Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
longtimefan  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:12:44 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
A couple of weeks ago Rodgers was an egoistic dck if I remember correct.


What are you even talking about?


That's not my opinion, let's make that clear first, nor was it ever.

I recall him saying something in training camp about Brett, and it offended alot of Packer fans who labelled him as self-centered and what not really fast.

Now these comments are a bit different obviously, but it does seem to go the same way. Condemming him on one interview.

EDIT : Typo's


Oh, the "get on board or keep your mouths shut" comment. I think most fans took that for what it was: a dumb comment by a guy who was getting a little frustrated with the situation. Some fans even liked the comment. It didn't have too much of a negative effect on Rodgers, because he had already established himself as a guy who had done and said all the right things over the past couple years. And he immediately clarified afterwards that he loves the fans and did not mean to insult them.


And you truly believe what the media says all the time? As we have come to learn sometimes the media blows things up on purpose ( this is about rodgers) Call pr and ask, might give you a whole new out look on shut up and get on board..
but yeah lets only believe the medai when it suits are arguments
longtimefan  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:14:57 PM(UTC)
I am going to say that Mike McCarthy pulled him into the office and had some tea with him and told him to please STFU
MassPackersFan  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:20:01 PM(UTC)
It doesn't surprise me that everyone is frustrated after the loss. It's going to manifest in different ways, especially with such young people like Finley. He was probably bothered that he didn't catch either ball, and both balls were difficult catches - I think we can all agree on that. He's a Packer and I'm willing not to insult him. Give him a stern talking to and a "free pass" this time. He can't keep the attitude up though.
Pack93z  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:45:49 PM(UTC)
He is a young kid making a silly and aggressive comment.. I mark it up as a coaching opportunity, because I am sure Mike McCarthy and staff will be on his arse about that type of comment.

Kind of like the out of context Rodgers comment as mentioned.. a one time pass type of thing.. don't give the media any fodder or they will take the house on you.

On the "Pack Attack" program last night filmed in Wausau, WI.. he was more humble.. not the greatest public speaker, but I didn't hear any of this 'tude.
shield4life  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:58:27 PM(UTC)
His just trying to build up some confidence for himself.
Bigbyfan  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:58:38 PM(UTC)
Quote:
"I don't agree with the tight end's quote," coach Mike McCarthy said Monday.



I love that line.... "the tight end's quote" Nope not Finely, not Jermichael, but the tight end

Reminds me of Parcells calling Terrell Owens "the player"
gbpfan  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:32:39 PM(UTC)
the one catch thought he had it the other i have to say a-rod threw to someone very well covered didn't have time to turn for the catch now as far as what finn had to say well i agree with most chalk it up to never being in the spot light and media like to ad lib what a person says so well see how he does this week :icon_smile:
4PackGirl  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:10:41 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
"I don't agree with the tight end's quote," coach Mike McCarthy said Monday.



I love that line.... "the tight end's quote" Nope not Finely, not Jermichael, but the tight end

Reminds me of Parcells calling Terrell Owens "the player"


i was thinkin the exact same thing!! :thumbright:
Greg C.  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:22:05 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
A couple of weeks ago Rodgers was an egoistic dck if I remember correct.


What are you even talking about?


That's not my opinion, let's make that clear first, nor was it ever.

I recall him saying something in training camp about Brett, and it offended alot of Packer fans who labelled him as self-centered and what not really fast.

Now these comments are a bit different obviously, but it does seem to go the same way. Condemming him on one interview.

EDIT : Typo's


Oh, the "get on board or keep your mouths shut" comment. I think most fans took that for what it was: a dumb comment by a guy who was getting a little frustrated with the situation. Some fans even liked the comment. It didn't have too much of a negative effect on Rodgers, because he had already established himself as a guy who had done and said all the right things over the past couple years. And he immediately clarified afterwards that he loves the fans and did not mean to insult them.


And you truly believe what the media says all the time? As we have come to learn sometimes the media blows things up on purpose ( this is about rodgers) Call pr and ask, might give you a whole new out look on shut up and get on board..
but yeah lets only believe the medai when it suits are arguments


I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Rodgers said it and the media reported it. That's their job. I don't remember anybody blowing it out of proportion. It was a very minor story that was quickly lost in all of the Brett Favre hoopla, as it deserved to be.
Cheesey  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:02:42 PM(UTC)
I think the veteran players should take him aside and let him know you don't talk that way about your QB. Even if you feel that way, you shut up and man up.
JMO
PackerTraxx  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 6:18:33 PM(UTC)
Longtimefan and Cheesey got it Mr. McCarthy should have a nice little "father/son" talk with Mr. Finley and the player should reinforce it. Shut up and make the play. His remarks remind me of that commercial a couple of years ago where the player blames the team for not recovering his fumble.
Overkill  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:02:05 PM(UTC)
Buy 5 copies of GB's fattest newspaper, roll 'em up, sit him down then b|tch slap him 12 times, ask him if he gets it, "SIR YES SIR!", say good, then smack him again for good measure.
Pack93z  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:36:09 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Buy 5 copies of GB's fattest newspaper, roll 'em up, sit him down then b|tch slap him 12 times, ask him if he gets it, "SIR YES SIR!", say good, then smack him again for good measure.


LOL.. I am thinking he might be doing an extra wind sprint for every letter in his comments today..

OT.. in spring ball as a kid, we had this coach that tallied your mistakes from practice and the previous season.. as we had to do one towel drill for each mistake... A towel drill consisted of running while pushing a rolled up towel on the hallways.. from one end of the school to the other..

Those were killers on the quads and shoulders.. opening day was "Contemplation Day" as he called it. I hated it with a passion.. but you tended not to make the same mistakes again. ;)
dfosterf  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:51:39 PM(UTC)
"Go get your towels, girls!" Drill Instructor. Standing "on line" at attention (Red stripes on both sides of the squad bay). Towel held by two corners at full reach/extension of your arms at shoulder height- between thumbs and forefingers. Do not drop the towel or lower your arms. Try it. And here you thought a towel wasn't heavy... Really quite embarassing, when you dwell on it. An excellent cure for cockiness.
longtimefan  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 8:53:43 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Longtimefan and Cheesey got it Mr. McCarthy should have a nice little "father/son" talk with Mr. Finley and the player should reinforce it. Shut up and make the play. His remarks remind me of that commercial a couple of years ago where the player blames the team for not recovering his fumble.


Got a little hint that Mike McCarthy did speak to him and probably used some not so nice words LOL
Zero2Cool  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 8:59:58 PM(UTC)
I'm glad I read this. It makes me feel better about Rodgers character, Philibin and McCarthy equally. Don't let the whiners run the asylum.
IronMan  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 12:12:44 PM(UTC)
Hey Finley...

[youtube]yQ4CweGjUVM[/youtube]
TheEngineer  
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 5:46:13 AM(UTC)
A quick update on the latest word:

Quote:
One-sided conversation

McCarthy said he had a conversation with rookie tight end Jermichael Finley, who criticized both Rodgers and the coaches following Sundays loss to the Titans.

The sense was that McCarthy did most of the talking.

Its over with, McCarthy said. He made a mistake.

McCarthy clearly wasnt happy after Finley put the blame on Rodgers for their inability to connect on a fourth-and-1 play against the Titans and then insinuated that the coaches werent using him enough or in the right ways.

Finley refused comment Wednesday but said he would address reporters today.
alldaybaby  
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:39:49 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
A quick update on the latest word:

Quote:
One-sided conversation

McCarthy said he had a conversation with rookie tight end Jermichael Finley, who criticized both Rodgers and the coaches following Sundays loss to the Titans.

The sense was that McCarthy did most of the talking.

Its over with, McCarthy said. He made a mistake.

McCarthy clearly wasnt happy after Finley put the blame on Rodgers for their inability to connect on a fourth-and-1 play against the Titans and then insinuated that the coaches werent using him enough or in the right ways.

Finley refused comment Wednesday but said he would address reporters today.




can't wait to see what he has to say this time around , no doubt it will be what he has been told to say
Rockmolder  
#40 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 11:40:07 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
A quick update on the latest word:

Quote:
One-sided conversation

McCarthy said he had a conversation with rookie tight end Jermichael Finley, who criticized both Rodgers and the coaches following Sundays loss to the Titans.

The sense was that McCarthy did most of the talking.

Its over with, McCarthy said. He made a mistake.

McCarthy clearly wasnt happy after Finley put the blame on Rodgers for their inability to connect on a fourth-and-1 play against the Titans and then insinuated that the coaches werent using him enough or in the right ways.

Finley refused comment Wednesday but said he would address reporters today.




can't wait to see what he has to say this time around , no doubt it will be what he has been told to say


I asume so, he really has no choice here. I'm guessing he'll come up with alot of words, but it's pretty much gonna be him appolegizing.

Or he's trying out for the Cowboys ofcourse.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (25m) : Bears declining option on Josh Sitton. He'll be Free Agent.
Zero2Cool (25m) : Chiefs CB Marcus Peters trade rumors -- come to Packers!
Smokey (5h) : Join us in Packershome and be part of the discussion today .
Zero2Cool (19-Feb) : Elizabeeth ... good bye
Zero2Cool (19-Feb) : Saturday, August 19, 2017
Zero2Cool (19-Feb) : That's dedicated spammng!
Nonstopdrivel (19-Feb) : For some reason, I had to flush my DNS cache to access this site from my laptop today.
Nonstopdrivel (19-Feb) : I prefer toads to frogs, Smokey, thank you very much.
Rockmolder (19-Feb) : My girlfriends says thanks, Rourke.
Smokey (19-Feb) : Nonstopdrivel that you most likely say to all the frogs you meet .
Nonstopdrivel (19-Feb) : Rockmolder's avatar is so fucking sexy.
gbguy20 (19-Feb) : never seen the interview before. tough to listen to. can't believe it was 7 years ago
gbguy20 (19-Feb) : just watched a nick Collins tribute on yourube. the end featured an interview with nick reflecting on his injury
buckeyepackfan (17-Feb) : Saints De'Vante Harris nothing but a POS!!!!! Look up his tweetes on Florida killings!!
Nonstopdrivel (17-Feb) : They're laying new gas line near my house. The trucks are all from a company in Madison.
Smokey (14-Feb) : 2018 Hall o Fame Game/Aug.2,2018/Ravens vs Bears
Zero2Cool (13-Feb) : Based off 2017 records, Packers have toughest schedule for 2018
Smokey (13-Feb) : Wow, tough new 2018 Packer Schedule !
Zero2Cool (12-Feb) : I don't know anything about him though. He good? Bad?
Zero2Cool (12-Feb) : Free Agent CB David Amerson ... bring him in!
Smokey (11-Feb) : Coffee time .
Smokey (11-Feb) : Watching girls olympic Hockey.
Rockmolder (10-Feb) : They'd have to give up half their draft. Cousins seems more likely.
Rockmolder (10-Feb) : I've read that somewhere. Wasn't anything more than speculation. Can't imagine it'll happen.
Smokey (10-Feb) : Might Denver trade with Cleveland for the #1 draft pick ?
Cheesey (10-Feb) : Zero is having fun yanking some chains!LOL!
Porforis (9-Feb) : KAPERNICK! jay kay
Zero2Cool (9-Feb) : Sign Case Keenum, trade Aaron Rodgers. Bring us a winner! (haha0
Zero2Cool (9-Feb) : in other words, it wasn't going against the salary cap, that's the point here.
Zero2Cool (9-Feb) : Favre wasn't offered $25 to stay retired! My lord, he was offered 10 year merchandising deal.
Zero2Cool (9-Feb) : Packers should be leaders, not followers. Set the trend, don't be the trend.
Zero2Cool (9-Feb) : Just because 49ers overpaid, doesn't mean other teams should be stupid.
gbguy20 (9-Feb) : wouldn't hurt the cap, just the bottom line. we offered favre 25 mill to stay retired.
gbguy20 (9-Feb) : or get him to take a team friendly number now while promising him a massive marketing contract in retirement to make up for it
gbguy20 (9-Feb) : jimmy g set the record after 7 starts. you really think Rodgers value goes down? sign him now and make it cap friendly for the next 2 years. get him for 28.5 per now instead of 34 per year a year or 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

6h / Random Babble / Smokey

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

19-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

19-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

17-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rockmolder

16-Feb / Around The NFL / Cheesey

15-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

14-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-Feb / Football Familiarity / Smokey

12-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8-Feb / Random Babble / Smokey

8-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

8-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

Headlines