Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Greg C.  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:25:37 PM(UTC)
Well, the Packers went toe-to-toe in a road game with the only undefeated team in the NFL, and they just about won it. With just one or two more plays, this would've been a win. Frustrating.

On the plus side, this was the best game yet for the OL. They did fine with Colledge taking over for Clifton after the injury and Sitton moving into the lineup. After a shaky start, they gave Aaron Rodgers lots of time to throw the ball. Unfortunately, Rodgers made two boneheaded plays in a row in the third quarter--an interception and a fumble. He also overthrew Jennings deep on one play. (Siragusa said Jennings slowed up, but it didn't look like that on the replay.) Also, the receivers dropped a few balls. Not to mention a couple of interceptions dropped by the Packer DB's.

Coulda shoulda woulda. And now we're 4-4. But the Packers did look like one of the better teams in the league out there today. And next week they'll be at the Metrodome, so they'll have no time to hang their heads.
MassPackersFan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:28:54 PM(UTC)
They did a lot of things well. It would have been a huge win. I hope they can still take all of the good things they did (especially on defense) out of it. Just nothing left in the tank at the end.
gotarace  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:33:41 PM(UTC)
The defense layed it on the line this week and almost pulled off the upset. Hope there is no letdown as the Vikings will be ready to play the packers next week in the humpty dumpty dome. We played well with a undefeated team this week and i hope we can build on it.
millertime  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:35:54 PM(UTC)
I was really thinking that this would be A-Rod's first chance to out our team on his shoulders and single-handedly will our team to a victory.

Unfortunately, our defense never gave him a chance. It's just a real shame because we played good defense the entire game except for the last 2 minutes.

Sigh.. (looking forward to crushing the Queens next weekend)
DGB454  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:22:11 PM(UTC)
I believe if the coin toss went the other way we would be looking at a W instead of a L.
MassPackersFan  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:24:34 PM(UTC)
No doubt about it. But we had 1st and 10 at their 45 with time left on the clock in the 4th. It never should've gone to OT. RUN THE BALL.
Cheesey  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:35:12 PM(UTC)
I'm frustrated. Our D did ok, but once again got NO pressure on the QB. Seems Collins had all day to throw, while Rodgers was running for his life every time he dropped back to pass.
Our D had a chance to be heroes......but they blew it.
yooperfan  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:05:56 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm frustrated. Our D did ok, but once again got NO pressure on the QB. Seems Collins had all day to throw, while Rodgers was running for his life every time he dropped back to pass.

Our D gave up nearly 180 yards rushing and I don't understand Sanders decision to go into the nickle prevent defense in O.T.
Still, holding the Titans to 19 points should have been good enough to get us a win since we had over 400 yards of total offense.
Bigbyfan  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:08:07 PM(UTC)
I'm patiently waiting for the idiotic comments of a certain Packer haters... blaming this on Ted Thompson and AR.

I think you all know what posters I am talking about...
Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:09:02 PM(UTC)

Our D gave up nearly 180 yards rushing and I don't understand Sanders decision to go into the nickle prevent defense in O.T.
Still, holding the Titans to 19 points should have been good enough to get us a win since we had over 400 yards of total offense.

I know.......our O just couldn't get a TD to save their lives. We moved the ball, but stalled everytime but once when we got in close. A waste of a chance to stay even with the Bears.
dingus  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:17:01 PM(UTC)
I'm patiently waiting for the idiotic comments of a certain Packer haters... blaming this on Ted Thompson and Aaron Rodgers.

I think you all know what posters I am talking about...

Your wait will be short-lived, it's going on in most of the other threads.
dingus  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:18:34 PM(UTC)

I know.......our O just couldn't get a TD to save their lives. We moved the ball, but stalled everytime but once when we got in close. A waste of a chance to stay even with the Bears.

That's what I hated about the match ups this weekend, but the bears get the Titans next week and we get to go for the sweep over the queens!
TheEngineer  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:26:38 PM(UTC)
I didn't see the game, but the highlights suggested:

Rodgers did pretty well, other than the interception then fumble. Otherwise he performed solidly.

Grant ground it out again, nothing spectacular.

Defense moved backwards after the last three games.

That about right?
MassPackersFan  
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:05:59 PM(UTC)
Defense was playing much tougher, I thought. No turnovers was the only setback from previous games. Otherwise they played a good game.

On a side note, Al Harris seems really susceptible to the back shoulder pass. We're lucky they didn't complete about 3 of those today.
porky88  
#15 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:38:41 PM(UTC)
It was one of those games that both teams deserved to win. I thought the Packers played real well considering their opponent. They certainly were a worthy opponent for Tennessee and that's saying a lot.

With that said, GB needs to win the next two games IMO.
Roddyboy  
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:44:14 PM(UTC)
I was really thinking that this would be A-Rod's first chance to out our team on his shoulders and single-handedly will our team to a victory.

Unfortunately, our defense never gave him a chance. It's just a real shame because we played good defense the entire game except for the last 2 minutes.

He's not that kind of QB....

He's a game manager.

The guy who would do what you described was locked out of the Packer Locker room by TT.

That's the price you pay for that decision.....
porky88  
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:52:37 PM(UTC)

He's not that kind of QB....

He's a game manager.

The guy who would do what you described was locked out of the Packer Locker room by Ted Thompson.

That's the price you pay for that decision.....

The word game manger isn't how I would exactly describe Aaron Rodgers.

Yes, Rodgers is at his best when he's only allowed to manage the game, but then again so is every QB in the entire league.

Kerry Collins played like a game manger today. Joe Flacco is a game manager. Trent Edwards is another one.

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to throw for 3,800 yards and 26 touchdowns.

Those are not the statistics a "game manger" puts up.

I would like for Rodgers to be a game manger because it means the team is better in other areas, but the fact is the team is struggling in two key areas. Stopping the run and running the ball.

That's why GB is 4-4. Not because Aaron Rodgers.

The next two games define the season IMO.
Greg C.  
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:13:12 PM(UTC)

This game exposed Bob Sanders' flaws. He continues to not blitz, which is inexcusable with Kerry Collins. The game momentum went the Packers' way when they sacked and pressured Collins in the first half. After that, no pressure.

Then, to play the nickel prevent in OT against Thunder and Lightning?! Blunder, blunder, blunder!

That decision was the game.

I thought they blitzed more than usual today, but they just didn't get to the QB fast enough. I'll have to watch the game again to be sure.
Packnic  
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:41:03 PM(UTC)
Aaron Rouse.
beast  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:53:53 PM(UTC)
We left too many big play on the field. 10 points and 3 picks at least.
Rss Feed