Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tromadz  
#26 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:42:51 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Well, at least Aaron Rodgers's stats look good. That's what is most important.

See, people say you're not a good troll when in reality you're one of the best. Bravo, man!
Offline tromadz  
#27 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:44:01 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Like in the playoff game last year, we were just one play away from winning(like one of the 238273 interception attempts this game).

Didn't make em. Lost.

To a 8-0 team.

Now we have the Vikings and Bears the next two weeks. OH NO! HOW WILL WE FARE?!?!?!

Relax, spazzes.
Offline MassPackersFan  
#28 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:45:13 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

It's not as though the entire game came down to one series, so don't get the wrong idea -- but I disagreed with the playcalling on the last part of our final offensive series. We were in Tennessee territory and on 1st and 2nd down we took some 5-step drop plays and tried to force it downfield. If we take a little bit of the clock with us there, and set up for a more manageable 3rd down, then maybe we have a chance to kick the field goal rather than punt. From that point on it was all Tennesse (notwithstanding the Bironas miss at the end of regulation).

I thought the Packers showed up today. It didn't always look pretty on offense, but that's going to happen against a top defense. Outside of a few big plays, the defense played great. It's a shame Tennessee won it -- it almost felt like they stole it from us. Meh. The Packers are still in the thick of things. They just have to do their job against the division teams. I'm going to the game next week, and I'm their good luck charm at the dome (2-0 the last two years :))

I agree 100%. I could NOT believe we didn't run on 1st and 2nd down at their 45. That was the ballgame right there.
UserPostedImage
Offline blueleopard  
#29 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:55:20 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 72

The Vikings and Bears are gonna be even more physical.

The good news is that Green Bay is just as physical, and now Bigby and Harris should be totally focused this time.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline MassPackersFan  
#30 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:56:35 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Received: 7

The Vikings? More physical? Uhh.... neh. I don't agree at all.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#31 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:59:25 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Received: 21

The good news is that Green Bay is just as physical, and now Bigby and Harris should be totally focused this time.

I dont think so, i think this titan team is VERY physical hard to think the Bears will be more then them
Offline tromadz  
#32 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:01:20 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Are you familiar with the teams you just mentioned? I would guess NO. lol.
Online buckeyepackfan  
#33 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:05:57 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 458

See, people say you're not a good troll when in reality you're one of the best. Bravo, man!

I don't thinkl so chump. Every week it's always about how well Aaron Rogers played, just stating the obvious.

I am tired of hearing "well at least we played well".

This team has a serious "can't win the close one problem".

The reasons are obvious, but if I list them I will be labeled "a hater" or "a troll", so I will let you figure it out, you seem to know just about everything these days.

So Please Trom, contact Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson and let them know how to play winning football.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#34 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:09:23 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

For a loss I was pleased with the way we held are own on the road against the unbeaten team. People wonder why we can't run should try to take on Albert Haynsworth for themselves. Plus sure it's an excuse but if we get the coin toss in ot it's maybe the Titan fans compl;aining about not winning the close one
Offline longtimefan  
#35 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:11:40 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Received: 21

I don't thinkl so chump. Every week it's always about how well Aaron Rogers played, just stating the obvious.

The reasons are obvious, but if I list them I will be labeled "a hater" or "a troll", so I will let you figure it out, you seem to know just about everything these days.

So Please Trom, contact Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson and let them know how to play winning football.

Reasons are obvious..

Driver and Jennings dropping passes, rodgers throwing a ba dint,
The o-l not blocking well enough on about 7 plays

The d not stepping up in ot

what else is obvious?

or yeah, bigby not holding onto a clear int
Offline dfosterf  
#36 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:12:37 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 430

I have a load on, so I will answer this question. I'm not calling you, or anyone, a chump.. but you tell me why everything is so obvious to you, yet escapes the rest of us. Tell us all why we cannot win a close one. I am dying to hear your profound wisdom.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:14:24 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

I haven't read a single post in this thread. All I am saying, I'm pissed we lost. I've done the first half and we had quite a few opportunities and failed miserably to convert on them. Really not happy.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#38 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:14:46 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

As Lombardi said "we never lose a close one sometimes the time just runs out too soon"
If the Titans miss that kick I'm almost sure we take it back and score. To me ot is often more the luck of the draw
Offline dingus  
#39 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:34:09 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 27

Saw Aaron on the postgame Interview, he took full responsibility for some bad decisions and that makes me happy that he's our QB, Non of that "my receiver was in the wrong place" crap.

Aaron doesn't give a damn about stats, most people on this board don't give a damn about stats so why bring it up other than to lay blame, point fingers and piss off fans.
blank
Online buckeyepackfan  
#40 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:47:10 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 458

I have a load on, so I will answer this question. I'm not calling you, or anyone, a chump.. but you tell me why everything is so obvious to you, yet escapes the rest of us. Tell us all why we cannot win a close one. I am dying to hear your profound wisdom.

are you ready...............here it comes..........

"FAT,DRUNK, AND STUPID IS NO WAY TO GO THROUGH LIFE SON"
Animal House, dean Wormer. :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Cheesey  
#41 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:59:36 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 204
Applause Received: 439

As Lombardi said "we never lose a close one sometimes the time just runs out too soon"
If the Titans miss that kick I'm almost sure we take it back and score. To me ot is often more the luck of the draw

I know alot of people don't like the "sudden death" in the NFL overtimes. I don't really mind it, as it makes the team that loses the coin toss make plays on defense. If you stop them and get the ball for your O, you get a chance to win. If your D screws it up (like ours did today) you lose.

We had SO many chances. We outgained them, but put very little up on the scoreboard for all the yards. We had a few plays that looked like they were gonna be huge, but the Titans always seemed to make a shoestring tackle to stop our guys.
We had out shots, and came up short.
UserPostedImage
Offline schroeder84  
#42 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:50:32 PM(UTC)
schroeder84

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 8

Ideally, the silly overtime format shouldn't have mattered. I was very pleased to see that the O was moving the ball pretty well for the most part. Good numbers, except for points total.

To work on? Red Zone Offense.
Offline Packnic  
#43 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:50:40 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Received: 6

are you ready...............here it comes..........

"FAT,DRUNK, AND STUPID IS NO WAY TO GO THROUGH LIFE SON"
Animal House, dean Wormer. :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

KY.
blank
Offline Roddyboy  
#44 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:51:54 PM(UTC)
Roddyboy

4-4

.500 football.

Wow.

I'm so glad that Ted Thompson gave Aaron Rodgers all that $$$ to be mediocre.
:roll:

They already have more losses than the last year when the other guy whom can't mention here was at the helm.

***edit***
QUIT with the bullshit.
- Zero
blank
Offline Packnic  
#45 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:52:26 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Received: 6

I personally think Aaron Rouse should start next week. He brings every bit of the physical play that Atart Bigby brings.... but he also brings the big play potential. and a meaness i didnt see in this game.
blank
Offline porky88  
#46 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:46:19 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

Why can't the reason we loss is that Tennessee is a very good team?

They haven't loss a game for a reason and Jeff Fisher seemed to praise the Packers after the game actually referring to GB as a good football team. This was two good teams going toe to toe and GB was on the road. In the end Tennessee made fewer mistakes and that's why they won the game in my opinion.

That and a coin toss.
Offline beast  
#47 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:50:55 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 322

I agree with that. But I have to add the Packers did miss a lot of big/huge plays.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Cheesey  
#48 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 1:36:51 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 204
Applause Received: 439

I agree with that. But I have to add the Packers did miss a lot of big/huge plays.

Those INT drops could have turned the game around. But we didn't make the plays, period. Had chances, and blew it. Thats the difference between an average team and a good team.
UserPostedImage
Offline agopackgo4  
#49 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 3:22:22 AM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

Those INT drops could have turned the game around. But we didn't make the plays, period. Had chances, and blew it. Thats the difference between an average team and a good team.

Yup, that was my original point in my first post. They took advantage of their chances when they needed to. And we did not.
Offline TimeToThink  
#50 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 4:11:23 AM(UTC)
TimeToThink

We missed some opportunities. This game was completely in reach.

I know a lot of fans are saying we're a mediocre team, but I think this game showed we're better than average. The titans are undefeated, for cripes sake! And we nearly pulled off an upset in their house.

I understand that a loss is a loss and a loss sucks. But, let's be honest. A bad or even mediocre team wouldn't have been able to take the Titans to overtime.

We have some work to do before we can consistently pull games like that out at the end against the toughest opponents, so we're not a top tier team yet. But we're still above average.
blank
Rss Feed