Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GOPACKGO1225  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:16:51 AM(UTC)
Favre is playing good, but getting way too much credit imo.
dfosterf  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 12:12:36 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Favre is playing good, but getting way too much credit imo.

I would say he is getting a hell of a lot credit... Or I should say, one hell of a lot of deserved credit. The man is a true living legend, of that there can no longer be any doubt. Even his most severe national critics acknowledge that no one has ever played the game at his position, at his age, at this level.

I am thrilled for the man, to the point that I can actually root on the Jets...And in my 53 years on this planet I have never sincerely rooted for another team without some sort of motivation involving my team or an increased level of hatred for the the team they were playing.

It is too bad for so many that they cannot simultaneously root for Brett and the Jets without bringing their rather juvenile schadenfruede here to this board and it's supporters. This is sad for them, not this forum. Whatever reservations I still hold in my attempt to root Brett on are largely due to those posters and their colleagues residing (infesting?) other boards, on-line news columns, etc.

None of this can take away from Brett's amazing resilience and level of play. As an ardent Ted Thompson supporter, I can only recommend that those of like-mind tune out the morons and tune in Bretty and the Jets. We are witness to some truly amazing events, and these must be cherished. I saw Bart Starr play. I saw Johnny Unitas. I got to be disgusted with Joe Namath. I knew the Green Bay Packer teams of the 60's intimately. Fran Tarkenton would piss me off, so would the Purple People eaters and the fearsome foursome, and Bud Grant, and Mike Ditka, and....

When you read those teams and names, remind yourself of this. Brett Favre just might be accomplishing some things more profound than any of them ever did...as incredible as it might seem, it is still early...who the hell knows what the future will bring...he certainly doesn't... Let's all enjoy the ride.
dhpackr  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:44:56 PM(UTC)
Brett is a candidate for MVP and will play in the AFC Championship Game.

Rodgers and the Packers MIGHT FINISH AT .500 and will not see the playoffs!
Ted Thompson should be fired.
Roddyboy  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:20:10 PM(UTC)
I agree. 100%.

And i don't understand how my articles on Favre and the Jets keep getting relegated here, to NFL news when it was origninally in the Brett Favre section.

Aren't these topics about Brett Favre, or am I missing something here?
dfosterf  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:32:58 PM(UTC)
I agree. 100%.

And i don't understand how my articles on Favre and the Jets keep getting relegated here, to NFL news when it was origninally in the Brett Favre section.

Aren't these topics about Brett Favre, or am I missing something here?

Allright, take this in the spirit intended...it is one hell of a lot more funny than serious...I do like you and your posts....however twisted they might be :icon_smile:

A possible explanation for the re-route...

*zero- too- cool stands up from lifeguard chair, notes children over-extending beyond allowable limits, places whistle to mouth*

TWEET, TWEET TWEEEET---

"ALLRIGHT.... everyone on this thread... OUTTA THE GENE POOL...NOW!"

:pottytrain2:
dhpackr  
#26 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 1:46:13 PM(UTC)
i know i have been a packer fan for a long time. Sat through the 70's 80's and 90's and into the new millennium.

this year I have had more fun watching the jets than the packers and for the first time in my entire life, i am watching another player on another team.

GO JETS, GO Favre, I hope you win it all brother, including a forth MVP. Make Ted Thompson look silly.
Pack93z  
#27 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 1:49:52 PM(UTC)
i know i have been a packer fan for a long time. Sat through the 70's 80's and 90's and into the new millennium.

this year I have had more fun watching the jets than the packers and for the first time in my entire life, i am watching another player on another team.

GO JETS, GO Favre, I hope you win it all brother, including a forth MVP. Make Ted Thompson look silly.

That is great for you.. I am happy you found a way to embrace more than just the Packers.. sometimes people need a change.

Good luck on the bandwagon..

Myself.. I still bleed Green and Gold, but am secure enough with my fanhood to openly cheer as well for Brett.. wish him and the Jets the best..

I still don't understand the hatred for Thompson to this day... if you hold a grudge.. you should hold one for Brett himself as well.. he did his part to end up a Jet as well.

Life happens.. enjoy the ride.
dhpackr  
#28 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 2:13:58 PM(UTC)

That is great for you.. I am happy you found a way to embrace more than just the Packers.. sometimes people need a change.

Myself.. I still bleed Green and Gold, but am secure enough with my fanhood to openly cheer as well for Brett.. wish him and the Jets the best..

I still don't understand the hatred for Thompson to this day... if you hold a grudge.. you should hold one for Brett himself as well.. he did his part to end up a Jet as well.

This is how i see it.
After 17 years, and never missing a game, playing your heart out, and basically, taking a young team and placing them on your back. Remember, we had no running game last year. brett was slinging the ball 50 times a game, brett had one of his best seasons ever, we get within 1 play of the super bowl.............

WTF why do you need this man to tell you he is coming back?????????????
When training camp begins, and he is not there, I can see applying pressure, but until then, what exactly did Ted Thompson need to know.

I'm thinking, Brett Favre earned the right to make a decision until freaking the middle of august if he felt like it.
Pack93z  
#29 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 2:24:18 PM(UTC)
Then Brett should have said that instead of retiring.. came out as he had done in recent years and say.. I need more time to make this type of decision.

He did it in years past.. my opinion.. that started the ball rolling.. some say it was forced. Fine.

He went on Letterman and other shows and said he was done.. no scandal there. He did say he didn't know how he would feel come training camp.. but hey that is fine.

But don't retire.. simple as that.. said it a 100 times over.

Would it have been better for the Packers is they just released Favre?

Would you have more respect for Ted and Co then?

Probably not because that would have been foolish as hell.

Do I think Ted and Co., handled it correctly, nope, but neither did Favre and his family..

It was a lack of communication that turned into a divorce.. it sucks rotten stinking eggs the way it ended.. and there is a part of me that lost some purity of the game that day.. the day it ended..

But it was a two way street that got them there.. no questions about it.. none.

So just as I refuse to hold a grudge against Brett for playing in another uni.. I hold no grudge against Ted for his failings in this as well.. IMO.. equal blame is required.

But that is old news.. the Jets are making a run, Brett is playing well.. that bandwagon is getting full.. why waste time looking at a subject that will probably never be truly answered in full.
dfosterf  
#30 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 2:48:36 PM(UTC)

This is how i see it.
After 17 years, and never missing a game, playing your heart out, and basically, taking a young team and placing them on your back. Remember, we had no running game last year. brett was slinging the ball 50 times a game, brett had one of his best seasons ever, we get within 1 play of the super bowl.............

WTF why do you need this man to tell you he is coming back?????????????
When training camp begins, and he is not there, I can see applying pressure, but until then, what exactly did Ted Thompson need to know.

I'm thinking, Brett Favre earned the right to make a decision until freaking the middle of august if he felt like it.

We are simple Sodbusters. I keep saying it, Vikesrule likes putting it in his signature, and we keep proving him right. My favorite cartoon on the matter, and I don't care who you are, THAT'S SOME FUNNY STUFF, there... My personal favorite is the part about Brett poppin' a cap into a fan's wife, and the thrill the fan gets in having a Brett Favre souvenir...Speaks volumes, imo.

The Cartoon... FROM ONE AND A HALF YEARS AGO-- (That thought NEVER seems to get in the current equation anymore)

Bang Cartoon; Hostage Crisis

'scuse me, TWO and a half years ago...even more funny crap on the subject in '07, but that's pilin' on...
longtimefan  
#31 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 4:12:56 PM(UTC)
Defense stats

they are 4th in passing att per game, which tells me that teams are behind and are trying to play catch up..

they are 4th in rushing avg per game

5th in rushing tds given up

they have dbl the amount of sacks as the packers

ties for 7th in passing tds allowed

As much as Brett has helped the offense, Jenkins and Pace are just as important or more important to the D

This D gets overlooked big time, and rightly so given the circumstances, but to say that only ONE player is the only reason for the turn around is ignorant
Roddyboy  
#32 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 6:05:42 PM(UTC)
You can't stand the fact that BF is better than Aaron Rodgers can you, LT?

Also, the fact that Ted Thompson screwed up big time and will be out of GB by next year...

Face it, these two are NOT equal. BF makes the team better, as he did last year, and would have done this year.

FACT!
Pack93z  
#33 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 6:25:34 PM(UTC)
I wonder what is going to happen if the Jets don't make the Superbowl.. will there be mass calling for the GM to fall upon his sword?

I mean, every possible issue with a football team comes down the the GM and their lack of ability to build a winner.. right. ;)
Roddyboy  
#34 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 7:16:02 PM(UTC)
No.

I think they will be grateful that the GM and BF turned around a 4-12 team and led them deep into the playoffs, unlike a majority of ingrate Packer "fans" who turned on Favre in favor of a mediocre (.500) GM and unproven, cocky QB by the name of AROD...Why was BF forced to "fall on his sword", as you say?

Why such hatred for a guy who led your team to the NFC championship game?

By now, you should see that it wasn't because of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy alone. BF was a big part of the equation, and people aren't happy that the Packers have returned to mediocrity after such a season last year.

What's so hard to understand?
longtimefan  
#35 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 7:42:45 PM(UTC)
You can't stand the fact that Brett Favre is better than Aaron Rodgers can you, LT?

Also, the fact that Ted Thompson screwed up big time and will be out of GB by next year...

Face it, these two are NOT equal. Brett Favre makes the team better, as he did last year, and would have done this year.

FACT!

God damn...people never fucking read do they?

http://packershome.com/i...p;finish=15&start=30

Quote:
Brett Favre should be the q/b in GB, it was a mess, and I think for the most part for THIS YEAR he would have given us a better chance..

In fact cuz of fuck heads like you , your lover DH, and some other people..That is now my fucking sig
Zero2Cool  
#36 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 1:46:28 PM(UTC)
No.

I think they will be grateful that the GM and Brett Favre turned around a 4-12 team and led them deep into the playoffs, unlike a majority of ingrate Packer "fans" who turned on Favre in favor of a mediocre (.500) GM and unproven, cocky QB by the name of AROD...Why was Brett Favre forced to "fall on his sword", as you say?

Why such hatred for a guy who led your team to the NFC championship game?

By now, you should see that it wasn't because of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy alone. Brett Favre was a big part of the equation, and people aren't happy that the Packers have returned to mediocrity after such a season last year.

What's so hard to understand?

Stop with this. It's gotten old the first 1,390,492 times.
Rss Feed