Green Bay Packers Forum
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Roddyboy  
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:44:14 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I was really thinking that this would be A-Rod's first chance to out our team on his shoulders and single-handedly will our team to a victory.

Unfortunately, our defense never gave him a chance. It's just a real shame because we played good defense the entire game except for the last 2 minutes.


Sigh.. (looking forward to crushing the Queens next weekend)


He's not that kind of QB....

He's a game manager.

The guy who would do what you described was locked out of the Packer Locker room by TT.

That's the price you pay for that decision.....
Offline porky88  
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:52:37 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I was really thinking that this would be A-Rod's first chance to out our team on his shoulders and single-handedly will our team to a victory.

Unfortunately, our defense never gave him a chance. It's just a real shame because we played good defense the entire game except for the last 2 minutes.


Sigh.. (looking forward to crushing the Queens next weekend)


He's not that kind of QB....

He's a game manager.

The guy who would do what you described was locked out of the Packer Locker room by Ted Thompson.

That's the price you pay for that decision.....


The word game manger isn't how I would exactly describe Aaron Rodgers.

Yes, Rodgers is at his best when he's only allowed to manage the game, but then again so is every QB in the entire league.

Kerry Collins played like a game manger today. Joe Flacco is a game manager. Trent Edwards is another one.

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to throw for 3,800 yards and 26 touchdowns.

Those are not the statistics a "game manger" puts up.

I would like for Rodgers to be a game manger because it means the team is better in other areas, but the fact is the team is struggling in two key areas. Stopping the run and running the ball.

That's why GB is 4-4. Not because Aaron Rodgers.

The next two games define the season IMO.
Offline Greg C.  
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:13:12 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm frustrated. Our D did ok, but once again got NO pressure on the QB. Seems Collins had all day to throw, while Rodgers was running for his life every time he dropped back to pass.
Our D had a chance to be heroes......but they blew it.


This game exposed Bob Sanders' flaws. He continues to not blitz, which is inexcusable with Kerry Collins. The game momentum went the Packers' way when they sacked and pressured Collins in the first half. After that, no pressure.

Then, to play the nickel prevent in OT against Thunder and Lightning?! Blunder, blunder, blunder!

That decision was the game.


I thought they blitzed more than usual today, but they just didn't get to the QB fast enough. I'll have to watch the game again to be sure.
Offline Packnic  
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:41:03 PM(UTC)
Aaron Rouse.
Offline beast  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:53:53 PM(UTC)
We left too many big play on the field. 10 points and 3 picks at least.
Offline beast  
#21 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:55:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm frustrated. Our D did ok, but once again got NO pressure on the QB. Seems Collins had all day to throw, while Rodgers was running for his life every time he dropped back to pass.
Our D had a chance to be heroes......but they blew it.


This game exposed Bob Sanders' flaws. He continues to not blitz, which is inexcusable with Kerry Collins. The game momentum went the Packers' way when they sacked and pressured Collins in the first half. After that, no pressure.

Then, to play the nickel prevent in OT against Thunder and Lightning?! Blunder, blunder, blunder!

That decision was the game.


I thought they blitzed more than usual today, but they just didn't get to the QB fast enough. I'll have to watch the game again to be sure.


They shouldn't blitz because there just bad at it. They should drop at 7 in coverage.
Offline dfosterf  
#22 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:58:09 PM(UTC)
Didn't we get to Collins a couple of times today? I was too worked up about the whole thing to pay that much attention to it. Those fffer's are good... let's not make any mistakes about that. We, like all fans, will emphasize what we did wrong, and so will our coaches/players/staff... yada, yada, yada.... we went into their house and gave them a real good scare... it isn't much to hang our hat on, but at the same time it isn't much to crucify anyone on our team over, either... I'm just sayin'...
Online Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:59:30 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
They shouldn't blitz because there just bad at it. They should drop at 7 in coverage.


Then we get picked apart with short throws, screens and draw plays and not to mention run all over.
Offline Cheesey  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 1:32:09 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I was really thinking that this would be A-Rod's first chance to out our team on his shoulders and single-handedly will our team to a victory.

Unfortunately, our defense never gave him a chance. It's just a real shame because we played good defense the entire game except for the last 2 minutes.


Sigh.. (looking forward to crushing the Queens next weekend)


He's not that kind of QB....

He's a game manager.

The guy who would do what you described was locked out of the Packer Locker room by Ted Thompson.

That's the price you pay for that decision.....

Blah blah blah Ted Thompson blah blah blah Brett Favre blah blah blah.

Same S**T, different thread.
Offline Cheesey  
#25 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 1:32:55 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm patiently waiting for the idiotic comments of a certain Packer haters... blaming this on Ted Thompson and Aaron Rodgers.

I think you all know what posters I am talking about...

Didn't have to wait too long, did ya???LOLOLOL!!! thumbleft:
Offline longtimefan  
#26 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 2:24:35 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I was really thinking that this would be A-Rod's first chance to out our team on his shoulders and single-handedly will our team to a victory.

Unfortunately, our defense never gave him a chance. It's just a real shame because we played good defense the entire game except for the last 2 minutes.


Sigh.. (looking forward to crushing the Queens next weekend)


He's not that kind of QB....

He's a game manager.

The guy who would do what you described was locked out of the Packer Locker room by Ted Thompson.

That's the price you pay for that decision.....


i bet you would be schocked to hear it wa sMm wouldnt ya

I bet you would piss oyur pants to hear Ted Thompson listened to MM
Offline djcubez  
#27 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 2:29:04 AM(UTC)
Zero, how do you continue to not ban this roddy guy. It's the same shit every thread. I understand that he's entitled to his opinion but at this point I would consider it trolling...
Offline TheEngineer  
#28 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 2:40:24 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Zero, how do you continue to not ban this roddy guy. It's the same shit every thread. I understand that he's entitled to his opinion but at this point I would consider it trolling...


It's not his fault, Roddyboy was a parrot in his previous life.
Offline wpr  
#29 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 2:54:39 AM(UTC)
Good game by the Packers for the most part.
While I have not been overly critical of management, I think the coaches are the ones who lost this game. Soft defense in OT coupled with that horrible time out at the end regulation were examples of this.
The Titans got 7 yards on 1st down and looked like they were willing to run out the clock and go into overtime since they were deep in their own end of the field. Instead GB calls a TO giving the Titans time to talk it over and then copmplete a long pass for a 1st down. After that they decided to try and move into FG range.
It kept the defense out there for the rest of the 4th quarter and they had nothing left when they went right back out for the OT.
Without the GB TO the Titans may have kept the ball on the ground and ran a couple of more plays to finish off regulation. The defense would not have been pressed as much and been ready for the OT.
Offline shanks2122  
#30 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 3:16:38 PM(UTC)
LOVED THE GAME OTHER THAN THE OUT COME THOUGHT THE TEAMPLAYED VERY WELL TURNOVERS HURT BUT THATS FOOTBALL I HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY
ANYBODY THAT HAS ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THE PLAYERS DIDNT WATCH THE GAME THEY PLAYED REALLY HARD
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / FLORIDA PACKER88

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / packerfanoutwest

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT


Tweeter