Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
longtimefan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:22:46 PM(UTC)
Saw this on another forum and wanted everyone elses opinion

Does he whine to much?

I never thought so but after today I say he really does
nickb364  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:24:39 PM(UTC)
what the hell is that :S
Wamzlee  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:25:45 PM(UTC)
Eli and him are so much alike. I think he does whine, but its just part of his character, he's very--for lack of a better word--flamboyant on the field, especially when using his hand signals.
Greg C.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:26:27 PM(UTC)
He did whine a lot today. He looked like an NBA player out there. The refs were calling the game a bit loose, which benefited the Packers' physical style of play, and I think Manning had legitimate gripes on a couple of non-calls. So I can't say I blame him for griping. Besides, it added to the fun of watching the Packers trounce his team.

Oh, getting back to your main point. I hadn't really noticed him whining too much in other games. He's always very animated out there, though, so he probably does.
WhiskeySam  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:27:11 PM(UTC)
The question of if he whines too much or was there supposed to be a link? He complains a lot, but so does Brady. Does that make them whiners or ultra-competitive? A little of both, but it usually depends if he plays for your team or not as to which side you come down on.
schroeder84  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:29:42 PM(UTC)
That is one of the reasons I have very little respect for Peyton Manning, the person. He can play football, no doubt, but he seems to be such a dick. If he is not yelling at the officials, he is yelling at his teammates, or yelling at somebody. On the sidelines, he looks like he has a stick up his butt. He is sour-faced and appears to be really unpleasant to be around.

Not a person I would want to deal with either professionally or in my personal life. Probably is just fine when he is winning, but let anything go wrong and somebody will be yelled at.

There are other ways to be a successful leader that are not so divisive.
Yared-Yam  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:30:52 PM(UTC)
Manning needs to just shut his mouth. Seemingly after every other incomplete pass he threw a temper-tantrum.

"I'M PEYTON MANNING, I DO NOT MISS MY RECIEVERS!!!"
zombieslayer  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:43:04 PM(UTC)
And people wonder why I don't like Peyton Manning.
bozz_2006  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:47:22 PM(UTC)
he was crying all afternoon.
beast  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:53:37 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The refs were calling the game a bit loose

yeah but usually the refs are too tight...

IMO they should be looser and let the players play.

And not really in Packers game but some calls on defense hitting the QBs this year have been out right bull calls.....

They were legal hits right as as just after the ball was let go and the refs called it illegal.
longtimefan  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:11:06 PM(UTC)
The question of if he whines too much or was there supposed to be a link? He complains a lot, but so does Brady. Does that make them whiners or ultra-competitive? A little of both, but it usually depends if he plays for your team or not as to which side you come down on.

no link as I said saw it on another forum and wanted this forums opinion
blueleopard  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:40:26 PM(UTC)
I don't see why you're calling Peyton Manning a whiner.

When Green Bay is getting its way on defense with their physical play style, every quarterback looks like that.
TengoJuego  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:54:32 PM(UTC)
Peyton Manning is a little crying baby when the game doesn't go his way.

[youtube]BPc6Dxq12t4[/youtube]
wpr  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 1:19:46 AM(UTC)
Yeah he is a cry baby. Late in the game when he threw an incomplete pass he was yelling of a flag before the ball even got to his receiver. Oh wait the ball never did get to him because it was a lousy throw.

The best thing about those 2 booth reviews with less than 2 min left in the game is that it took a TD away from Manning's career stats.
TwinkieGorilla  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 1:26:27 AM(UTC)
He did whine a lot today. He looked like an NBA player out there. The refs were calling the game a bit loose, which benefited the Packers' physical style of play, and I think Manning had legitimate gripes on a couple of non-calls. So I can't say I blame him for griping. Besides, it added to the fun of watching the Packers trounce his team.

i agree with this statement, but i'd like to add that Peyton is a prick of a whiny little bastich. i truly despise this commercial-whore of a player. he's no better than T.O. when it comes to the type of "it's all about me" playing on the field.

a truly deserved loss today. we made him look a fool, penalties or not. and this made me happier than any game thus far.
blueleopard  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 1:53:22 AM(UTC)
I'd still rather take Manning over Brady any day.
evad04  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 3:01:57 AM(UTC)
Yeah he is a cry baby. Late in the game when he threw an incomplete pass he was yelling of a flag before the ball even got to his receiver. Oh wait the ball never did get to him because it was a lousy throw.

The best thing about those 2 booth reviews with less than 2 min left in the game is that it took a TD away from Manning's career stats.

One of my buddies -- a diehard Colts fan -- was watching the game with me. He pointed out to me that Manning will throw towards receivers he believes were on the receiving end of penalties. Take that for whatever it's worth, but Manning IS a very cerebral quarterback. I've seen him do it before. He is usually pissy about penalties because he's usually right. I'm no Manning fan, but he's usually right. And in the case of today, there were some BAD no calls against the Colts. For instance on the play you eluded to the receiver was pushed to the ground.

But ... it's all good because the Packers won! :D
agopackgo4  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 3:41:29 AM(UTC)
And people wonder why I don't like Peyton Manning.

I dont like him either! but i have never seen anyone whine as bad as Phillip Rivers.
wpr  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 9:34:52 AM(UTC)

One of my buddies -- a diehard Colts fan -- was watching the game with me. He pointed out to me that Manning will throw towards receivers he believes were on the receiving end of penalties. Take that for whatever it's worth, but Manning IS a very cerebral quarterback. I've seen him do it before. He is usually pissy about penalties because he's usually right. I'm no Manning fan, but he's usually right. And in the case of today, there were some BAD no calls against the Colts. For instance on the play you eluded to the receiver was pushed to the ground.

But ... it's all good because the Packers won! :D

Oh I didn't say he wasn't right. I just hate all the whining. The refs have a job to do so let them do it. In all these years I have yet to see a ref change his mind and reverse his decision of a play after a player complained.
The coaches are the ones that should be talking to the refs about bad calls or non calls not the players.
All the complaining makes them look infantile.
It is almost as if Manning was saying, "Don't you know who I am? Haven't you seen any of my commercials?"
bigfog  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 10:10:08 AM(UTC)
That is one of the reasons I have very little respect for Peyton Manning, the person. He can play football, no doubt, but he seems to be such a dick. If he is not yelling at the officials, he is yelling at his teammates, or yelling at somebody. On the sidelines, he looks like he has a stick up his butt. He is sour-faced and appears to be really unpleasant to be around.

Not a person I would want to deal with either professionally or in my personal life. Probably is just fine when he is winning, but let anything go wrong and somebody will be yelled at.

There are other ways to be a successful leader that are not so divisive.

That sort of behavior is just not conducive to effective leadership. I can imagine that some of the players probably harbor some sort of resentment towards Manning and can't really act on it due to his status on the team.
Rss Feed