these injuries.

Offline DoddPower  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 1:08:56 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,093
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
not against you but maybe they didnt do jack in the locker room and this is why we keep having all these injuries.



Yeah, I doubt they did much stretching the crowded locker room beyond individual time spent with the trainers.
Offline gbguy20  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:49:39 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

After years of issues, why isn't stretching more of a focus for this team? I just don't get it.
call me Dan
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 6:12:04 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
After years of issues, why isn't stretching more of a focus for this team? I just don't get it.


How much stretching did they really do?
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline Mr_Bumpy  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:03:35 AM(UTC)
Mr_Bumpy

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 7/16/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 21

Morning Roar: A change in the Lions stretch

So the Lions are doing away with organized stretches altogether and leaving it up to the players before practices. It will be interesting to see if this has any impact on their number of injuries throughout the season.
God's creation made new.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:39:40 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

I think we are dealing with men who have been stretching their bodies for the majorities of their lives and nobody knows what their body does and does not need better than they do. We are all different and all our bodies react different.

Not warming up enough can cause injury, and warming up to much can also cause injury. Changing the routine can also positively or negatively effect a player.

I've always needed very little stretching even in my mid 40s and playing ball like I was in my mid 20's.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:13:26 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I think we are dealing with men who have been stretching their bodies for the majorities of their lives and nobody knows what their body does and does not need better than they do. We are all different and all our bodies react different.

Not warming up enough can cause injury, and warming up to much can also cause injury. Changing the routine can also positively or negatively effect a player.

I've always needed very little stretching even in my mid 40s and playing ball like I was in my mid 20's.


I stretched a lot and most of it was static. I never pulled a muscle playing ball into my late 40s.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Online steveishere  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 5:23:25 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
I stretched a lot and most of it was static. I never pulled a muscle playing ball into my late 40s.


Same for me but I still injured my hamstrings all the freakin time.

Offline sschind  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:10:36 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Same for me but I still injured my hamstrings all the freakin time.



I'm telling ya, it was Mike McCarthy's fault.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 8/6/2014(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 1:08:56 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Love this answer from Vic today!

"It’s always been this way but the number of injuries/games lost to injury would seem to be increasing. It’s not limited to the Packers. Training camp reports throughout the league feature injuries to key players. I had mentioned either in this column or in my “Family Night” blog that ACL injuries have become commonplace. Once upon a time, a torn ACL was the death knell of a career. Heads bowed when it was revealed a player had torn his ACL. Evolution isn’t producing a weaker ACL; at least not that quickly. In my opinion, the size of players has exceeded the force the soft tissue of their bodies can endure. In my opinion, the game needs to get smaller and it’s my hope the league and its rules committee will start brainstorming rules changes that would make the game smaller. Or maybe this is the proper perspective: As long as the quarterback doesn’t get hurt, everything’s fine."
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 1:26:49 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457


http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/injuries

Above is a list of all players injured so far this year.

The Packers seem to be in the middle, some teams are better off some are not.

Gonna check this at end of pre season games just to see where The Packers are at.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nerdmann  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:00:53 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,712
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Love this answer from Vic today!

"It’s always been this way but the number of injuries/games lost to injury would seem to be increasing. It’s not limited to the Packers. Training camp reports throughout the league feature injuries to key players. I had mentioned either in this column or in my “Family Night” blog that ACL injuries have become commonplace. Once upon a time, a torn ACL was the death knell of a career. Heads bowed when it was revealed a player had torn his ACL. Evolution isn’t producing a weaker ACL; at least not that quickly. In my opinion, the size of players has exceeded the force the soft tissue of their bodies can endure. In my opinion, the game needs to get smaller and it’s my hope the league and its rules committee will start brainstorming rules changes that would make the game smaller. Or maybe this is the proper perspective: As long as the quarterback doesn’t get hurt, everything’s fine."


The rationalizations are amazing. Yes, the Packers are in the middle of the pack, as far as injuries go, THIS year. Yes, ACLs are now "commonplace."

What do either of those have to do with the fact that this team is decimated year after year after year? We field a JV team every year in the playoffs, then bitch that Kaepernick "runs wild."
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DarkaneRules on 8/6/2014(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:48:24 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The rationalizations are amazing. Yes, the Packers are in the middle of the pack, as far as injuries go, THIS year. Yes, ACLs are now "commonplace."

What do either of those have to do with the fact that this team is decimated year after year after year? We field a JV team every year in the playoffs, then bitch that Kaepernick "runs wild."


What are you going to do about last year?
The year before?
The year before that?

The Packers have made changes, introduced different programs, are utilizing a nutrionist expert for the 1st time this year.

Let's see how it works out, crying year after year about years gone by is pretty silly.

2010 The Packers were decimated by injuries and how did they do?

Just think, if The Packers sustain major injuries this year how Excited you will be to come on this forum and tell everyone "I TOLD YOU SO".

The Packers haven't played a preseason game yet and you have them being decimated by injuries.

Jesus, try and enjoy a few games, will you.



Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 8/7/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:52:31 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,712
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
What are you going to do about last year?
The year before?
The year before that?

The Packers have made changes, introduced different programs, are utilizing a nutrionist expert for the 1st time this year.

Let's see how it works out, crying year after year about years gone by is pretty silly.

2010 The Packers were decimated by injuries and how did they do?

Just think, if The Packers sustain major injuries this year how Excited you will be to come on this forum and tell everyone "I TOLD YOU SO".

The Packers haven't played a preseason game yet and you have them being decimated by injuries.

Jesus, try and enjoy a few games, will you.





Injuries are good, because we won it all in 2010?

I suppose stat whoring is good too. Oh wait!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:06:13 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Injuries are good, because we won it all in 2010?

I suppose stat whoring is good too. Oh wait!


Damn, figure it out, they are doing everything they can, you say you are a damn doctor of some sort, get the hell up there and tell them what they are doing wrong.

No injuries aren't good, but they are not the only thing that determines whether a team wins or losses.

You are going to be in fucking heaven this year, because with the new rules, The packers better be able to put up 30+ points a game, that is just the way The NFL wants it.

You will call it stat-whoring,

The normal fan will realize that is what The NFL has become.



Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 8/7/2014(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:46:57 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The rationalizations are amazing. Yes, the Packers are in the middle of the pack, as far as injuries go, THIS year. Yes, ACLs are now "commonplace."

What do either of those have to do with the fact that this team is decimated year after year after year? We field a JV team every year in the playoffs, then bitch that Kaepernick "runs wild."


I was very pleased with our overall performance last postseason given all the adversity we were facing. The game turned into the last team with the ball wins. I was comfortable with that. We were much closer to competing with that team than we were the year before, and that was encouraging given the injuries. And now again it is a new year, and perhaps if we make it to the postseason and meet them again, we'll see if any of the changes in packages and personnel pay off.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline nerdmann  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 11:03:21 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,712
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
I was very pleased with our overall performance last postseason given all the adversity we were facing. The game turned into the last team with the ball wins. I was comfortable with that. We were much closer to competing with that team than we were the year before, and that was encouraging given the injuries. And now again it is a new year, and perhaps if we make it to the postseason and meet them again, we'll see if any of the changes in packages and personnel pay off.


INdeed, given all the injuries.

Seems like those injuries were the difference between winning and losing in the playoffs.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:27:27 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
INdeed, given all the injuries.

Seems like those injuries were the difference between winning and losing in the playoffs.


Not in 2010. Which is Buckeye's point.

In 2011 they were much healthier than in 2010. It wasn't the injuries, it was 8 dropped passes and 3 turnovers that knocked them out of the playoffs.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 8/7/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:46:05 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,712
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
Not in 2010. Which is Buckeye's point.

In 2011 they were much healthier than in 2010. It wasn't the injuries, it was 8 dropped passes and 3 turnovers that knocked them out of the playoffs.


Buckeye's point is that it's ok to have this many consistent recurring injuries, because it didn't stop us one year? Remember 2008? That totally sucked shit.

These JV playoff appearances are wasting the great Aaron's career.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:13:23 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Buckeye's point is that it's ok to have this many consistent recurring injuries, because it didn't stop us one year? Remember 2008? That totally sucked shit.

These JV playoff appearances are wasting the great Aaron's career.


No , my point is The Packers are trying to prevent these injuries, but guess what, look around the league, shit happens.

My point is, there are a lot more variables that go into winning then just injuries.

you bring up 2008 in 2014, why?????

The Packers were 6-10 in 2008 and you are blaming it on injuries?????

Fucking move on, that is my point.

THIS IS 2014, NOT 2008, NOT 2009, NOT 2010, NOT 2011, NOT 2012, NOT 2013!!!!!

Try enjoying the damn game, no matter who is playing!!!

I'm betting Aaron Rodgers doesn't lose any sleep over what happened in 2008, and I'm also betting whether he leads The Packers to another Super Bowl or not, when he retires, he will be labeled as one of the best to play the game in Green Bay.



Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 8/8/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 8/8/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / cheeseheads123

29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / polargrizz

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra