Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MontanaBob  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:46:05 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 56

When does it ever end???? Just when you think you can retire peacefully and all the worries are gone...BAM....something happens. Late yesterday one of my daughters was on her way to an appointment in Missoula when she broadsided an old pick-up at an unmarked intersection. She had, and I emphasize HAD, a 1988 Honda Civic that was my mother-in-laws car. True to the old cartoon about little old ladies only driving the car on Sundays, this thing had under 50,000 miles on it and got over 35 mpg.

Robin is one hurting lady today as her seat belt buckle broke on impact and she hit the windshield and steering wheel. The front of the car is pushed back into the engine and the engine itself is tilted off it's frame.
She's ok and still had her sense of humor. She told the invesgitatiing police officer, " Sh_ _! I thought I ran into Warren Sapp from Dancing with the Stars. My little car bounced back 15 feet, and didn't put a dent in him."

She's fine, but hurting and needs a ride now. She lives right across the street from the Missoula Police Department so she said she's going to bum rides from them. :thumbleft:
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Sponsor
Offline IronMan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:09:57 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 54

Wow I'm glad she is ok. :eeeek:
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:05:19 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,830
Applause Received: 1,365

Glad she is ok Bob. I will pray for her.
I have a car for sale. It doesn't get 35 mpg however.
Here's some advice. I hit a windshield in an accident when I was 18. Went to the Dr and got checked out. No big deal.
Fast forward 20 years. I saw my landlord, a chiropractor, in the post office and asked him about carpal tunnel. He told me that he could not answer my question there but to come in to his office and he would check me out.
He showed me the xray and I have 3 vertebrae in my upper back that are out of alignment and are trying to fuse together. 3 more in my lower back that are a little off. (After hitting the windshield my back accordioned up so to speak.) He said if I had started treatment after the accident he could have gotten them back into position. After 20 years there was only so much they could do. I told him that I didn't have problems back then. He told me it was because I was getting older that I was noticing the problems. (Usually it is not my back but my arms that bother me.) The nerves that run to my arms pass right thru the damaged area.
Have her check it out thoroughly. If there is nothing wrong. Fantastic. I would think that the exam and xrays are $1000 or less and the medical coverage on the auto policy will pay for it. If she does have some injuries it is better to catch it now rather than later.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 10:03:55 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Glad she is okay.. grandma's car is always a beaut... that part is a bummer.

Good advice wpr... that is one thing I am bad at... going to see a doctor.. everytime I go something else is wrong.. so I have decided, unless the pain is off the charts.. I refuse to go. My wife says she is going to cart me in soon.. she better use a damn strong drug to knock my ass out. :lol:
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 3:36:27 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Good thing she's ok Bob. Great that she still had her sense of humor. Gotta love someone with a sense of humor in something tragic like that. Tell her that she should watch out for Sapp next unmarked intersection she comes across. lol

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Glad she is ok Bob. I will pray for her.
I have a car for sale. It doesn't get 35 mpg however.
Here's some advice. I hit a windshield in an accident when I was 18. Went to the Dr and got checked out. No big deal.
Fast forward 20 years. I saw my landlord, a chiropractor, in the post office and asked him about carpal tunnel. He told me that he could not answer my question there but to come in to his office and he would check me out.
He showed me the xray and I have 3 vertebrae in my upper back that are out of alignment and are trying to fuse together. 3 more in my lower back that are a little off. (After hitting the windshield my back accordioned up so to speak.) He said if I had started treatment after the accident he could have gotten them back into position. After 20 years there was only so much they could do. I told him that I didn't have problems back then. He told me it was because I was getting older that I was noticing the problems. (Usually it is not my back but my arms that bother me.) The nerves that run to my arms pass right thru the damaged area.
Have her check it out thoroughly. If there is nothing wrong. Fantastic. I would think that the exam and xrays are $1000 or less and the medical coverage on the auto policy will pay for it. If she does have some injuries it is better to catch it now rather than later.

It's amazing how much chiropractors can help, eh? Seriously, better than going to 'regular' doctor and get loaded up with drugs whom side effects alone are worse than the actual symptom.

As soon as my wife gets settled in her new job, we'll be going back to our chiropractor. When we were going, I could actually BREATHE through my sinuses. It was wonderful!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline dfosterf  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 10:02:23 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 173
Applause Received: 387

Bob,

I am certainly relieved that Robin didn't get seriously hurt. As I was reading the news yesterday, as each of your sentences unfolded to my conciousness...well, I know I'm not alone in having thought to myself...
Hmm, I wonder if Bob's nemesis has upped the ante on him and gone after his family members? I'm sorry for the delay in sharing my relief that your daughter is ok, but I a am pleased to report that my crack team of investigators have uncovered mitigating evidence as regards the unmarked intersection. My team advises that your daughter is correct in advising that the intersection was and is unmarked in the stop sign sense. However, another (perhaps disturbing?) graphic was uncovered during the inquiry....

UserPostedImage

Bob, the diabolical nature of your foe cannot be overstated...

Anyway, glad to hear she is ok. :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline gbpfan  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 1:39:20 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

Happy to hear your daughter came out fine,and glad she kept her humor that always helps hope she gets well soon.
blank
Offline 4PackGirl  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 1:43:04 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 123

holy moly - please send her all of our best wishes on a speedy recovery. could have been a whole lot worse, so happy it wasn't. hang in there bob. hug a squirrel. :D
UserPostedImage
Offline MontanaBob  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 2:28:20 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Thanks to all of you for your best wishes and all for Robin. I'll relay the messages.
Yes, wpr, she did get checked and seems fine except for bruises. Crap, I still have scars and bruises from when I tried flying on my ATV. (remember that?)

Funny thing about your sign dfosterf, just a block away there is a caution sign for Deer Crossing.........right in the city. That particular area is a natural pathway for deer and an occassional Elk to use to get from the Clark Fork River bottom to the open areas and mountains just west of Missoula.

I'm going to get one made that says; "Caution: Sapp Crossing." Put it up on a power pole at that intersection.
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 2:36:13 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,830
Applause Received: 1,365

Yep I remember.
Better yet. Give the sign to her for Christmas.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline yooperfan  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 3:26:32 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 539
Applause Received: 247

Glad to hear that she is OK Bob.
At least she didn't hit a bison, that may have been worse.
I think they have a bigger bone to pick with you than the squirrels.
Offline MontanaBob  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 6:31:45 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Yooper...I'm trying real hard to forget about the Bison, then you gotta come along and open up old wounds. :physassult: I've pretty much stayed away from them, but I still pass the herd when I have to go into Missoula. I swear a few of them start pawing the ground and run to the fence along HWY 93 and watch with those beady eyes as I pass.

Just as long as I can keep them away from the squirrels I think I'll be ok. But if somehow they team up, that could get ugly. A pound and a half squirrel is one thing, but a 1600 pound buffalo is quite another.

Noooo Thank You! :eeeek:
Rss Feed