Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cheeseheads123  
#31 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:38:15 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 85
Applause Received: 176
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Just saw the postgame interview with Aaron and he took the brunt of the blame for the loss. Stood there and said how his decision making was poor this afternoon.

There's lots to pick apart about today but RG's game shouldn't be considered the deciding factor in the loss.
It seems like rodgers puts all of the losses on himself.
Offline Cheesey  
#32 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:45:20 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 693
Applause Received: 788
Just saw the postgame interview with Aaron and he took the brunt of the blame for the loss. Stood there and said how his decision making was poor this afternoon.

There's lots to pick apart about today but RG's game shouldn't be considered the deciding factor in the loss.

Thats what a leader does. Takes responsibility. I like that.
The poor guy was getting creamed all game. Running for his life. If he would have had some time, i bet he could have picked their D apart.
Offline Cheesey  
#33 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:47:15 PM(UTC)

United States
I think Grant played great, until we needed him to make a play near the end of the game. That is what I find painful. Tough loss, but I do think our many missed INT opportunities is what made the difference and not Grant. Oh yeah and the stupid Overtime rule. A game should not be largely decided by a coin flip.

NFL overtime just pisses me right off. This is one area where College ball has the right idea and to me, the NFL is just idiotic to not take their overtime and run with it.

A coin flip vs both teams getting the ball until one finally stops the other.

Goddamn NFL.

It IS frustrating. But fact is, if our D would have stopped them, we could have had a shot. Truth is, they should have beat us in regulation. We just got lucky that their kicker missed. Our D had a chance to "save the day" and looked like crap when it counted the most.
Offline yooperfan  
#34 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:53:23 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 1,354
Applause Received: 558
I thought Grant had a pretty good day against a very good defense.
Offline millertime  
#35 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:00:09 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 35
It IS frustrating. But fact is, if our D would have stopped them, we could have had a shot. Truth is, they should have beat us in regulation. We just got lucky that their kicker missed. Our D had a chance to "save the day" and looked like crap when it counted the most.

Our D had two opportunities to stop the Titans, once at the end of regulation and once in overtime, but couldn't stop them either time. Frustrating....
Offline Cheesey  
#36 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:07:22 PM(UTC)

United States

Our D had two opportunities to stop the Titans, once at the end of regulation and once in overtime, but couldn't stop them either time. Frustrating....

Yup Miller, that what i saw. They had the chance, then got lucky to have a second shot to pull it out, but were unable to tighten up when it mattered the most.
A waste of a good shot to pull out the W.
Offline bozz_2006  
#37 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:08:25 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14
I haven't read any of the replies, but to the original poster:

Are you kidding me? He ran his ass off against an excellent defense. I don't know what game you were watching. I thought he did excellent today. Yeah, I would've liked him to run for about 6 td's and 200 yards, but oh well.
Offline dingus  
#38 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:14:32 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 36

Thats what a leader does. Takes responsibility. I like that.
The poor guy was getting creamed all game. Running for his life. If he would have had some time, i bet he could have picked their D apart.

Totally agree cheesey, guess I should have qualified the comment a bit more. I was impressed by Rodgers taking responsibility and I'm sure that most in the locker room are saying the same things.

It's a frustrating loss for sure but this young team will turn the corner sooner than later and that's what I'm excited about.
Offline porky88  
#39 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:41:12 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 506
Ridiculous topic. Where was this post when GB played Dallas or Tampa Bay? At least then it had merit. All things considered, Grant played very well and he gave the Packers a good enough running game that at least Tennessee had to respect it.

Now I'm not crazy about Ryan Grant and I think he might be a bust, but this was a good week for him in my opinion.

I guess what I'm saying is this wasn't exactly the right week to raise the question on whether or not Grant should be benched or released.
Offline bakler5  
#40 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:30:55 PM(UTC)

um grant had his best looking game of the year. if anyone looked bad today it was jennings. he played with his head in his ass it seemed like.
Rss Feed