Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
beast  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 7:53:23 PM(UTC)
at LT? Clifton or Colledge?

I know the easy answer is Clifton and there is also Colledge haters.

But think about it. When have the Packers run the best? Answer: With Clifton on the bench.

Clifton with out a doubt is one of the best pass blockers in the NFL but it takes a well rounded game. Which Clifton doesn't seem to be too good in the run game.

While Colledge on the other hand is good at both run and pass blocking but great at neither.
gbpfan  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 7:59:20 PM(UTC)
well lets see a-rod goes to make a pass and he almost falls wonder who stepped on him oh yea that would be collage he needs to step up not back he did that last year to brett i like when cliff is in :icon_smile:
bozz_2006  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 8:02:38 PM(UTC)
I do believe that Colledge is Clifton's eventual replacement, as he has been ever since we was drafted. If Clifton is understood to be in the steady decline, I see no problem getting Colledge some time at LT.
bozz_2006  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 8:03:32 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
well lets see a-rod goes to make a pass and he almost falls wonder who stepped on him oh yea that would be collage he needs to step up not back he did that last year to brett i like when cliff is in :icon_smile:

and he does have to step back. that's how a pocket is formed.
Greg C.  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 8:49:14 PM(UTC)
Clifton is not much of a run blocker, but he specializes in shutting down elite pass rushers, which is what LT's are paid to do. Tennessee's RE, Kyle Vandenbosch, was out with an injury yesterday, so Colledge was playing against a backup. He did his job well, and I give him credit for that, but we don't know yet how he will play against an elite pass rusher.

So for now I would still go with Clifton, but I was encouraged by Colledge's performance yesterday. To me, he's always looked more natural at tackle than at guard.
Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 8:50:33 PM(UTC)
How does a guy who was out have stats? Silly guy! He played!!
dhazer  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 8:59:44 PM(UTC)
zero van de only played maybe a quarter and he pulled himself out because he couldn't move side to side.
beast  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 9:58:42 PM(UTC)

Who said anybody was out? i just said bench which he was on the bench for a while, which he was for some reason. and Sitton went to RG, Spitz to LG and Colledge to LT.
Greg C.  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 11:23:02 PM(UTC)

Vanden Bosch had one tackle and one assist. So he was out there for at least two plays. Congratulations for reading the box score. The announcers pointed out that he was out of the game early, and I don't believe he came back in. And we can probably assume that he was not at his best when he was in there because he was playing hurt.
TheEngineer  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:45:20 AM(UTC)
If Colledge can thrive at LT, then I say let him dedicate to it and learn the position from Clifton as his eventual successor. I'm all for utilising him to the best of our abilities. I'm not the biggest Colledge fan, but if he can get the job done at LT over LG then for sure I'd want him there.
bozz_2006  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:07:04 AM(UTC)
I think a possible move to LT for Colledge, right now, hinges on the coaches' confidence in Josh Sitton. That being said, I don't think that will happen this year unless Clifton is really hurt.
packersfan101101  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:11:40 AM(UTC)
clifton without a dought
bozz_2006  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:18:34 AM(UTC)
clifton without a dought
Packnic  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:48:42 AM(UTC)
Aaron Rouse
bozz_2006  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:03:06 AM(UTC)
Kurt Sauer
beast  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:05:02 AM(UTC)
Kellen Clemens
warhawk  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:55:36 PM(UTC)
You also have to consider what is the best lineup.

Would that be Colledge at LT and Sitton at Guard or Clifton and Colledge?

Considering we don't have a lot of wiggle room right now is not the time to play around with this lineup IMO.
PackerTraxx  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 6:32:00 PM(UTC)
If Colledge would turn out to be a good LT that would be great because that is a key positon and I don't see him as the answer at guard. It would turn out to be a good draft pick rather than a miss.
Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 6:58:00 PM(UTC)
Let me start by saying.. I am not a "Colledge hater".. instead I dislike the fact that the coaching staff is trying to make a Potato out of a Tomato.. Colledge plays to high and poor interior footwork inside.. he is a natural tackle. Point blank.

It pisses me off that this staff hasn't allowed him to anchor at one position.. his natural position and refine his skills as a tackle. Guard and Tackle are different animals.. the footwork is different, the way you engage is different, the reads are different.

I am amazed at the way he has been able to perform considering that they kick him around the line of scrimmage..

Do I criticize Colledge.. hell yes I do.. it pisses me off that when they chew on his ass.. for a game or two he decides he can play with leverage and is successful.. then he apparently loses focus and starts to play high again..

<rant off/>

On whom should start.. I don't know how you pull the pass blocking dominant Clifton out of this offense.. which is "Bill Walsh" pass heavy in thought.. pass now, run later..

But it sure helped Colledge that VandeBosch was out for most of the game.. but he did okay.

Personally, if they let Colledge take reps at tackle and only tackle.. I think he has a chance to be above average..

Oh and on the note of when we rush the best, Cliffy is on the sidelines.. que the footage of this game and tell me where we ran effectively.. Inside.. where Colledge vacated and Spitz, Wells and Sitton played pretty damn well.
Rockmolder  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 8:17:13 PM(UTC)
Clifton atm, but maybe form some kind of rotation for them, let Colledge get some snaps aswell.

If it doesn't work out, we can always ask Mandarich back.
Rss Feed