Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline warhawk  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:30:33 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Your right the fans have no say so at all in what Ted Thompson does or he would be gone already. He really has proven much lately besides Jennings. But that my opinion. We the fans don't own the Packers we just pay the taxes for them.


Do you even think before you post? What makes you think most fans don't like Ted Thompson? I think the haters are probably in the minority now.

Do you want me to post what Ted Thompson has done besides Jennings?


I'll do it for you.

'05 Draft: Rodgers, Collins, Poppinga, Montgomery

'06 Draft: Hawk Colledge, Jennings, Spitz, Blackmon, Moll, Jolly

'07 Draft: Jackson, Rouse, Jones, Hall, Bishop, Crosby, Wynn, Harrell

'08 Puppies: Nelson, Brohm, Lee, Finley, Thompson, Sitton

He's brought in wasted humanity in Pickett, Woodson, and Chillar, and for some stupid reason made sure guys like Harris, Barnett, Kampman, Driver and other under achievers are probably stuck here for their entire worthless careers by signing them to extensions.

and people want to know what Ted Thompsons done lately?

Let's see.....ummmmm, how about build a team that's only gone 17-7 in the regular season over the last year and a half.

I agree. Let's fire his butt.

PS, I also forgot he spent a whole 6th round pick for a measly 1000 yrd rusher in Grant. That cements it for this moran for sure.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline dfosterf  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:37:58 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 430

I am only sorry I'm only allowed to give a plus one to warhawk.
+1
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline wils0646  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:48:35 PM(UTC)
wils0646

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/15/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4

Back to the Jolly talk:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/33455504.html

Quote:
Jolly given until Dec. 2 to decide on trial
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel

Oct. 28, 2008 1:44 p.m. |
Green Bay -- Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly appeared in front of a Houston district court Tuesday, but did not have to offer a plea and will have a month to decide whether he wants to go to trial on felony drug possession charges

According to Houston assistant district attorney Donna Hawkins, a pre-trial motion day was scheduled for Dec. 2. At that hearing, a trial date will be set unless Jolly and his attorneys work out a plea agreement with the district attorney's office or Jolly pleads guilty.

The date of the hearing makes it appear likely that if Jolly has to go to trial it will occur after the season and he will not be restricted from playing with the Packers. In addition, the National Football League would probably not consider whether he violated the personal conduct policy until the trial occurs.

The new pre-trial motion date allows Jolly and his attorneys a little more than a month to reach a plea agreement if they so choose. Jolly won't have to make a guilty or not guily plea until the Dec. 2 hearing.

A grand jury found that there was enough evidence to indict Jolly, which means the district attorney's office can proceed with a trial. It's unknown whether there have been negotiations to reach a plea agreement thus far.

Jolly, 25, was arrested July 8 in Houston for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine. Shortly after his arrest, he posted $10,000 bond and was released. Jolly missed practice Monday to prepare for the court hearing, but his Packers responsibilities have otherwise been unaffected so far. The Packers' final regular season game is on Dec. 28. The post-season ends with the Super Bowl on Feb. 1


We should have him the rest of the season. We definitely needed him.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Offline dhazer  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:58:51 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 204

29-26 record in Ted Thompson era is all say on this. This is about Jolly and i won't get into an argument on this thread about it. I hope the best for Jolly but like i said i see atleast a 4 game suspension but then again it might not be until next year he has to serve it. Look at Jones in Jaxs he got busted for coke and he is appealing so his trial won't be till the off season.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline warhawk  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:15:27 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
29-26 record in Ted Thompson era is all say on this. This is about Jolly and i won't get into an argument on this thread about it. I hope the best for Jolly but like i said i see atleast a 4 game suspension but then again it might not be until next year he has to serve it. Look at Jones in Jaxs he got busted for coke and he is appealing so his trial won't be till the off season.



I forgot this is about Jolly. Thanks for reminding me.

Oh by the way, who was it that drafted him again?

Well I'll be darned.

By the way I'm not the one that brought up Ted's name in this thread to begin with and I wouldn't have carried your post in my response if you hadn't either.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline wils0646  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:25:54 PM(UTC)
wils0646

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/15/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Your right the fans have no say so at all in what Ted Thompson does or he would be gone already. He really has proven much lately besides Jennings. But that my opinion. We the fans don't own the Packers we just pay the taxes for them.


Do you even think before you post? What makes you think most fans don't like Ted Thompson? I think the haters are probably in the minority now.

Do you want me to post what Ted Thompson has done besides Jennings?


Please do, if you can spare two minutes.


See Warhawk's post:

Quote:

I'll do it for you.

'05 Draft: Rodgers, Collins, Poppinga, Montgomery

'06 Draft: Hawk Colledge, Jennings, Spitz, Blackmon, Moll, Jolly

'07 Draft: Jackson, Rouse, Jones, Hall, Bishop, Crosby, Wynn, Harrell

'08 Puppies: Nelson, Brohm, Lee, Finley, Thompson, Sitton

He's brought in wasted humanity in Pickett, Woodson, and Chillar, and for some stupid reason made sure guys like Harris, Barnett, Kampman, Driver and other under achievers are probably stuck here for their entire worthless careers by signing them to extensions.

and people want to know what Ted Thompsons done lately?

Let's see.....ummmmm, how about build a team that's only gone 17-7 in the regular season over the last year and a half.

I agree. Let's fire his butt.

PS, I also forgot he spent a whole 6th round pick for a measly 1000 yrd rusher in Grant. That cements it for this moron for sure.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Offline dfosterf  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:30:57 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 430

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Back to the Jolly talk:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/33455504.html

Quote:
Jolly given until Dec. 2 to decide on trial
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel

Oct. 28, 2008 1:44 p.m. |
Green Bay -- Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly appeared in front of a Houston district court Tuesday, but did not have to offer a plea and will have a month to decide whether he wants to go to trial on felony drug possession charges

According to Houston assistant district attorney Donna Hawkins, a pre-trial motion day was scheduled for Dec. 2. At that hearing, a trial date will be set unless Jolly and his attorneys work out a plea agreement with the district attorney's office or Jolly pleads guilty.

The date of the hearing makes it appear likely that if Jolly has to go to trial it will occur after the season and he will not be restricted from playing with the Packers. In addition, the National Football League would probably not consider whether he violated the personal conduct policy until the trial occurs.

The new pre-trial motion date allows Jolly and his attorneys a little more than a month to reach a plea agreement if they so choose. Jolly won't have to make a guilty or not guily plea until the Dec. 2 hearing.

A grand jury found that there was enough evidence to indict Jolly, which means the district attorney's office can proceed with a trial. It's unknown whether there have been negotiations to reach a plea agreement thus far.

Jolly, 25, was arrested July 8 in Houston for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine. Shortly after his arrest, he posted $10,000 bond and was released. Jolly missed practice Monday to prepare for the court hearing, but his Packers responsibilities have otherwise been unaffected so far. The Packers' final regular season game is on Dec. 28. The post-season ends with the Super Bowl on Feb. 1


We should have him the rest of the season. We definitely needed him.


I know it's apples and oranges, policies-wise...but what is making me real nervous is the bitchin' that will invariably occur by teams like the vikes if the commish were to suspend players like the Williams boys now or in the immediate future and leave Jolly out there playing. I mean, can't you just hear that argument now? 4 games for water pills while that Packer dude is skating along behind the legal system... they got a beef, imo. I just hope there is enough precedent set to somehow enable a legitimate argument to be made for his continued play this year, because you are 100% right, we need him.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline wils0646  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:37:17 PM(UTC)
wils0646

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/15/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Back to the Jolly talk:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/33455504.html

Quote:
Jolly given until Dec. 2 to decide on trial
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel

Oct. 28, 2008 1:44 p.m. |
Green Bay -- Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly appeared in front of a Houston district court Tuesday, but did not have to offer a plea and will have a month to decide whether he wants to go to trial on felony drug possession charges

According to Houston assistant district attorney Donna Hawkins, a pre-trial motion day was scheduled for Dec. 2. At that hearing, a trial date will be set unless Jolly and his attorneys work out a plea agreement with the district attorney's office or Jolly pleads guilty.

The date of the hearing makes it appear likely that if Jolly has to go to trial it will occur after the season and he will not be restricted from playing with the Packers. In addition, the National Football League would probably not consider whether he violated the personal conduct policy until the trial occurs.

The new pre-trial motion date allows Jolly and his attorneys a little more than a month to reach a plea agreement if they so choose. Jolly won't have to make a guilty or not guily plea until the Dec. 2 hearing.

A grand jury found that there was enough evidence to indict Jolly, which means the district attorney's office can proceed with a trial. It's unknown whether there have been negotiations to reach a plea agreement thus far.

Jolly, 25, was arrested July 8 in Houston for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine. Shortly after his arrest, he posted $10,000 bond and was released. Jolly missed practice Monday to prepare for the court hearing, but his Packers responsibilities have otherwise been unaffected so far. The Packers' final regular season game is on Dec. 28. The post-season ends with the Super Bowl on Feb. 1


We should have him the rest of the season. We definitely needed him.


I know it's apples and oranges, policies-wise...but what is making me real nervous is the bitchin' that will invariably occur by teams like the vikes if the commish were to suspend players like the Williams boys now or in the immediate future and leave Jolly out there playing. I mean, can't you just hear that argument now? 4 games for water pills while that Packer dude is skating along behind the legal system... they got a beef, imo. I just hope there is enough precedent set to somehow enable a legitimate argument to be made for his continued play this year, because you are 100% right, we need him.


I'm not sure why. I know the commish does these by a case-by-case basis and both cases are definitely different.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Offline longtimefan  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:13:02 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Those bastards over at PPO dropped a dime on him. I commented over there that I didn't think it quite right that the Williams' boys should get in trouble over water pills when we have Johnny Jolly playing with this hanging over his head. The next time I go online, literally hours later, down comes this indictment. That's what I get for trying to extend an olive branch to those dirty biqueens. No more Mr. nice guy, they obviously have a closet vikings fan in the D.A.'s office, or those clowns probably mounted some sort of campaign against us... conspiracy theory mode on full throttle.....



You got it all wrong lol. It was Brett that had the charge change. You know when he was on his Packer issued cell phone on a conference call with the vikings, matt millen, and the DA. He figured one of them would fix the Packers (this is a joke before i get slammed and called an asshole :pottytrain1: ) People remember we all knew this was coming and with hangman goddell Jolly will get punished i would say atleast 4 games.

Roddyboy wrote:
And I'm saying that "Doing a good job" is a relative thing.

Not all Packer fans think that he's doing a good job, Tripp...
Thats true.
Fortunately his job stald be gone won't be determined by a handful of hateful "packer fans".
It will be determined by people who care more about the Packer team and it's future.


Your right the fans have no say so at all in what Ted Thompson does or he would be gone already. He really has proven much lately besides Jennings. But that my opinion. We the fans don't own the Packers we just pay the taxes for them.


JFC

Can we stay the f&%^ on topic




Jolly might go to jail who wants him to be punished like the Williams guys will be?

Who thinks the nfl should wait till he goes to court to punish him

who thinks he should be suspended for life

Come on know grow the F^*&*^ up and let the damn Ted Thompson shit go for one GDF minute would ya
Offline wpr  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:47:32 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

I come to the site at the end of the work day and see 3 pages on Jolly's troubles only to find 2 1/2 pages of Ted crap. Great. :xcensoredx:


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Back to the Jolly talk:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/33455504.html

Quote:
Jolly given until Dec. 2 to decide on trial
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel

Oct. 28, 2008 1:44 p.m. |
Green Bay -- Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly appeared in front of a Houston district court Tuesday, but did not have to offer a plea and will have a month to decide whether he wants to go to trial on felony drug possession charges

According to Houston assistant district attorney Donna Hawkins, a pre-trial motion day was scheduled for Dec. 2. At that hearing, a trial date will be set unless Jolly and his attorneys work out a plea agreement with the district attorney's office or Jolly pleads guilty.

The date of the hearing makes it appear likely that if Jolly has to go to trial it will occur after the season and he will not be restricted from playing with the Packers. In addition, the National Football League would probably not consider whether he violated the personal conduct policy until the trial occurs.

The new pre-trial motion date allows Jolly and his attorneys a little more than a month to reach a plea agreement if they so choose. Jolly won't have to make a guilty or not guily plea until the Dec. 2 hearing.

A grand jury found that there was enough evidence to indict Jolly, which means the district attorney's office can proceed with a trial. It's unknown whether there have been negotiations to reach a plea agreement thus far.

Jolly, 25, was arrested July 8 in Houston for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine. Shortly after his arrest, he posted $10,000 bond and was released. Jolly missed practice Monday to prepare for the court hearing, but his Packers responsibilities have otherwise been unaffected so far. The Packers' final regular season game is on Dec. 28. The post-season ends with the Super Bowl on Feb. 1


We should have him the rest of the season. We definitely needed him.


I know it's apples and oranges, policies-wise...but what is making me real nervous is the bitchin' that will invariably occur by teams like the vikes if the commish were to suspend players like the Williams boys now or in the immediate future and leave Jolly out there playing. I mean, can't you just hear that argument now? 4 games for water pills while that Packer dude is skating along behind the legal system... they got a beef, imo. I just hope there is enough precedent set to somehow enable a legitimate argument to be made for his continued play this year, because you are 100% right, we need him.


I'm not sure why. I know the commish does these by a case-by-case basis and both cases are definitely different.


Both cases (or all three since the Williams boys are two separate cases and Jolly's is the 3rd.) are different.
If I am not mistaken, which I am a lot, the Williamses failed a drug test. Jolly did not.
Now Jolly had a sh!t lot of a controlled substance but he also has (had) a prescription for at least some of it.
The Williamses did not break any laws. Jolly may well have. Let's let the court decide that one.
Why Jolly had to be in that parking lot at that time of the night, or morning, is beyond me.
Even if he plea bargains out of trouble in TX he most likely will still face a penalty from [size=18]The Commish[/size].
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline DakotaT  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:00:02 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,376

What exactly did Jolly do anyway? He mixed up a whopping kick me in the ass party drink from his prescription medication. If anything he's guilty of being a moron. Gee the cops are coming so I'll just keep holding this glass of narcotics. He deserves a couples games just for being a dumbass, but unfortunately those poor picked on Vikings will be the only ones punished this year.

I let Warhawk do most of my speaking when it comes to the Ted Thompson bashers, that boy has wicked skills. 18 months with Pyle took me to places I didn't like. But come on Ted Thompson haters, get some material to back up your arguments. Christ, you can't even use Wahle anymore, because what I watched from him in the Seattle game made me want to send Uncle Ted a love letter, signed Tromadz of course,. Another couple games from Favre like he played against KC las week, and you won't even be able to use getin rid of the legend anymore.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#62 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:11:19 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
What exactly did Jolly do anyway? He mixed up a whopping kick me in the ass party drink from his prescription medication. If anything he's guilty of being a moron. Gee the cops are coming so I'll just keep holding this glass of narcotics. He deserves a couples games just for being a dumbass, but unfortunately those poor picked on Vikings will be the only ones punished this year.

.


He had more then a script of the stuff from my understanding, more like enough for like 200 pills of the stuff was my understanding.
Offline dfosterf  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:17:48 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 430

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I come to the site at the end of the work day and see 3 pages on Jolly's troubles only to find 2 1/2 pages of Ted crap. Great. :xcensoredx:


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Back to the Jolly talk:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/33455504.html

Quote:
Jolly given until Dec. 2 to decide on trial
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel

Oct. 28, 2008 1:44 p.m. |
Green Bay -- Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly appeared in front of a Houston district court Tuesday, but did not have to offer a plea and will have a month to decide whether he wants to go to trial on felony drug possession charges

According to Houston assistant district attorney Donna Hawkins, a pre-trial motion day was scheduled for Dec. 2. At that hearing, a trial date will be set unless Jolly and his attorneys work out a plea agreement with the district attorney's office or Jolly pleads guilty.

The date of the hearing makes it appear likely that if Jolly has to go to trial it will occur after the season and he will not be restricted from playing with the Packers. In addition, the National Football League would probably not consider whether he violated the personal conduct policy until the trial occurs.

The new pre-trial motion date allows Jolly and his attorneys a little more than a month to reach a plea agreement if they so choose. Jolly won't have to make a guilty or not guily plea until the Dec. 2 hearing.

A grand jury found that there was enough evidence to indict Jolly, which means the district attorney's office can proceed with a trial. It's unknown whether there have been negotiations to reach a plea agreement thus far.

Jolly, 25, was arrested July 8 in Houston for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine. Shortly after his arrest, he posted $10,000 bond and was released. Jolly missed practice Monday to prepare for the court hearing, but his Packers responsibilities have otherwise been unaffected so far. The Packers' final regular season game is on Dec. 28. The post-season ends with the Super Bowl on Feb. 1


We should have him the rest of the season. We definitely needed him.


I know it's apples and oranges, policies-wise...but what is making me real nervous is the bitchin' that will invariably occur by teams like the vikes if the commish were to suspend players like the Williams boys now or in the immediate future and leave Jolly out there playing. I mean, can't you just hear that argument now? 4 games for water pills while that Packer dude is skating along behind the legal system... they got a beef, imo. I just hope there is enough precedent set to somehow enable a legitimate argument to be made for his continued play this year, because you are 100% right, we need him.


I'm not sure why. I know the commish does these by a case-by-case basis and both cases are definitely different.


Both cases (or all three since the Williams boys are two separate cases and Jolly's is the 3rd.) are different.
If I am not mistaken, which I am a lot, the Williamses failed a drug test. Jolly did not.
Now Jolly had a sh!t lot of a controlled substance but he also has (had) a prescription for at least some of it.
The Williamses did not break any laws. Jolly may well have. Let's let the court decide that one.
Why Jolly had to be in that parking lot at that time of the night, or morning, is beyond me.
Even if he plea bargains out of trouble in TX he most likely will still face a penalty from [size=18]The Commish[/size].


Part of what is very disconcerting is what did NOT happen today. I would imagine that Jolly's attorney has been working to try and get this plea'd downwards into misdemeanor-land, and it isn't happening. I have nothing really to go on, but it sure doesn't look promising. I would have liked to hear that they cut a deal, but then again, also in the pure speculation arena, it is also possible that it's a strategy to try and keep the hammer from falling during the season, which is what would occur I suppose if he did cop to a lesser charge. I hope my wished for scenario is accurate, the alternative could easily wipe out his NFL career, dependent upon just exactly what the hell was going on in that car... if this thing sticks in felony-land, he is going to get boar-hogged by the NFL in addition to probably doing time. The reason I keep thinking that is that 9 times out of 10 this crap would have already been reduced down if it was reasonably and even most times somewhat unreasonably arguable as a personal use possibility.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline porky88  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:06:16 AM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

As long as he plays out this season I don't care about Jolly's personal problems right now.

In the off season though, GB will have to take a look at this. If they believe Jolly can change his ways, then he's worth hanging on. If not, then Jolly should be released.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:02:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

I don't believe this is 'Jollys way' of doing things. From my understanding he does not have a habitual or even reoccurring problem with this and it was a one time thing.

I haven't read too much about it in the last month or so. I might be out of the loop on a few things. I've been focusing on the Packers season instead.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline PackerTraxx  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:49:38 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

IMO if Jolly is quilty of intent to distribute he should go to jail, bad break for the Pack. If the Texas officials are blowing this out of proportion shame on them.

It would be interesting to see if it were treated the same if he were a Cowboy star ala Micheal Irving.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline longtimefan  
#67 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:11:58 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Quote:
Jolly, who was indicted this week on a charge of felony drug possession in connection with his July 8 arrest in Houston with 200 grams of codeine, has to decide before Dec. 2 whether to work out a plea agreement or take his case to trial. The trial would likely occur after the season, however, so Jolly doesn't expect his legal entanglement to affect his availability. "I'll be here," Jolly said, before declining further comment


200 grams of codeine equals 7 ounces
Offline dhazer  
#68 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:39:39 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 204

Well maybe the sign has been put out there. The commish has suspended rb Larry Johnson 1 game for spitting in a womans face. With that i see atleast 4 games for Jolly soon.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#69 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:03:21 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 358

I believe that Jolly will get punished by the NFL before the end of the season, so I think the Packers should be proactive in the matter.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / stevegb

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / civic

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann